[Resolved] Ethan Allen / Leather... or Plastic?

Stillwater, MN, United States

I used to be a very loyal Ethan Allen customer, but their product quality and service has deteriorated to the point I won't spend another dime with them. The last item I purchased was a leather sofa. Their later brochure touts, "Ethan Allen leather gets more beautiful with time." In reality, I'm pretty certain the "leather" sofa I purchased isn't even leather. It has a flaky, wrinkly look to it, and when scratched, a white plasticy material shows through the "leather." (It is unlike any other leather I own or have experienced.) It looks and feels like plastic. Customer service was unresponsive unless consistently contacted and after weeks or proving, finally stated that there wasn't an issue with the leather. Their quality, and service, has deteriorated and they don't stand behind their products. I shopped at Ethan Allen because I wanted a quality product. What I got was junk.

Ethan Allen
Ethan Allen

• Resolution statement

• Ethan Allen Customer Care's Response, Dec 15, 2015

My name is Paula and I work in The Client Service department at Ethan Allen. We would like to hear more about your experience. Would you please email us at [protected]@ethanalleninc.com so that we can look into this? Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.

Re