Enterprise Car Rental / assessing charges without authority!
On Jan 7, 2008, at the suggestion of my insurance company (Geico) I rented a car from Enterprise car rental. I was told I could leave the car at the new car dealership when I took possession of my new car.
On Jan 15, 2008 the dealership (Scion-Marin) notified Enterprise that the car was available for pickup. The car was not picked up until the afternoon of the 17th. On the 18th of January, Enterprise removed $300.00 from my checking account without my OK or any notification, either phone, snail mail or email. I was not aware of this until Jan. 19th. Enterprise is Closed on Saturday and Sunday. There fore I was unable to contact them until Jan 21st. The Manager, Chris, informed me this was normal practice as they were unable to contact me or Geico. Further he indicated when he was notified by Geico that they would cover any additional charges, he would reverse the charges of Jan 18 and the original $100.00 deposit made on the 7th of Jan. This step was taken on January 21st. Because of the Martin Luther King Holiday, Jan 21, my bank has not received the reversal as of Jan 22nd.
I have been without funds from Jan. 18 through Jan. 22nd, so far. No Company should have the right to deduct funds from checking accounts, savings accounts or Credit cards without prior approval.
To say the least, I am very upset and will never deal with enterprise again or recommend them.
More Enterprise Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- Enterprise Rent A Car - deposit refund 
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car - toll violation and $15 admin fee b/c no one returns phone call 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - misleading, smoking policy, pick up,& drop off time 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - we'll pick you up-not drop you off 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - charges 
- Enterprise Rental - Poor customer service and overcharged
- Enterprise Holdings - Car rental and false damage claims
- Enterprise Rental Car - van no smoking 🚭
- Enterprise - rental car toll booth violation fee 
- Enterprise Holdings - reserved premium suv not available at check-in