Empire Carpetvery poor quality of carpet

J

Empire installers was at my home on06/22/07 to install carpet. I noticed the carpet was not of the quality I had chosen. I immediately phoned Empire. In speaking with the first employee I was hung up on. I phoned back and spoke with a Timothy he asked that I have the carpet installed. I said NO WAY. Again the carpet was a second grade carpet that one would have installed in a family room or den. The customer service that I recieved was VERY POOR. As of now I am still awaiting a phone call from Empire.

• Updated by Empire-Today · Jun 27, 2007

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Total customer satisfaction is important to us here at Empire Today. We take customer feedback very seriously and we are always striving to improve the customer’s experience. We have reviewed your posting and are currently researching this matter. Unfortunately, we were not able to access your information within our database and need more information from you to do so. Please contact us at [protected] between the hours of 9am-5:30pm CST. Ask to speak to one our Consumer Affair Agents. You will need either your home telephone number that links you to your account or your work order # that is on your original paperwork when calling in. Thank you and have a great day.

• Ka
    katrina Oct 09, 2008

I purchased carpet from Empire in Apr 08. Within one month the carpet on the stairs began to lift up at the corners. I called Empire and they agreed to send the original installer to the house to fix the problem. When the guy showed up, I didn't recognize him or his sub contractor company, nor did he recognize me. Needless to say it was not the original installer to fix it. They sent someone else. The next issue on the stairs began shortly thereafter. The tack strips were poking threw the carpet. My 9 yr old daughter found this out the hard way. After further inspection we noticed several tacks on other steps. I called Empire to complain that once again the installer needed to come out. I was assured within 24 hrs I would receive a call as this was a "saftey issue". After a week and two phone calls to them later I finally am having the "original installer" coming to fix the problem tomorrow.
    My next complaint is the quality of the carpet. I paid 3800.00 for carpet that looks 10 years old already! The carpet is unwinding and very frizzy. There are serious wear signs just after 6 months. I have no animals and only one child. It looks terrible. I've called for an area supervisor to stop at the house and look at the problem. The carpet looks nothing like the floor sample provided. The quality looks like a rental home carpet that you would throw in because you expect wear and tear and do not want to invest alot of money into. However, this is our home and it looks like crap...i'm still waiting for an area supervisor to contact me. I'm every disappointed. Either they will be providing me new quality carpet, or we'll be going to court. DO NOT USE EMPIRE CARPET, IT'S JUNK!!!

• Re
    renee leonard Nov 05, 2007

They installed carpet in my house when I wasn't at home. When I got home they had extra carpet laying in the driveway; but when they left; they said they had no extra. I saw it in their van so I know it was a lie. Also, I am sure they didn't lay the carpet I picked out. It seems to be a much cheaper quality. I had this done about one year ago and the carpet looks like it's about 10 years old. VERY POOR QUALITY MATERIAL AND WORK!!! I have told every person I know NOT to use Empire. Not only did they install a poorer brand of carpet than I paid for; they stole what was leftover.

• Ym
    YMSaj Sep 02, 2007

Empire Today - what a bunch of liars. This is the EXACT SAME FORM COMMENT they leave with EVERY COMPLAINT on EVERY COMPLAINT WEBSITE.

Check out the "comment" they leave to all the complaints on this website, then check out the "comment" they leave on other complaint websites. Exactly the same.

Empire is a dishonest, deceitful, low-rent company.