Etisalat Al Shamil Internet / Non Availability of Connection

United Arab Emirates Review updated:
I am a new subscriber of AL Shamil Network. I applied on 3rd Sept 20o8 and on 4th or 5th I got a call saying that the technician would be visiting me. The technician came on 6th and installed te modem and the network was available till Sunday the next day till 11 am after which it dissapeared.

They have a customer care no 101 which is of no use to the customers because they are unable to solve anything. Their system shows that the tecnician has been handed the modem and is not updated. They say my account is not activated.

Etisalat as someone had complained has a monoply and one has no choice but to wait.
Ba

Comments

An
  7th of Nov, 2008
Yea your absolutely rite.. mine was the same procedure, the net was there for a day and now there is either no connectivity or limited connection. i called 101 and they said me to wait for 2 days and the problem would be solved. but no action has been taken.. and today none of them is picking up the phone..

keep waiting..
Sa
  13th of Nov, 2008
I live in a flat sharing with another family. I applied for Internet connection and after around 10 days the technician visited my house. He checked the premises and told that some kind of socket is not avialable. He told me to arrange the socket and left. On contacting the Watchman I learnt that it is not possible. I contacted at 101 and came to know that nothing can be done without the socket getting installed. I do not know where to go now.
Ge
  30th of Nov, 2008
I booked for a Al shamil Connection on 25th October . They told me you will get the connection in two days . Inspite of numerous calls to 101 there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel. Customer service agent at the call centre keeps telling that my complaint is forwarded to the service department who is looking into the matter where there is no socket available in the area -Sharjah -Buaahira Corniche, but till now no further developments. Is there lot of people like me? Or is it just my bad luck . I have asked for wireless modem 256 kbs connection . Can i change my plan to any other so that i get connection faster. Pls help

Etisalat Logo Etisalat