Etihad Airways / flight delayed over 24 hours due to insufficient fuel for flight

Etihad Airways
I had the misfortune to fly Etihad airways on the 29/01/09 to Kuala Lumpur from London Heathrow. The flight started well as we were on time and the aircraft was very modern. However we had insufficient fuel to reach Abu Dhabi so we were diverted to Al Ain approx 40 minutes flight away. After being held onboard for about 4 hours we were told to disembark and wait in the lounge- no refreshments were provided. We kept being promised a take off was imminent, as per videos on youtube see etihadflight for details. Come 8 am we were told to go back on the aircraft where basic refreshments were provided, refueling was done and we arrived in Abu Dhabi that afternoon about 12 hours late. The staff were useless and didnt know what was happening/ didnt care. We missed our onward connecting flight and were told our new onward flight would leave the following morning over 24 hours delay with appalling service and 1 proper meal. I would never fly Etihad again, their customer service department doesn't want to know.

N  25th of Feb, 2011 by
I was on a flight that day also that was delayed due to fog closing the runway at Abu Dhabi.
Our plane wasn't carrying enough fuel to circle Abu Dhabi for 12 hours which is completely understandable and so it diverted to Al Ain. We sat on the ground there for what seemed like an age before returning to Abu Dhabi. I too was disrupted in getting back to London but it wasn't the airlines fault. I was taken care of by Etihad with hotel and meal costs. Inconvenient yes but not the airlines fault. I saw your youtube videos and I thought your "video evidence of the delay" in order to try and wangle an upgrade was laughable to the point it was almost embarassing.

Etihad Airways Logo Etihad Airways