Empire Carpets / Incorrect installation of hardwood floors

I purchased Empire Floors for hardwood and carpet for my home.

After initial problems, (like the lead person talking on his cell phone all day about how there was a warrant out for his arrest), the hardwood floor was installed. It seemed fine. Then four months after the installation, the nightmare began. A toilet in the house malfunctioned and flooded most of the upstairs area and the hardwood floors had to be removed. Well....the hardwood floors was glued directly to the subfloor (Plywood) without any underpayment. Of course the hardwood floor would not come off easily and so the subfloor has to be removed where big pieces of the subflooring broke away.

What could have been an easy replace has been a construction issue and one that has to be figured out how best to replace the subflooring so the house does not become structurally weak and fall down!

Comments

• Re
      2nd of Nov, 2007

Dear Ardith Lynch,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to the attention of Empire Today. Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to Empire Today. A member of our management team will contact you to review your order.

• Pz
      24th of Sep, 2008

Ardith,

Thanks for the post. I recently received a quote ftom Lowe's and Empire and Empire's quote was much about $800 higher. The sales guy stated that Empire's floor is better, can be installed next day, etc. He was not the sharpest tool in the shed but I overlooked that. It was not sitting comfortable with me seeing that I knew more about installation than he did. He left the house and I called him the next day to say I was interested. On this second call, he mentions that he is not sure if the vinyl flooring needs to be removed and if so, it would be extra but we won't know until the installers arrive. He has been with Empire for 20 years and just doesn't know if it will need to be removed. I looked at the floor and I can tell it needs to be removed. Once again, this leaves a bad feeling in my gut. This post has just convinced me not to go with Empire. It is disturbing when the customer knows more than the salesperson. Once again, perhaps they are good with carpet but definately not hardwood floors.

Thanks!
    written 9/24/2008

• We
      18th of Aug, 2009
    Empire Carpets - Poor Quality

I had Empire install carpeting in my dining room. Less than 1 month after installation the carpet started to unravel. It was also supposed to be stain resistant indoor/outdoor carpeting and yet it retains every single spot that ever gets on it. The sales rep seemed shady and spoke very little English. The installers spoke no English at all. I was told that the room had to be completely empty on the day of installation which I never heard of. For what I was charged, they should have just come in and done it all.