[Resolved] Empire Carpet / Bad Service

NY, United States Review updated:

We called Empire to see what they had to offer and saleman stoppedby. We needed carpet for our living-room and bedroom. He was your typical saleman( snakeoil type). Once we decided what we liked and questioned the price the full court press switched on. I was used to dealing with my neighborhood carpet shop but we decided to give Empire a chance, so was not used to this BS. He complained if I do not make the deal now I might miss out on a great price and he would have to make a second trip to possibly close the deal. So what if he has to do a little work. He got on the phone made a call to impress me and came back with reduced price of about $400.00 from his original quote. My target price was about $30.00 per sq yd, so his reduced price was on target. I signed off on the deal.

We were told that the 2 pieces would be bound and delivery would be from 8-6pm. I was ok with the delivery times but was told on the day of delivery if we did not hear by 10:30am from the delivery service to call a certain number. At 10:30 we called and were told they could not reach the installer but someone would call us back. We did not hear from anyone. We called a few more times up to 5pm and were told they still could not get in touch with the installers and not sure where they are!!. I asked don't you think that is unusual that your company could not get in touch with someone who is suppose to deliver your product. No answer to the question, gee what a suprise.

At 5:30pm I decided I was going go out and that is when the installers showed up. I asked them why they never called me or responded to phone calls to find them. They said they never heard or received any calls from anyone all day!! This means someone is lying. They then proceed to tear up my old carpet in the LR and take it out. When they brought up the new carpet we noticed it was not bound and it was one large piece. They said they cut and bind it on site.That would take at least 1.5 -2 hours. We were NEVER told this. We were lead to believe this was all done at the warehouse. Now it is 6:15pm We then checked to make sure the carpet was the right one. We checked and felt this was not that same quality we picked. More phone calls now it is about 7pm. The installer cut off a peice of the end and we compared it to the remaing BR carpet. They both agreed it was not the same as the quality in the BR. So what to do? We refused the carpet.

In the end we got zero phone calls all day to let us now anything, the istallers show up tear up my LR rug, leave a mess in the building hallway which I cleaned up. Now I have no carpet in the LR. You would think that the saleman or someone from Empire would have called us. We got zero calls all day and up until this writing. Refusing the carpet was the best thing we did. I should of read this website first. My advice is to stay away from Empire and go with works. We went back to our neighborhood carpet guy and got a better deal on a much better carpet.

• Resolution statement

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Mar 19, 2012

We are disappointed to hear about the issues that occurred during your installation appointment. It is our top priority to provide our customers with world-class service so that they are completely satisfied, and we regret that this was not the case. We understand that you’ve gone with another company, but we’d still like to speak to you about your concerns and learn more about your experience. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your account from the information provided in your review. If you’d be willing to, please call us at 888-588-2315 x4195 or email [protected]@empiretoday.com, and we’ll follow back with you. Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager

Comments

• Ju
      7th of Mar, 2011

We had a sales representative come to our house he was very nice my first negative was when he started to bad mouth Home Depot and lows. I can't stand when a salesman bad mouths another company. Well anyway I let it slide thinking he was proud of empire. He measured and we looked at samples. I was not going to make a decision that day anyway - I just don't make decision that quick.

Well when we got our quote it was over $8000 for about 2200 sq feet that was with the buy 1room get the rest free. When I told him my quote from Home Depot was approx. $6000 he immediately dropped his price to $6500 I said I wanted to find my Home Depot quote to be sure he started pressuring me to buy - that he could have it installed on Monday today way Saturday. I told him I still needed to pack up my house - we had 2 floods in our house and it was basically a mess I wanted to go through everything myself to discard what I didn't want anymore. He became upset at that point but was still pleasant. But I was assured when I made my appointment that I would not have to make a decision on the spot. We decided we would call empire back if we wanted to use them. Still have not decided, but I figured the price would be a whole lot better than what they quoted. I don't think they actually give you the deal they advertise on TV. I expected the quote to be at least half of the Home Depot price.

• Bu
      10th of Mar, 2011

We’ve seen your other post online and reached out to you on 2/23. I’d like to look up your account so we can see the product you selected and give you more information about our promotion. If you’re interested in having us look up your account, please email your contact information to [protected]@empiretoday.com or contact me via phone at 888-588-2315 x4195 and a member of our Customer Service Team will reach out to you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager

• Pe
      22nd of Mar, 2012

REBEKAH CLERK DOES NOT EXIST! THIS IS THE BIG SCAM THAT EMPIRE TODAY HAS BEEN USING FOR YEARS! This fictitious person will post the same type of comment shown above so that newcomes to this board will THINK they are concerned and offering resolution. DO NOT BELIEVE THIS FOR ONE SECOND! I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THIS COMPANY CONTINUES TO STAY IN BUSINESS.

24th of Mar, 2012

Empire Carpet and Rebekah Clerk should be exposed by one the TV news shows. Nothing worse then some bad TV exposure to show how they operate.

7th of Apr, 2012

I just got lucky with my situation with these low life, scam artists. I was able to refuse the goods when they were deivered, and now I received my refund check, so now I am 100% free and clear of these turkeys. I have been able to get 2 people so far to change their minds about ordering from Empire. I feel like my work is done here.

• Do
      9th of May, 2012

I had made an appointment with Empire to quote some hard wood flooring but after reading so many complaints I quickly cancelled. Thanks to all of you who posted to this site, I had no idea what my wife & I were about to get ourselves involved with.

Regards,