Enterprise Rent A Car / charges

I rented a car 09/04/07 and returned the same day. The only outside damage was a mark on the front. I always look in the trunk and around it. When I returned the car ; the rep comes out of his mouth : I got to take your deductible. I said you are crazy. He found a less than 2 inch crack under the town car's bumper. Mind you I had just raised my ded to 500.00 and have used them for ever with no problems. They stole my money within 1 day. I got a bill for the balance of 677.90 and a picture of a bumper that was half eaten off. I have emailed; called cust. service and they pass it on. The corporate cust service [protected]) was to have a vp call me. I got the reg. manager who sucked liked the others. I just want my money back or this gone. I told Bret at [protected] if they would keep the 500.00 and erase the balance I would never bother enterprise anymore and hope they won't bother me. His response I can't do that. My response you know who could and he said yes he does, but he doubts they will negoitate with me. What kind of business is this. I also asked did anyone talk to the rep Nick. He said no. Nick had his own agenda that morn with another (female) coworker and this is in the emails and letters I have sent and no one is??? him. But you are trying to get more money from me. I am now trying to get in touch with a lawyer. Why pay for something you didn't do. How did the crack under less than 2 inches becaome an outside foot long? Thanks for being there I just needed to vent again.

Comments

• Rh
      30th of Oct, 2007

This just happened to me in NJ... if you look at [redacted].COM you will see all of the people who have been ripped off by Enterprise Rent a Car $400 DENT SCAM... they will send your bill to a collection agency... I have two journalist who are interested in doing an investigative report on this SCAM and their Ruthless practices... you should contact every news outlet... and EXPOSE THEM we should all band together and file a class action lawsuit...

• De
      29th of Feb, 2008

I rented a truck from Enterprise in Texas it was checked out before and when I returned it we did have a flat tire. The Employee checked me in and everything was signed off as good. 3 to 4 days later I get a call from Enterprise stating that the tires were all damaged and we had to pay for all new tires around the truck. I said how can you call 3 to 4 days later after it was signed off as good and try to charge me for tires around the vehicle, he said that he could do it and sent me a bill for 526.54 to be paid by me. I am refusing to pay this bill because I did the walk around with them and they did sign off on the contract and neither the Employee or I did'nt see any damage to the tires at that point. I don't understand how they can all of a sudden deceide that the vehicle tires were all damaged when I did have a flat tire upon delivering the vehicle back to them and their Employee did look at the others and never stated to me that they were damaged while I was standing there. They did say not to worry about the flat tire that thats normal wear an tear. Does it take 3 to 4 days later to decide that they were all damaged. I thought that the whole reason that you do a walk around is for each the customer and the employee to agree to the condition of vehicle was acceptable upon the return.

• Ro
      16th of Jul, 2008

WHILE MY CAR WAS BEING REPAIRED..THE WARRANTY CO. ALLOWED ME 10 DAYS RENTAL AT $30.00 A DAY...I EXPLAINED THAT I DID NOT WANT TO HAVE TO PAY ANY EXTRA...GIVE ME A CAR FOR NO MORE THAN THE $30.00...THEY NEVER TOLD ME I HAD TO PAY $4.OO A DAY FOR TAXES...IF THEY HAD I WOULD HAVE TOLD THEM TO GIVE ME A CHEAPER CAR SO I WOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING. ALSO THE CAR THEY GAVE ME HAD NOT BEEN CLEANED...IT WAS FILTHY.
    I PICKED UP THE CAR 6/9 AT 3:00 P.M ..I RETURNED THE CAR 10 DAYS LATER ON THE 19th EARLY IN THE DAY SO THERE WOULD BE NO EXTRA DAY CHARGE...NOW I GET A BILL FOR $80.64 ...I CALLED THEM AND THEY SAID I KEPT THE CAR 11 DAYS AND EXPLAINED A CALENDER DAY...WHICH I WAS NOT AWARE OF
    THE GIRL SAID IT WAS ON THE CONTRACT WHICH I TOLD HER I DIDN'T READ BECAUSE I TRUSTED WHAT SHE TOLD ME.
    ALSO SHE OFFERED ME A INSURANCE BY SAING IT'S ONLY $17.00 SHE NEVER SAID IT WAS PER DAY ...SHE LED ME TO BELIEVE THAT IT WAS A ONE TIME FEE...I LEFT AND THOUGHT ABOUT IT AND DECIDED TO GO BACK TO BE SURE IT WASN'T PER DAY...SHE SAID YES IT WAS PER DAY SO I SAID I DO NOT WANT IT...IT WAS TAKEN OFF THE BILL...I TOLD HER THAT SHE SHOULD MAKE IT CLEAR THAT THE INSURANCE IS PER DAY...SHE SAID SHE DID SAY PER DAY...SHE IS A LIAR..WATCH OUT FOR THEIR TRICKS...THEY TRY TO TRICK PEOPLE WITH THEIR BIG WORDS AND LEAVING OUT IMPORTANT INFORMATION SO THEY CAN COLLECT MORE MONEY.

• Yf
      22nd of Apr, 2009
    Enterprise Rent-A-Car - Charges
    Enterprise Rent-A-Car
    Southampton
    New York
    Phone: 631-283-0055

I rented a car for two days (April 16-18) from Enterprise and because I'm 19 years old I was charged an underage drivers fee. The total came out to $467.00. We agreed that I would pay the $67.00 in cash, and the rest would be charged to my credit card. Before I was going to take the car out, I decided to pay for the gas in the car already so that I wouldn't have to worry about refueling it later. So, they charged $15 to my debit card. Imagine my surprise, when this morning, April 22, I wake up to find my DEBIT CARD charged for $400!

These guys are scam artists! Now I'm overdrawn and HOPING they will do the right thing and refund my money!

• Go
      10th of Feb, 2010

ENTERPRISE RENT A CAR SCAM as of January 2010:
    Enterprise Rent A Car---Florida has apparently entered into a secret deal with SUNPass and the Toll Road Authorities so that Enterprise can now POST CHARGE their customers for alleged Toll violations on "malfunctioning" Transponders that go through toll booths. Enterprise, which is now acting as the Gestapo Road Police, is quick and happy to charge its customers an "Administration Fee" of at least $10.00 per alleged infraction/violation. Enterprise says "we will remove the Post Charges if you can send us proof that your transponder was malfunctioning. Enterprise knows FULL WELL that this would be quite time consuming, and that 90% of the people will not spend the time for a simple $10 or $20 refund. It's a known fact that many of Florida's Toll machines continue to malfunction, as do their transponders. SO, good bye Enterprise, hello their competition !! This change in loyalty will also be directed to all of my employees as well.

• Tr
      29th of May, 2010

Enterprise does a good job and provides good customer service. I have dealt with them for a long time and they are always fair.

• Gu
      8th of Jul, 2010

Enterprise are suckers, they have scammed me by filing a claim that I had damaged their rental car. This car was rented to me as a part of my accident rental by an Insurance company. When I returned the car, they had no employee on the premises to do the walk-around and I had to give the keys back to the receptionist. 15 days later received a call from Insurance company about the "damage". I am absolutely disgusted and will never rent a car with them again, will inform media about their illegal practice & scams. I see thousands of blogs abouth them online about $500 damage scamming.

• Du
      19th of Jul, 2010

It just happened to my father again. This Enterprise scam is really got on my nerves. Wishing there is some lawsuit to stop these con artists. WILL NEVER RENT A CAR WITH ENTERPRISE. Hope they will go out of business soon.

• Mi
      13th of Sep, 2010

My wife and I went to the Enterprise branch office in Athens, Ohio where the staff there were not helpful, rude and service was not good. We won't go there for the service again.

1) On Sept. 13 2010, when my wife whispered with me privately in dialect, the staff was rude and said that she didn't speak the dialect but only English.
    2) The staff, when returning our car, told us the company policies that were not told to us when we rent the car. But the staff said that rules are rules and she had to follow up the rules. It was like that they knew the rules, didn't tell customer when renting a car, but charged the customers using the rules when returning the car.
    3) we rent the car for 2 weeks. When we returned the car at 7pm of Friday, the office was closed due to weekend and the office would be open at 8am of next Monday morning. When we returned the car, we were told that we were charged with 3 additional days' rental, because of the office closure during weekend, even when a customer returned the car during weekend by slipping the car key to the office box. That's the company's policy. -- for this policy, we didn't complain about the staff though their service was bad.
    4) when we asked for talking with the manager, we were given a phone number to call. When we dialed the number, we were told that the phone number is not in use anymore.

The policy was set in such a way that no matter when a customer returns a car during weekend, the customer will be charged by 3 additional days' rental fees, even though the customer didn't drive the car at all. --- this is the Enterprise policy that exploits customer.
    A piece of suggestion to other customers: if you have a choice, don't rent car from Enterprise.
    Michael

• Ly
      5th of Jul, 2011

I rent from Enterprise fairly often and have always been happy with the cars, the staff at the local Enterprise store and the pricing. I rented over the weekend of July 1st, returning it on the 5th. As always the car was marvelous, the staff friendly and helpful. I was surprised when I returned it though, to be told that my entire deposit of $300.00 had been used and I owed $24.34 more. That was unexpected, as by my calculations no more than $230 to $260 dollars should have been used. Certainly $300.00 as compared to the $167.77 that was on my confirmation of order is a big difference. Please understand that I am not disappointed with the rental and if the charges were correct I have no problem with them, but it seems odd to me.

• Li
      8th of Aug, 2011

I rented a car from Enterprise in Sacramento, CA on Arden Way b/c my car is in the shop, getting work done on it. Their driver picked me up from the body shop in a red Chevy HHR. Enterprise gave me a Chevy Cobalt, which doesn't even compare ONE BIT to my personal car. I made it clear to the lady, Rachel, that I was not going to be driving that piece of crap car around. She then turns around, and asks me to take the car for now, and bring it back at the end of the day for a larger and different vehicle. She then stated that she'd give me the red HHR that I had been picked up in, but because the car needs "maintenance" before letting it leave their shop. Less than an hour later, I get a call from Enterprise. They said the red HHR was ready for me to pick up. Thinking to myself "wow, I've worked in the car business industry before, and that was some quck maintenance!!!" Anyhow, the HHR was better than the Cobalt. I get there to pick up the HHR, it's a totally different rep, he takes me outside, does a quick walk around on this HHR, and I was able to point out all the dings, scuffs, and marks on the BODY of the car. I'm 4'11, therefore, I am unable to see the top of this mini SUV. The guy who does this walk around with me doesn't even bother to mention it to me either. I take this car, the next morning, I get up and go to work, I have a flat tire. I put air in it. The next day, same thing happens, and that continues on for the next 5 days that I have this piece of POOP car. I finally call them and asked them to bring a car to me, as I will be at work during their business hours. Their response "I've had two people call off today, I'm short handed bring the car elsewhere b/c :we dont have any car on our lot." (this was at 7:31 am Tuesday morning; they open at 7:30 am how can they possibly already not have any cars for me???) I let it go obviously, it's not worth my time to disagree with these low lives, who work off of commission at Enterprise Rent A Car. I brought the Red HHR to their branch in Roseville, CA, on Sunrise BLVD. I get in, there are two employees sitting there, the guy comes up to help me, while the dumb gal sits in her $7.00 office chair and talks on the company phone with her friends. The guy and I go outside, do our walk around, he thanks me for replenishing the gasoline, asks for the pink carbon copy, they provided me with a week ago. I handed that to the guy. He looks at it, takes me back inside into their dinky little office, prints up this cheapy car thing (that they use so they can mark up all the dings and track the gasoline) on a standard white 8.5x11 in paper. He walks me out the new vehicle they're about to provide me with. We walk up to a WHITE HHR. Same everything, just different colors!! I can care less though, at least, I now know I will NEVER purchase a Chevy. We do the walk around, and he sends me away. As I drive away, I see the idiot gal and the guy that just help me, out on the parking lot, looking at the red HHR that I just dropped off. I stopped to let the two cross the lot to get back into their "office." They both crossed and smiled as I drop off. I go to turn on the AC, one of the vent is broken. "Whatever" is what I said. I also, let that go, although it was 100 degrees out that day. 3 days after dropping that red HHR off, I receive a letter in the mail from Enterprises' Damaage something. They stated that I had put a dent on the roof of the car. "WTF" is what I said. For one, the walk around that was done at the first Enterprise, all we looked at was the body, no one mentioned anything about the "roof" of this car! Secondly, when I went to drop off this car over at the other Enterprise, it was not EVER brought to my attention that there had been any kind of damage on this car! And 3rd, I'm 4'11!!! SERIOUSLY?!?! How could I have possibly even looked at the top of this poopy car and document that crap!?!?!? (well, they figured they can try and scam the short Asian girl I guess!) As of right now, I can't even stand to communicate with idiots from Enterprise anymore! Once my car comes out from the bodyshop, Enterprise will have to pick their crap ar up from that bodyshop! I called my bank today and had them cancel my car b/c of fraudulent charges from Enterprise! NEVER AGAIN WILL I RENT FROM THEM! EFF YOU ENTERPRISE!