Complaints & Reviews

Insurance coverage

Four of us made a down payment of $500 per person for a river cruise on the snake river scheduled to leave in early october of this year with the american queen steamboat company. Unfortunately one of us, my friend, developed thyroid cancer and in april had her thyroid removed. She is now waiting for an iodine treatment. She will not be permitted to be around any other person for at least a week after her treatment. She has not been scheduled for her treatment as of this date. Our final payment was due on may 18th, not knowing when she'd have her treatment, we did not make our final payment and cancelled our reservation. Her physician stated "at this point there is an increased risk to her health by going on a cruise" in the letter that was sent to allianz.

Allianz denied our claim because she was advised not to travel because of the coronavirus, even though the reason is really due to her cancer and cancer treatment.

Your company was extremely helpful in the past when I had an issue with viking. After numerous calls on my part I was getting no where and once your company got involved a resolution was made in a very timely manner. We are hoping you can help us with this current situaton.

Flight insurance

I bought my mother a round trip ticket from California to South Carolina. She is unable to travel. I bought insurance on this ticket. I'm told by Delta that this ticket is nonrefundable. I understand this... My mother will never use this ticket. Am I just screwed out of almost $600? I need to use this ticket, but with a different traveler. Can someone please help me fix this issue? I am absolutely shocked that my $600 ticket is useless now!
Hazel Archer
[protected]
[protected]@gmail.com

travel insurance

In February of this year I booked a round trip flight from Albany, NY to Atlanta, GA and purchased travel...

car insuranse issue

I have full insurance on a car leased from the bank. almost paying the minimum salary of this country for my...

mobile phone warranty claim

Order number: [protected]
Date 21/05/2019
Store - Godphone store

Allianz Warranty claim number: X000025472

Claim submitted on 18/11/2019 then again on 06/12/2019, I am advised to retrun my phone for repair (70% chance of repair) or replacement. I am advided that It is not possible to repair and offered a gold phone, which I reject. I am then told that I may have a Xiaomi or wait 30 days for a Grey one such as I purchased. I advise that 30 days is unreasonable and that I could have one from UK in a matter of afew days, or a week or so from the original Chonese Store "Godphone", I even offer t0o purchase the replacement myself and send them the invoice, they reject this and do nothing until I ask for progress on 2nd January only to be told contradictory information,

"Dear client,
Unfortunately, we did not receive any update on the stock availability for the model you requested HTC One M10 in Gray.

The 2 below proposals are the ones that we can provide you.

Once we will have your approval about the replacement device you would like to receive, we will analyze it and give you a solution."

I do not understand this reply as on 13/12 at 15:46 I was told this :

"Dear client,

Please be informed that the refund is not granted by the warranty contract.

Unfortunately, we do not have on stock the device HTC One M10 in Gray."

I have waited enough time and I am totally dissatisfied with the Allianz warranty process, I therefore require a full refund for my purchase, Allianz have the broken mobile phone. Sp please arrange a full refund for the purchase as soon as possible.

I am sending a copy to Allianz Global Assistance.

I am a very dissapointed customer and as it stands at present I am unlikley to ever again purchase from AliExpress.

Ross Hendry

partial payment of claim

We had planned a trip to Hawaii starting on July 19, 2017, with a 3 day stay at Turtle Bay in Oahu. On July...

Won't ever buy their insurance again

So sad our vacation started from a bad experience with Allianz Global Assistance. We lost one day because of...

Scam, ripoffs

April, 24, 2017 claim of refund denial Hi my name is Sandzhar Khamidov, I filed a claim to get my money back...

They are too greedy. Don't use their services

Guys, don’t waste money on the insurance, which the company Allianz Global Insurance offers you. I have...

No refund

My wife and I had the trip on Easter. We bought insurance from the website www.allianztravelinsurance.com. But unfortunately we didn’t finish our trip and returned home earlier. After several days, I looked at the insurance and found out that they wouldn’t return money, because their policy was really strange and it was mentioned that no refund would be provided because of personal problems. I placed the complaint form on the website, but it was unsuccessful. I don’t recommend this website and post your comments.

Airline Insurance Ripoff

Purchased airline cancellation insurance from these guys. When my wife was hospitalized for a mental heath issued we filed a claim along with a doctor's letter. Allianz Global Assistance denied our claim stating there was a clause in the policy excluding mental health issues. Allianz Global Assistance is a rippoff!

Sarah,HelpTeam Feb 15, 2013

Dear Pfergy,
    Thank you for taking the time to post. I am very sorry that that the policy you purchased did not provide coverage for your particular circumstance. We strive to make our plan benefits and conditions clear at the time of purchase and offer a 10-day free look so you can review the policy details. If you have further questions about the outcome of your claim, or would like someone to walk you through the policy you purchased in full detail, please don’t hesitate to call our customer service line at 1-800-284-8300.

Sarah, Allianz Global Assistance HelpTeam

Misleading Insurance

I purchased travel insurance offered by Hot Wire through Allianz Travel Insurance and today woke up with a sever head cold. Upon calling Allianz they informed me that I would have to provide a doctor's note to seek reimbursement for my hotel which I booked through Hot Wire.
The cost of the room was $95 and the cost of my time and the doctor will most probably exceed the cost of the room.
After explaining this to me the lady simply apologized and offered to send me the claim info if desired.
After this experience I would highly recommend using a service where you know the hotel / resort up front and get a refundable reservation. Hot Wire's business model seems fundamentally flawed and I am going to recommend not useing Hot Wire to my friends, aquaintances and clients in the future.

• Ac
    Access America Help Team Oct 11, 2012

Hi, Scot –

Jackie from the Help Team here. We’re sorry to hear that you fell ill and had to cancel your trip. We’re sorry if you feel that the claims process is extensive, but we do need the specified documentation in order to properly investigate your claim. By paying only legitimate claims, we are able to keep prices low for you and our other customers.

Jackie, Allianz Travel Insurance’s Help Team

Scam, Ripoff, Untrustworthy, Do NOT purchase

Purchased this insurance through Orbitz. My flight was canceled and all flights to IAD were grounded for 9 hours. They rescheduled flight was two days later and would never actually allow me to reach my destination. I filed a claim with Allianz and immediatley spoke to the first of several rude and unhelpful staff members. They explained in order to get a refund the flights would have to be canceled for 24 hours due to natural disasters etc. I never heard back regarding my claim, and a week later (today) I called only to speak to more nasty reps to tell me my claim had been denied because there was no major storm, tsunami, black hole and so on. If you do decide to book through Orbitz or ever encounter this worthless company, STEER CLEAR! They are a classic example of a insurance scam and care not for their customers.

• Or
    Orbitz Jul 05, 2012

Hi IgotscammedbyAllianzAssistance,

My name is Samantha, and I am part of the Orbitz Customer Relations Team. We want to learn more about your experience so that we can address the issue. Please email us at [email protected] and enter my name in the subject line, so that I can investigate further.

Thank you for your patience, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

Samantha
    Orbitz Customer Relations
    Chicago, IL

• Ac
    Access America Help Team Jul 06, 2012

Hello,

Jackie from the Help Team here. We're sorry you're frustrated. Further, we apologize that we were unable to provide you with coverage in your situation. Should you wish to further discuss the policy you purchased or the outcome of your claim, please call our customer service line at 1-800-419-8016.

Jackie, Help Team

• Ro
    Ronald David Jan 30, 2013

If you need med assist, you talk to a nurse in Canada.
    They do not know or understand the american way of health care and are unable to help or understand.

Worthless Insurance

My wife and daughter had planned a trip to visit my recently widowed sister-in-law in Minnesota. My...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices