[Resolved] Empire Today / fraudulent pricing

3110 James Bay CourtJamestown, NC, United States Review updated:
4.65
Phone: 336.851.0894
I booked an appointment on line and the Sales Associate arrived on time to measure my entire house which needed new carpeting. She even measured some areas twice to make sure of the footage, as we had the original specs on our home from 1996. She made two diagrams, one for the upstairs and one for the downstairs and then gave us two different prices for two different quality of rug. Since we were putting the house up for sale, we went for the lower estimate and signed a contract along with giving a deposit. This was 2/9/08. We were to have the rugs installed on 2/22/08. Five days after our contract we received a telphone call on our answering machine to contact the Sales Associate which my wife did. She left her a message that we would be home after 6 PM and she could call back. The next day she called our home again left another message, which my wife returned and said we would be home all weekend to discuss whatever was concerning her regarding our contract. Instead of using the alternate number which is my cell phone she proceeded to call again on 2/18/08 at our home, knowing that we both work. She finally got my wife at 5:30 PM at home on Monday the 18th and proceeded to explain that she mismeasured and that the cost would now be $1,800 more than the contract. My wife told her that I would call her back but not to expect that I would go for a higher price since the contract was firm. I proceeded to speak with six other supervisors, regional managers and even the office of the president, but the woman at that office would not give me the president's name - she didn't know it. After Empire trying t0 tell me for $1,000 more they would complete the job, I said I wanted them to honor their contract, I was told that on the back of the contract it states that Empire has 30 days to cancel a contract due to delays, shortage of material or incorrect pricing. So convenient this would be on the back of the contract and not on the front. The consumer gets a 3 day cancellation option, but Empire gets 30 days. What is wrong with this picture? Empire has sent a certified letter cancelling the contract and return of our deposit. But now I must try to cancel their credit card and get it off my credit report because the Sales Associate I know didn't measure incorrectly but most likely gave us the wrong price. But twice - for two different grade of rugs. This sounds very suspicious to me. I have sent letters to the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's Office of North Carolina who my wife deals with at her job so the higher ups are familiar to her. I want everyone to know to steer clear of dealing with Empire Today, you most likely will get a better deal with your local merchants who will most likely be more honest with you.

Resolution statement

Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Jun 18, 2012

Bradd, we want to provide a positive environment for all our sales representatives and we regret that you were disappointed in your experience. We will be happy to discuss your concerns with you and will have our Human Resources department contact you. If you have any questions in the meantime please contact our Human Resources department at 847-583-3000 x3007. Thank you.

Comments

De
  8th of Apr, 2008
The president of Empire-Today is Mr. Steve Silvers; he can be reached through their corporate offices in Northlake, Il. The actual owner of Empire-Today is Mr. David Elenowitz. He can be reached directly through his office at Mercury Capital, L.P., 153 E 53rd St. 49th floor, New York, NY 10022. His phone is (212) 838-0888. I hope this helps you. If so, pass it on.
Bs
  12th of Jun, 2012
Hi my name Bradd I just went through your training in San Francisco it was 2 weeks . The trainer was from LA area Jonnie, She said that she was there because the union city trainer needed help. It was very disorganize because she did not have the proper training material. I just figured she was from out of town. Your recruiter was Jennifer Hansen and said that I could do this part time your ad says I can do this part time with flexible hours. Since I have a medical issues I thought it would be a good fit. After the 2 week training we have the SF Trainer for 1 day he gave a test and was mostly rude. Ross was his name. We went to p/u samples at the office and was told this is not a part time job but mon- sat 9-7 . Also i did not get any carpet padding or vinly cut out and lamanit . I work with some property mgr company that would have like to see some of that and window treatments. and they did like the next day install . Base on my experience with your mgr at union city I will not recmand them to you. Maybe you should give them a better training on how handle part time .We had the Dm walk right passed us without saying a hello even. I tried to talk to Wille our mgr about my situation. He said that empire throws as many people against the wall and see what ### sticks as in people . I see why your nps score is so low in this market . the mgr are very unprof and rude to their contractors . I thought you should know to protect your image . You can call me at707 586 1433 if you care. I just got back from dropping off my supplies And to be fair I brought the corporate ad that say that you welcome part time contractors. Ross told me thats not true only full time and didn't seem to care about what the ad said.

Empire Today Logo Empire Today