Enterprise Car Rentals / horrible customer service

2045 Car Rental Row (ATLANTA AIRPORT LOCATION)Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 404-763-5220

I picked up a car on 11/23/2008 from 614 Cobb Parkway South in Marietta, GA, which was a Maxima that we requested. So, now during the walk through of the car everything on the outside appeared to be in good condition. While sitting in the car I tried letting down the driver's window and it got stuck a quarter of the way. Went back to tell Sarah about the window problems so I wouldn't be held accountable for it and she told me she could put me into an Altima. I stated to her I didn't want an Altima I had asked for a Maxima. So, Sarah's customer service was great, because she said that she would try to get another Maxima for us before Tuesday upon departure of our Thanksgiving Holiday to Texas. Once leaving Sarah, I had some errands to run and got on the express way and now the car is shaking, vibrating when brake is applied, and car is pulling to the left below 60mph and above 60mph it is going to the right on top of the vibration that could possible give me a headache on an thirteen hour trip. So now, I went to the airport to try to save the company some time in rectifying the problem instead of getting upset and once again giving the company another chance to make me a satisfied customer without all the extra run around and rudeness. Of course I received rude customer service by a guy named Matthew Baker who stated, "There is nothing physically wrong with the car so he could only offer me a pick-up truck or a PT Cruiser in place of the Nissan Maxima," which I am paying a premium rate for. So Mr. Baker listened to my previous issues that I have had with Enterprise and I asked him could he please switch out the Maxima for another Maxima. Well Mr. Baker didn't hold his composure very well at all like I was annoying him and told me, "I am sorry that you didn't like my suggestion and there is no way he could switch out the car." It was two in the parking lot and there were several being returned at the time I arrived. This is SO UNFAIR and I understand that life isn't fair but I have remain calm and kept my composure with everyone including road side service and rental agents.

Comments

Ka
  20th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
There are so many complaints about Enterprise Rental Car’s service and practices. I have read everything from inexcusable poor service to false accusations of damage. I encourage anyone renting a car from these people to read, READ, read the fine print on the rental agreement. It sounds as though you have no rights and they can treat you any way they want and charge you with anything they want, and they don’t have to prove anything. One way to protect yourself is to have the rental agent also look under the hood an under the car for any damage. Have them make notes on your original rental agreement and the final receipt that there was no damage. This is where they are really trapping innocent consumers – DON’T LEAVE UNTIL THEY DO THIS!!!
If you are accused of damaging a rental car, pay attention and listen (taping conservations is a good way to catch them in their lies – check your state laws) to the office you rented from (call them and ask questions) and the “Loss Control Administrator” and look at all the info they send you – body shop invoices, towing receipts – you can catch them in their lies and stop some of these false accusations. Look at the dates the car was towed; compare mileage against the final receipt you received from Enterprise.
I also encourage everyone who has a problem with Enterprise, contact the Consumer Affairs, Better Business Bureau and the Enterprise Rental Headquarters (I will even give you the address) 600 Corporate Park Drive, St. Louis, MO 63105. Also, contact the Department of Insurance (Insurance Commissioner) in your state. These agencies are very pro-active about contacting you and letting you know the actions they are taking or what you need to do to protect yourself.
When our case, settles I plan to take aggressive action in making the public aware of these practices Enterprise uses. If you are interested in contributing information you can contact me at sewroom@comcast.net.

Enterprise Holdings Logo Enterprise Holdings