Enterprise Car Rental / unauthorized billing on my card

1 Chatsworth, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 818)3681128

My daughter was authorized to rent by her insurance company while her car was being fixed after being hit. Upon returning the car, she was told everything was fine. Two days later she was faxed an invoice from Enterprise stating her insurance company denied their payment. We contacted the insurance company, they assured us they NEVER denied the claim nor were they ever contacted in regards to any payment. Enterprise were adamant they received a denial BUT REFUSED to give my daughter or the insurance company any proof of the denial. The insurance company sent them a check to cover the claim Meanwhile my daughter is out over $500 and is at their mercy until Enterprise gets the check and decides to credit her account. Who regulates these people??? Luckily the insurance company flet so bad, they stopped payment on the Enterprise check and overnighted a check to my daughter for the unauthorized withdrawl. State Farm went above and beyond, meanwhile Enterprise lost a huge account!!!

Comments

• Un
      12th of Mar, 2009

I agree! The way they do business stinks! I helped a friend rent a car the first week because she just opened her bank account and didn't deposit the cash and they won't take cash. She continued to rent the car for another month on her own. She returned the car and that was the beginning of my nightmare! They kept trying to charge me $244 since January. I called my friend who assured me it was a billing error. My friend even went in and we were told I was removed at our request. BIG MISTAKE! I should have demanded they write up a new contract! My friends account showed "insufficient funds" and that is why they started billing me. Except that nobody would discuss it with me - since I was not listed as the person renting the car (but they sure did bill me when they wanted to be paid)! So, naturally I disputed it with my bank. I just received the notice of denial for my claim, returned with an Enterprise contract with MY FRIENDS name, and her signature, and her bank information authorized to pay. So I called Enterprise. She said the contract states (in fine print) they may make a claim to collect the debt against anyone associated with the contract. So, they are holding me hostage to get the money from my friend. I told them I signed to authorize only the first week and they were paid - after that the lady assured me that is all I would be billed for! SHE LIED! I am so angry that nobody informed me - and worst of all it overdrew my account and I was charged 4 overdrafts @ $35 each for that day. Even my bank admitted this is a crappy way to do business! If my friend had got to them and paid the $244, they would have to reverse this, and my bank would reverse the overdrafts! If someone had informed me - I certainly could have paid it and avoided causing havoc with my good standing with my bank. My friend surely isn't my friend now - and I don't recommend doing business with Enterprise! They have made me their personal debt collector!