Expedia / double booking

1 5184 Bentley DriveDelta, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 604-946-4780

Sometime prior to August 22, 2008 I booked a room at the Salmon Arm, B.C. Travelodge. Prior to my scheduled arrival and certainly within 24 hours of that date, I cancelled my reservation. The reason was that I was attending a funeral and determined that my friend, whose wife passed away, invited me to stay with him. I called the Travelodge and thought that I cancelled my trip. I was informed that I only cancelled one reservation and that I had made two. I certainly had no reason to book two rooms for two of us (husband and wife) to stay overnight. I have been charged for this stay and futile efforts to recover my expenses have met with no results. I went through Travelodge and Visa. Is there some means that you can assist me to recover my lost funds ($98.95). Thank you.

Comments

7th of Nov, 2008

I am an employee at a hotel and i will say this much... Third Party reservations is a bad idea. 90% percent of the time if you call the hotel and tell them that expedia has a different price the hotel will match that rate if you book it through the hotel.

Another MAJOR problem is, you have already paid for the room by the time you get to the hotel. So, what if you have problems IE: the wireless internet isnt working, the pool heater is broken, the elevator is out of service? Guess what? the hotel cant give you a discount for your stay... We have no control over the price once you pay for the room.

THINK ABOUT IT?

Is few dollars worth the risk? (most of the hotels rates are same as as a third party anyways WE ARE GETTING SMART!!!)

So, Call us FIRST!!!