Etihad Airways / flight delayed over 24 hours due to insufficient fuel for flight
I had the misfortune to fly Etihad airways on the 29/01/09 to Kuala Lumpur from London Heathrow. The flight started well as we were on time and the aircraft was very modern. However we had insufficient fuel to reach Abu Dhabi so we were diverted to Al Ain approx 40 minutes flight away. After being held onboard for about 4 hours we were told to disembark and wait in the lounge- no refreshments were provided. We kept being promised a take off was imminent, as per videos on youtube see etihadflight for details. Come 8 am we were told to go back on the aircraft where basic refreshments were provided, refueling was done and we arrived in Abu Dhabi that afternoon about 12 hours late. The staff were useless and didnt know what was happening/ didnt care. We missed our onward connecting flight and were told our new onward flight would leave the following morning over 24 hours delay with appalling service and 1 proper meal. I would never fly Etihad again, their customer service department doesn't want to know.
More Etihad Airways Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - booking cancelled not refunded 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airlines - double charging! 
- Etihad Airways - non vegetarian meal served against vegetarian meal 
- Etihad Airlines - flight cancellation 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - poor service during flight diversion 
- Etihad Airways - visa online service
- Etihad Airways - reimbursement of my 100 usd or 11380 jyp.
- Etihad Airways - damaged baggage, no response
- Etihad Airways - etihad # uwbqfs. refused to board on flight although reached at counter 1:45 hrs earlier
- Etihad Flight - service