Eureka Forbes / Aquaguard Reviva / Poor product and support

1 India Review updated:

In August '06 I bought an Aquaguard Reviva system, after Eureka Forbes convinced me that the ground water can be used for drinking as the RO unit would remove all the salts from the incoming water. After using the unit week, all of our family members experienced severe stomach ache after consuming the "purified" water from the Reviva system. So, we stopped using it until we bought an overhead tank to store draining water supplied by the corporation.

The overhead tank was then connected to the Reviva system, and it functioned pretty well in the beginning (except that it flushed out 3/4th water as waste this time, even though were were using drinking water supplied by corporation.). NOW, within 3 months of regular usage, the unit stalls abruptly and we hear constant ticking sound from the motor or probably from other mechanical parts inside. Not even a single drop of water is processed at this time, but it flushes water continuously. Automatic shutoff is also not working. After 20 calls to the Eureka Forbes customer support center (044-[protected]), one of the reps came in and changed a spare part (they called it as "SV") and they told me that it will take 3 days for the change to take effect (I wonder why?). Well, even after 3 weeks now, the problem is not yet resolved. Rarely when it functions, it wastes 90% of the water (as oppsed to the standard 60% wastage by any unit utilizing the Reverse Osmosis technology.)

Their customer support personnel keep assigning different complaint numbers (59366, 67328 etc and so forth) to me whenever I call them, but none of the reps turn up to my house. And they don't acknowledge the complaint I registered with them the last time I called them. (Wondering if their helpdesk software is defective too?)

I've been cheated in all ways, after paying a hefty sum of Rs. 12,500 for the product. They've not even changed the "membrane" yet, which they promised during the time I purchased the unit. The product will be out of Warranty next month, and guess how their support would be for out of Warranty products.

There seems to be no contact number to reach their top Ops, no separate complaint cell, no Fax numbers, no E-Mail and nothing. This is completely NON-PROFESSIONAL! Mind you, I'll never buy a product from these cheaters, and will recommend against buying Eureka Forbes' products, to my friends, neighbors, family and the housing boards and other associations nearby whom I know. We're now buying bottled water (Kinley 25 ltrs) just because the Reviva unit is non-functional.

Even more pathetic issue is that I've not received the invoice for purchasing the Reviva unit (and a Euroclean WD unit bought a month earlier) even after SEVERAL reminders. Come on Eureka Forbes!! ...You got to issue the invoice, at least.

Eureka Forbes has the WORST OF THE WORST service I've even seen, at least in my locality. Their customer support need to grow up. I'm seriously thinking about taking a legal advice on this matter.

Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan
Chromepet, Chennai.

Comments

• Ak
      2nd of Aug, 2007

I agree to you. The company's attitude is very rude and they have a regiment of cheat servicemen and salesmen. Initially they promise to provide good service but after selling their product they ignore the customers and befool them.

• Ra
      27th of Nov, 2007

Dear Team EFL,

Really it is shocking information for me because i worked with EFL for 10 years and i know the values and at hicks of EFL and really I love and respect of EFL because EFL is one of the biggest training institute for their sales and support team but it is really happening manlier places and level of customer dissatisfaction is going extremely up.Reasons are only service tech. and CRR's of locations who's are not giving proper time and attention to Respected customers.

• Na
      16th of Jul, 2008

I agree. Eureka Forbes is really bad i its service. Forget about service of the product. they are not at all good at giving you the invoice also. I have waited for more than 45 days to receive the Invoice and still I have not received it. I called them couple of times. Not response. I am thinking to approach Consumer Forum. I did not understand why they should take this much time to give the Invoice. There is nothing much they have to do with Invoice. Simply to take a print out for this kind of work and to give the invoice if they are going to take this kind of time which is really really bad. At the end of the day if you dont have proper service, no matter how good the product is.

• Ya
      4th of Nov, 2008

The service is pathetic. The sales person and his supervisor when they visit for a demo, they say one thing and and do the another. I have purchased the euroclean cacuum cleaner on 28.10.08. Shri Rajeshwar, the sales person didnot mention that there are many parts / accessories missing. When i confronted and enquired he assured me to deliver the same next day. In this regard i have contacted his superior and others in the office in new delhi over the phone. Every body assured me to provide the missing parts but till date i have not received the same..i think i have made a bad choice by choosing the eureka forbes ltd product