Empire Flooring / rick - cancelation process - they totally bully you

1 Minneapolis, MN, United States Review updated:

I had an empire sales person come out to my house and I decided to purchase a kitchen floor from them. At signing, they emphatically inform you have 3 days to cancel with no obligation. Today, my husband and I decided to cancel and I called and was completely bullied and told off by the customer service cancel representative, his name is rick. He would not listen to me. He kept asking me and kept asking me, why do you want to cancel? What don't you like? At first, I was going to buy into their marketing and let the sale sit for a week or two so I could shop around but when he would not give me in writing his promise that the sale would pend, I decided to cancel all together. (My contact I signed said 3 days to cancel, well this rick wanted me wait for 1-2 weeks and leave the sale pending - I was willing to but he would not send me any email or documentation) well, this is when it got ugly. He said things such as, " well, we spent our time on you at least you can tell us why you want to cancel? Why? Well, we don't even want your business anymore. I then asked to speak to his supervisor and he would not transfer me until I told him why I wanted to speak to him. He was so rude and fast talking it makes me sick. Funny thing is, my co-worker who was sitting next to me also booked a 3 room job with them this weekend and he called immediatly and cancelled his order after witnessing what I just went through. Never again. Don't do business with empire. Go to home depot or lowe's or anywhere else. It feels like they are scam artists or something. Gross feeling. I hope this helps you make your decision.

Comments

• Bu
      23rd of Mar, 2010

A member of our customer service team has been in contact with you to offer options for a resolution. Please contact us at 800-588-2300 to assist with all your concerns.

Sincerely,
    Consumer Advocate Team
    Empire Today, LLC

• Fi
      17th of Apr, 2010

If you want true CUSTOMER SERVICE when it comes to all of your flooring needs consider a Mom & Pop type of flooring store. You will get one on one SERVICE and you will not be treated simply as another sale. I own a Mom and Pop shop that I will not name here but I hear these types of stories all of the time. As the owner of the company my customers deal directly with me to measure, estimate, negotiate, select materials, order materials and schedule the installations. My sales team reports directly to me and operates under the premise that the CUSTOMER IS KING, If there is a problem (seldom the case) I'm the one who resolves the situation with the customer.

I love the Empire advertising tag line of "buy today, install tomorrow", if they have installers sitting around waiting to install carpet on a last minute basis that should set off a red flag warning right away. Qualified professional installation professionals such as the ones my little Mom and Pop shop employs book out 2, 3, and 4weeks in advance. There is a reason the "other guy" is home sitting on his couch waiting for one of those last minute phone calls from the "buy today, install tomorrow" type of companies. That reason is that he is not a qualified professional installer, otherwise their services would be booked well in advance. Think about it, are you available to do what you do on a professional level the next day? Not likely if you are great at what you do.

All of this said you may in fact save a buck or two working with these large type companies to complete flooring projects in your home, however you must ask yourself, what am I willing to sacrifice? Is it the quality of the materials, the expertise of the installer, the level of service provided, the line of communication to the top levels of the organization you are dealing with? In the end you end up enduring the same or more costs to get things done cheap. Cheap is not always the answer, visit a Mom and Pop type flooring store and experience the difference.