Empire Today / bad installation!
We had our laminate floors installed 01/2007. Having just purchased our home, there was no heat. The salesman assured us this was not an issue (he had just called the office in front of us to make certain). Within a month the floor began to buckle.
They came out 2x to fix small areas and I asked to have the floors checked out for defects. They sent an "outside" inspector who did not seem interested to hear about the background of the floors and how they were installed with no heat in the home. His report stated that the floors were fine and we must have applied moisture and used the issue ourselves!
I paid for my own inspection, my guy was an engineer for 20+ years. He concluded that the floors were improperly installed due to the heat factor and could cause damage to my sub-floor. Empires own warranty on these floors and the contract state that the floors should be installed at a temp. of 65-80 degrees. It was probably 50 in the house on the day of installation.
This company wont refund me or replace the floors. The installation manager says I cannot prove that the salesman called into the office and got the okay to go ahead. What kind of business is this!! Bad customer service and obviously shoddy workmanship.
More Empire Today Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Empire Carpet - Fraudulent quote! 
- [Resolved] Empire Today - steer clear of empire today! 
- [Resolved] Empire Today Carpet - complete dissatisfaction and unprofessional service 
- [Resolved] Empire Today - price deception! 
- Empire Today - cost of quote 
- Empire Today - vinyl floor
- Empire Today - floor installation
- Empire Today - Unethical behavior from Empire
- Empire Today - carpet installation 
- Empire Today - Flooring - laminate flooring 9mm cannot be replaced