Etisalat / anonumous calls from isd code +92

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

Dear Sir,
My name is Gopa Dutta. I use the mobile number [protected] which is in the name of my husband, Mr. Kishan Dutta.
I have been receiving calls from unknown numbers with ISD code +92 which is for Pakistan. These calls are from different numbers with the same ISD code +92. My husband uses mobile no: [protected]. Even he has received such calls on various occasions. So have many of our acquaintances and a string of emails warning about these calls is doing rounds on the internet now. I can produce these emails, if need be.
To substantiate my statement, I have received a call on 19/01/2009 at 17.49 hrs from +[protected] and again two calls on 03/02/09 at 18.49 and 18.52 hours from +[protected].
When some of us, including my husband, tried calling the numbers from where they received these calls, they were invariably told that they have won a 1 million gift voucher from “Etisalat’. When this is dismissed as rubbish, the person on the other end starts using an abusive language that would put a decent person to shame.
More so, these calls come through at odd hours too
It is obvious from the foregoing that the database of Etisalat customers is available to these callers and they are not only harassing your customers, but also maligning your name.
I request you to probe this matter and resolve this issue. I am sure, you would have received more complaints about this issue.
Awaiting your quick response.
Best Regards.
Gopa Dutta.
email id [email protected]

Comments

• Ha
      19th of Oct, 2009

Dear,

Regarding your above complaint. Please keep in mind that these people who are calling they are calling annonamus numbers without having a data base or anything of that kind. Also make sure that you haven't listed your phone number in the directory cause as you know it is available for anyone who enters etislat. Rest asure that know one is using etisalat data base and as long as this person who is calling is outside the country no one can reach him or do anything to him.

It's the same thing happening with Yahoo and MSN Email Accounts, did anyone of the people sending fraud emails get cought.

Regards

• Ap
      7th of Dec, 2009

Dear Ppl,

I have been getting anonymous calls from numbers starting from +92 which I understand is from Pakistan. I got the first call in the afternoon once in the first week of December and have received a call today ie 06th Dec'09 at 15.30 hrs.

While, I dont have any clue as to how they have my number, it seems this problem is persistent with many other customers as well. Hope concerned people take necessary action.

• Cr
      7th of Dec, 2009

I got a call from same ISD code. N the no. is +92 3035517423
    I've gogled dis no. N i found it out to be a pakistani no.
    I've got no connection wid Pakistan but I'm getting calls
    from these numbers.this is the third time I'm getting a call like dat.
    Unlikely As stated by gopa, I don't know what's this etislat.
    Can someone plz help me out with my curiosity to know where r these calls coming from.

• Mo
      10th of Dec, 2009

my credit got reduced by Dhs 10 for just messaging 1 message!
    I NEED MY MONEY BACK!!!

• As
      6th of Jan, 2010

why has the etisalat banned msn messenger on 3G networks.just another way of teasing subscribers.

• Pu
      6th of Jan, 2010

I am an Airtel subscriber, I am also getting similar calls from a number: +923056566773 Can anyone let me know how we can get rid of this?

• Ms
      13th of Jan, 2010

I am an Airtel subscriber, I also got similar call from a number: +923024289657 on 13th Jan saying that I have won a lottery from Dish TV. Can anyone help identifying who is calling.

• At
      21st of Jan, 2010

am an Airtel subscriber, I also got similar call from a number: +923448883708. Please suggest

• Ra
      14th of Feb, 2010

I too got this type of missed call from +923472119670 on Feb 10 2010, please suggest

19th of Apr, 2010

hi, i am an airtel user and i have also received a similar type of missed call from the number +923477474156 on april 19 2010 i wasnt aware dat dis num is of whom so i called back from my reliance num, some one picked and disconnected, denmy friend told me dat dis num is of pakistan. m really scared dat wat type of call was dat actually?

• Ar
      20th of Apr, 2010

Hi Dear, I buy a Etisalat Sim with modem on 15.09.2009. but modem is not working properly. many time i go customer care and they cheek. they told me we change it but now stock unavailable. until not give me change

• Ni
      2nd of May, 2010

hi, i also got call today early morning, i was sleeping so i called back and someone named raj said i hv won a gift from airtel for 25 lacs. i asked who is he and how he can confirm this - so he disconected. Number is 12 digits and looks from pakistan. +923472270424
    how can airtel allow something like this...

• Iq
      21st of May, 2010

i too recieved a call from same no with a person telling me that i have won 25 lacs but i disconnected the phone

• Ge
      23rd of May, 2010

Dis is scary as well as disappointing. I m an airtel user n also got a call from pakistan wid the number +923324224880 though i was busy n didn't pick up. The common link which i could see is "AIRTEL". Can any one from airtel tel us wat the hell dis is happening!

• Gr
      24th of May, 2010

I got a missed call frm +923476433056 +923476433056 this no. when i called back that person told me you won 25lakhs lottry and he give me his boss no. 00923468700026 00923468700026 (Rahul Malhotra) now tell me, in pakistan there is Indian in heigher level its possible... Rubish...

• Gk
      25th of May, 2010

my name gopal and i also got miss call from +923477185475 this morning 25.05.2010 but can't understand from where this type of calls are comming if someboady help me kindly mail me [email protected]

• Pu
      29th of May, 2010

I too got this type of missed call from +923434142483 on may 30, 2010

• Fg
      5th of Jun, 2010

Hi
    Iam recieving call from +923315992945 on 5th june 2010 at 4.50pm.I Found that this number is from pakistan.

• Ra
      15th of Jun, 2010

Hi all, This is Rahul from India. I have just recieved a missed call (at around 12:15 IST), while I was talking to my wife. The number flashed was +92 3477671494. It was only when I googled, I found this forum and also the plot and ploy of some evil-minded people based probably in Pakistan. May god grant some wisdom and may god save Pakistan.

16th of Jun, 2010

Even i got a call today on my Airtel no from 000923436665537. that i have won 25 Lakhs. this no is from Sharjah.. a guy name Harish kumar picks up the call and tell you to tell him your bank account. PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT. THIS IS A FAKE CALL

BEWARE PLEASE...