Empire Carpets / Incorrect installation of hardwood floors
I purchased Empire Floors for hardwood and carpet for my home.
After initial problems, (like the lead person talking on his cell phone all day about how there was a warrant out for his arrest), the hardwood floor was installed. It seemed fine. Then four months after the installation, the nightmare began. A toilet in the house malfunctioned and flooded most of the upstairs area and the hardwood floors had to be removed. Well....the hardwood floors was glued directly to the subfloor (Plywood) without any underpayment. Of course the hardwood floor would not come off easily and so the subfloor has to be removed where big pieces of the subflooring broke away.
What could have been an easy replace has been a construction issue and one that has to be figured out how best to replace the subflooring so the house does not become structurally weak and fall down!
More Empire Carpets Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Empire Carpet - Fraudulent quote! 
- [Resolved] Empire Today - steer clear of empire today! 
- [Resolved] Empire Today Carpet - complete dissatisfaction and unprofessional service 
- [Resolved] Empire Today - price deception! 
- Empire Today - cost of quote 
- Empire Today - carpet insulation
- Empire Today - flooring 
- Empire Today - carpet installation and damaged tile 
- Empire Today - window treatment repair
- Empire Today - product and service