[Resolved] Enterprise Holdings / car rental

First let me say, I have been a loyal Enterprise customer and have been impressed by my experience in the past.in fact, it was such an excellent customer experience, I chose the location on Colfax. It's to bad the new management did not live up to the standard of previous management.

In September my family let me know they'd be coming to town for Thanksgiving to snowboard. I immediately booked a rental car specifying the need to rent the Suburban I'd rented before. I specified this need in the notes and reiterated it again when I spoke to the agent to confirm my reservation.

On Monday, Nov. 20 I went to the Colfax location to pick up the Suburban. I was shocked to learn I'd been issued a Ford Explorer. When the new manager walked me out to the car I expressed dismay. I restated the fact I had six family members and all of their snowboarding gear to take up the mountain which was why I requested the Suburban I'd rented in the past and reiterated during my confirmation call. He said I wasn't guaranteed the Suburban, but he could call around to see if any other location had one. While this may sound helpful it was not. I had to pick people up from the airport. I didn't have time for him to "call around."

As you can imagine six people and their gear did not fit! I had to switch my gear reservation to picking up at the mountain, which included an additional charge and even picking up at the resort didn't help because at the end of the day, all the people have to load up with their equipment. This was not a pleasant experience.

In addition, the windshield wipers were substandard and caused muddy streaks across the windshield. I had to get out of the car, take paper towels and clean the windows. Not an optimal experience.

Overall, this was such an awful experience, from beginning to end, I will not be renting from Enterprise again. I'd like to be compensated for the additional $100 in fees I was charged for my rental.

• Resolution statement

• Enterprise Holdings Customer Care's Response, Nov 28, 2017

Nikki Wheeler, we appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences. I assure you that it's never our intention to inconvenience our customers. We would like to speak with you further. Please email [protected]@mailca.custhelp.com with your contact information, exact rental office location, rental contract information and the details above so we can address this situation. Thank you. – Carol H.

Ni