[Resolved] Empire Today / wrong color hardwood floors installed

Grand Prairie, TX, United States

Empire Today installed carpet and some Luxury Vinyl Planks in two room that cost more than 5k to install. Empire Today installed the wrong product on May 9th, and wanted me to provide proof. I provide them with my contract stating I wanted " American Hickory Syrah", I also provide them with a picture of the box the installers left from the extra Luxury Vinyl Planks. The box they left behind was labeled" America Walnut Syrah". The day of the installation I walk in my home, and stated something is off about the floors. (Knowing I match the samples colors with my window blinds with the Salesman Chad) Well Walnut is lighter than Hickory and that's what made me review my contract and the extra box left behind. The customer service rep at 1866.588.2305 x4829, first name Norma stated to me I was correct and Empire was willing to come out and completely reinstall my floors with the correct colors, or I could get a 50% discount for the entire installation. I advise Norma I will give her a call back, because the floors did not match my blinds in the windows. I contacted the Saleperson Chad, to verify if what I order and what was supplied to me was different he agreed it was two different colors and that Walnut is lighter than Hickory. I called Norma and email her back on May 25th, she stated she would email me the details of our conversation regarding me wanting to do a 50% discount and will request from Upper Management that I receive the discount. She had to have their approval because it was over her authority amount. On June 1st I follow up and left a voicemail for Norma, she returned my call on June 2nd and stated Upper management stated that Hickory and Walnut are the same colors and they will not refund me anything because they didn't make a mistake. I totally disagree with the statement and Norma stated "She was told to send me a sample of the product, so I can compare the colors. Saturday, , June 3rd a guy came to my house with samples, the sample boards did not have anything stating Walnut. I've attached my contract, the extra product left by installers, and the sample board which didn't support the floors they actually installed, it didn't even support the American Hickory Syrah. You can Google Walnut and Hickory and clearly see they are not the same. Its obvious either Norma don't want to address my issue or Upper management don't want to admit the installer made a mistake. I did not get what I paid for, my home is not in the fashion that I desired, and I don't know if I under paid or overpaid for the product that was installed.

• Resolution statement

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Jun 06, 2017

Dear Ericka,
    We sincerely regret to hear about your installation experience. We never want our customers to feel this way, and we will be in contact with you soon to discuss your concerns further.
    Thank you.