Having problems with NPower?

+44 800 073 3000 (Customer Service)
+44 330 100 3000 (Customer Service)
+44 330 100 8634 (Electricity & Gas Tariffs)
+44 330 100 8620 (Energy Efficiency)
+44 800 316 9328 (Complaints)
+44 330 100 8658 (Moving Home)
+44 800 980 9907 (Smart Meters)
+44 808 156 0056 (Switching To NPower)
+44 330 100 8633 (Bereavement Team)
+44 330 100 8601 (Online Account)
PO Box 210
Sat8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

no payment of batch a

We wish to officially complain of non-payment of monthly take-home pay.
We were selected and posted to our lgea primary school on the month of Nov/2016 and we collect our posted letter on 1st March 2017, we reported immediately as instructed by the lgea primary school education secretary and we are verify; all the verification that took place in the state we are there for verify, we complaint severally without success, when we called n-power support call centre, they said they are working on it, even the last verification that took place on 15-17 december, 2018 at ministry for local government and chieftaincy affair lafia they collect our bvn validation portal and national identification number slip (nin) all middle belt. we are there. we've our attestation letter giving to us by our head teacher. therefore we have no other option than to formally lodge these complain to you for action please.
thank's immensely for your co-operation
we remain
yours faithfully

s/n Posted s/n Names State Lga of origin Lga of residence e-mail School Phone number
1 2367 Madaki ovye Nasarawa Nasarawa eggon Akwanga [protected]@gmail.com
Lgea primary school akwanga south, akwanga lgc [protected]
2 3800 Maiwada kigbu haruna Nasarawa Karu Karu Maiwada [protected]@gmail.com Lgea primary school saka lgea kura lgc [protected]
3 5433 Ossan Samuel anzole Nasarawa Lafia Lafia [protected]@yahoo.com
Lgea science pilot primary school kwandera lafia, lafia lgc [protected]
4 3466 Abubakar musa Nasarawa lafia Lafia [protected]@yahoo.com
Lgea wajen lalle primary school lafia, lafia lgc [protected]
5 Ambrose Thomas buter Cross river Obudu Lafia [protected]@gmail.com
Lgea buka allu primary school lafia, lafia lgc [protected]

no payment of batch a

harassment for someone else's bill

After moving in, I received a visit from collections for my predecessor's alleged bill. The man who attended broke his code on several counts and committed aggravated trespass. He caused ongoing distress and anger, and I've been strict about callers since.

Npower were asked to give the name and the collections company they used. They were advised they were about to be subject to action.

Staff pretended not to understand. Was I a business? What was my account number? They wanted me to furnish them with information they never had. I was never nor shall be their customer.

Third parties should not be harassed by debt collectors, who wish to make a living from extracting money. We too often hear that people pay wrongful 'debts' out of fear. Npower needs to be made accountable.

pricing scam

I have been completely ripped off by Npower this year.

Overall I am paying more than double what neighbouring flats/appartments pay. This is due to their "sculpted" gas scheme whereby they encourage you to use as much gas as possible and reward you with a cheaper bill (which is inevitably catastrophic for the environment). If you are are careful with your usage, as I am, in my case as an attempt to save money and the environment, then you are punished with ridiculously large bills. This long and cold winter in which I have used as little gas as possible has left me not only freezing cold but completely penniless. The Npower staff were completely unsympathetic and made absolutely no effort to resolve this situation or come to a compromise.

Avoid Npower at all costs!

• Kw
    k wilkins Feb 25, 2010

I signed up for a dual fuel deal which would give me £100 back at the end of the year, but npower totally messed it up and they took they details of my neighbour's meter and kept asking me to pay for it. After complaining for a year, I was so fed up and agreed to settle with a £100 cheque and move to somewhere else although I was paying a lot more than what's written on the signed contract. Mr.David Wright at customer service agreed to confim this in writing, but I never received it. I'm still complaining after the conversation with Mr. Wright 4 motnhs ago, and they keep sending me threatening letters for legal proceedings etc.

Npower is the worst company I've ever seen. Avoid.

• Co
    Columbo1 Apr 10, 2010

We have just received a bill from NPower for £790 for a quarter. We live in a small one bedroom flat not NASA HQ. In our previous flat our average monthly bill was around £50 (with eon). Not a chance in hell i'm paying this!

• Ca
    cazb Jun 03, 2016

I queried my bill in July as it was for the wrong meter, l was told that there would an investigation to see which was the correct meter for the flat l rent. I was told on the 25th July that this could take up to 90 days to resolve. On Saturday 7th Dec. I received two bills in the same envelope, when l queried these lbwas told that it was still under investigation and should be resolved this week and to ignore the bills as they should not have been sent as it was still under query. I had numerous reminders and a letter saying l would be cut off if l did not pay, when l threatened to go to a solicitor l received a letter saying l would not get any correspondence till the investigation was complete. Once this is done and l have paid the bill l will be moving my account. Regards CPBuckley

billing

Npower are silmply useless, DO NOT SWITCH to them, they will lie and tell you things are being done and they clearly have not. Their staff need further training as they do not know their job.

I say give their jobs to the millions of unemployed people.

They did not bill me for 6 months then sent me a nasty letter saying pay up or else i will be taken to court in 7 days.

Not only had they not sent me bills but when they did it was wrong.

What a shambles of a company.

i am glad i LEFT them.

electric bills

Before we switched to npower, we used to pay Ninety six pounds a month.
Npower brought us the bill of Three Thousend, Eight Hundred and Sixty Three Pounds and seventeen Pence for the first Three months. We have complained to them but to no avail.
Without responding to our complaint, they have sent us another bill of over Three Thousend pounds without any regards to our complaint and we do not know who to turn to for redress.

• Fa
    Farmerboy Apr 20, 2010

I was fobbed off with verbal promises of cheap electricity rates, only to have them denied after the deadline has expired, and find that I have been locked into a 2 year contract at 40% more that other companies, and there is nothing it appears that I can do about it.

Why are these people allowed to profiteer on the backs of innocent people, they must all pay the same to their suppliers.

Why too do they advertise on the television? It's not that their power is any better than anybody elses or lasts longer. All they can offer is based on price, except for those unfortunate s**s who have already been stitched up!

payment

having checked my online banking on the 1/12/ 08
i noticed that npower, had taken 300.00 pound without so much has a letter, email or phone call to advised me off this
has it is 3wks before xmas, and i have 3 children to provide for, i cant see this being fair at all
has we all no there is a credit crunch going on at the moment, and they still do this to us
i would like the money trasferd to back to my bank, and then i can sort payments out to pay back any amount outstanding on my account
thank you a very unhappy customer m stoiles

wrong meter fitting

I am writing to complain about a key meter fitted by npower to pay off the previous tenants electricity bill...

npower deceived me

I am writing to complain and reveal about unfair marketing of 'npower'. One day, one of 'npower's staff visited to my house on April. At that time, I said I didn't want to change my supplier too many times., However, your staff kept explaining their service is cheaper than my exist supplier. Therefore, I asked him 'Just give me a quotation if you want'. That was all. He asked too many things to me. So just I answered my basic details. I refused to say my account number even I didn't say my name. After a while, I heard from my supplier, if I said my date of birth, it can be used as a password for changing any thing. Hater that, unfortunately, I received a letter from them on 05/05/07. I was really unhappy, and I phoned and explained very clearly I didn't want to change my supplier. But they sent an invoice. I am sure it was illegal. When he asked to sign on the paper, I asked the reason why I have to sign here. He said it was no contract document just for recording for his visiting. I have a witness. My son sat next to me at the time. Normally, I have paid around 70 every month for gas and electricity to my supplier. And also, whole my family had a trip more than one month from 17/07/07 to 24/08/07. However, they charged to me. And now Collection Company started to send a threatened letter. I am really disappointing them. They don't mind customer's feeling and they don't have moral. I was going to pay just when then charge me reasonable amount. I sent letters 4 times to them but what they have done was just keeping saying I have to pay. I do not want the other customers to be victims like me and I would like to reveal their wrong behaviors. Thank you for your attention.

• Np
    npowerhater Jul 10, 2008

well i thought the full point off a key and gas meter was not to get a bill and now surprise surprise i get told i have a bill
    THIS IS A WARNING TO ALL NPOWER CUSTOMERS AND PEOPLE WHO LOOKING AT CHANGING TO NPOWER DO NOT DO IT WHATEVER THEY SAY.
    they say they the cheapest around but i can tell you they dont and if they have they sales(harrasment) team in the town centre or city centre even in shopping centres, bypass them like they got the plaguei was with npower all off 1 month now ive got a key meter and gas meter and now i get a fone call from they debt collecting team saying i owe them money, now i was with them 1 month and they reckon i owe them 3 months gas.
    they say they the cheapest around but i can tell you they dont and if they have they sales(harrasment) team in the town centre or city centre even in shopping centres, bypass them like they got the plague.

• Bi
    Bilbomills Dec 27, 2013

Npower are one of the most corrupt, lieing company's I've ever dealt with. They blatantly lie to you when you phone with a complaint and the staff have no power to change anything in your favour.

• Bi
    Bilbomills Dec 27, 2013

DO NOT go with this company, you WILL regret it if you do. Liars and extortionists

• Lc
    l cameron Jun 28, 2014

Despite requesting tar riff check, review of my payments and account check so I can make sure I am on the correct tar riff, my requests have been fobbed of with noreply generated emails Im disabled and a cancer patient, living on benefits Can someone please advise me how to get through to this company?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices