Expediamisguilding information online

Di Van Nuys, CA Review updated:

I showed up at the Hotel and found out that they were a non-smoking only Hotel. When I reserved my reservation online through Expedia they had a option box to check for smoking room to choose and I did. The Hotel Clerk didn't offer anything for that mistake through Expedia's mistake and didn't care. He just acted in a PC manor covering up that he didn't really care.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Van Nuys, CAFurther the room did have a nice bed the television didn't work and I asked them to fix it 4 times and it never was fixed in my 3 night stay over 4th of July weekend. I will not book anymore reservations through Expedia.com. What they are is a Third-Party that makes there own rules and the Hotel you book at isn't responsible for any changes or problems what-have you. These Third-Party companies are out for themselves and I guess you get what you pay for going through them. If you use them make sure you followup with the information they list is accurate by calling the location yourself and find out what's current and accurate. That was my mistake.

Comments

• Di
      Jul 06, 2009

CORRECTION: AirTel Plaza Hotel and Convention is the name of the Hotel Business. Exedia is the Booker.

Thanks,

Jul 10, 2009

I used to work at a hotel and unfortunately what has been said about 3rd party companies is TRUE! The hotel doesn't owe you compensation for not having a smoking room because if you had booked directly with them you would have known so...3rd party companies will promise you the world for a sale. Book directly through the hotel...they have the real answers.

Jul 23, 2009

Ummmm...it was a mistake.

Had you istead gone to another hotel, Expedia would have probably paid a small sum in the difference of price.

But what I say...It's summertime. SMoke outside like everybody else.