Empire Today / bad installation!

We had our laminate floors installed 01/2007. Having just purchased our home, there was no heat. The salesman assured us this was not an issue (he had just called the office in front of us to make certain). Within a month the floor began to buckle.

They came out 2x to fix small areas and I asked to have the floors checked out for defects. They sent an "outside" inspector who did not seem interested to hear about the background of the floors and how they were installed with no heat in the home. His report stated that the floors were fine and we must have applied moisture and used the issue ourselves!

I paid for my own inspection, my guy was an engineer for 20+ years. He concluded that the floors were improperly installed due to the heat factor and could cause damage to my sub-floor. Empires own warranty on these floors and the contract state that the floors should be installed at a temp. of 65-80 degrees. It was probably 50 in the house on the day of installation.

This company wont refund me or replace the floors. The installation manager says I cannot prove that the salesman called into the office and got the okay to go ahead. What kind of business is this!! Bad customer service and obviously shoddy workmanship.

N  10th of Jul, 2007 by
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Total customer satisfaction is important to us here at Empire Today. We take customer feedback very seriously and we are always striving to improve the customer’s experience. We have reviewed your posting and are currently researching this matter. You will be contacted within 24 hours to address your concerns in full detail.
A  25th of Jul, 2007 by
I saw the advertisement on tv and thought this could be a win-win situation. Boy was I wrong. My installers looked nothing like, nor dressed like those guys in the commercials. My biggest complaint is follow-up. I paid an inexorbitant amount of money for convenience, but the materials to me are the same as Lowe's and Home Depot. I could have gotten the job done more efficiently and effective had I gone with the aforementioned. The installers had car trouble, as was relayed to me, I think they had another job, of course the company did not call me, they left it up to the installers. Also, I had to be home from 8 to whenever. The installers did not show up until 10:00, so most of my day was shot. Also, this expensive grout I paid for has not lightened up and I was told it will take 6 - 8 weeks. I was promised grout caulk for all the air bubbles appearing. I'm trying to give Empire here in San Antonio the benefit of the doubt, but when you pay double, even triple for a service, you expect good bedside manners. I do not blame the installers, they are the workerbees. If I don't get satisfaction, I'm considering lodging a complaint with the BBB or AG. This is false advertisement and just not sound business practices.
D  7th of Oct, 2007 by
We just had Empire Today in to do our whole house. We carpeted the upstairs, and put in hard wood floors on our first level. I LOVE the carpet and LOVE the floors. They came in about 1,000.00 less than other carpet stores in our area and did an amazing job, with NO complaints. The workers were courteous, took care of our belongings and did their best in making my husband and I very happy. We recommend them highly and would use them again.

Empire Today Logo Empire Today