Empire Today / install

1 3013 Greenway Ave, Henrico, United States

This whole process has been a complete nightmare! I hate writing reviews both positive or negative, but the shenanigans have been ridiculous! I signed my contract on 11/29/18 and still don't have carpet 12/20/18. My 1st schedule date was postponed due to a snow storm. I understand that and was rescheduled for Monday (12/17). Installers came on Monday moved the furniture out of the room and removed the old pad/carpet, but when unrolling the carpet the carpet had a cut right down the middle. Rescheduled for yesterday (12/19) and has been a Nightmare since. The room is a 'man cave' i.e... garage, but this is a functional room. We insulated the room, painted, couch, chair, electronics, pad and carpet etc...five years ago when we moved in.

The lead installer yesterday stated the room temperature wasn't at the right temperature. Not True! We have a heater in that room. Again, its our TV room. If the temperature wasn't right then the first installers on Monday would not have been able to even start the job. The installers left yesterday. I still have no pad/carpet in the room from Monday when the 1st installers removed it. They started the job, but has not completed it. This group didn't want to move the furniture. Which is included in the contract.

The General Manager Kenny Edmonds states he can not promise me that he can find an installer to complete the job before Christmas. Kenny never called me yesterday. I left him a message yesterday evening. I called again today and finally received a call back this afternoon.

I asked Kenny if the Install Manager can install the carpet. His response... I'm not going to ask him to do that. Then he proceeds to state that the install manager or he are not qualified to install carpet?! That's because I asked Kenny if he could install the carpet as well.

Bottom line... They started the job, but haven't completed it. I host Christmas dinner at my house ever year and the room still has no pad/carpet just exposed concrete slab.

Is Leadership going to contact me?

Ak