Empire Todayrefund of deposit

M

Jan 17 2012 had a salesmen come to my home, we entered into a contract for laminate flooring and was assured by him and also a document we signed, that we could cancel within 3 days and receive our deposit back.On Jan18, 2012 I called to cancel, also followed instructions on cancel document to submit in writing of cancel and would receive my deposit within 10 days of receipt.Called 30days later and was told a check was on the way from the San Fran office, it would take 10-14 buisness days.March 14 called and was told a check was issues Feb 29 2012
and give it another day or so, even gave me a check #. It is now March29 2012 I still have received NOTHING.I wish I would have read all the complaints online Before I had them come to my home.Any suggestions on how I can get my deposit back.

RESOLVED

• Empire Today's response · Mar 30, 2012

Christine, we regret any inconvenience caused by the delay in receiving your refund from your cancelled order. We’re happy to hear that this matter has now been resolved. If you have any questions, please call us at [protected] x4195 or email [email protected] Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager

• Empire Today's response · Jul 06, 2018

Dear Customer, please email us at [email protected] with both your concerns and account information so we may follow up with you and discuss your concerns.

• Di
    Disgusted in So. NH Oct 15, 2020

Installer showed up late with a carpet sample that was not of the quality my wife and I had chosen. We decided to cancel and wait because it was going to cost us at least a few thousand more for a different type of carpet. We were told by multiple service reps that because we didn't cancel within the 3 days, something the sales rep failed to mention, that we would not be getting out 400 dollar deposit back. Who cancels within 3 days? We waited 2 weeks for the install and were presented with an inferior product. Of course there wouldn't be any issues within 3 days. This has to be the shadiest and most despicable business practice I have ever experienced. During a pandemic no less, when money is very hard to come by for most people. Who thinks they are going to get ripped off by a carpet contract? Next time I'll definitely read the fine print and I hope everyone stays far away from Empire today.

• Di
    Disappointmented Jul 05, 2018

Empire Today did the exact same thing to me. The salesman came to my home and showed my examples, I gave him a $200 deposit. The next I decided to go with another vendor and called to cancel order and receive my deposit back. This was on june 20th, 2018. The customer service rep, said it would take 7-10 business days in which I would receive my refund. The 10th day being july 5th, he said if the money wasnt back in my acvount that I should call back. On july 5th I checked my account and sure enough the money wasnt there, so I called empire customer support again, the agent indicated that initial request I made on june 20th hadnt been submitted and now it would take another 7-10 business days. I took a deep breath, and calmley informed the rep that I would file a complaint with the michigan attorney general consumer affairs department, the BBB and both wdiv and wxyz consumer affairs department. I will never do business with empre today. I told all of my neighbors about my experience and will tell my city council as well. Shame on empire. Let the potential buyer beware and look elsewhere for carpeting.

• Mr
    Mrs Holmes Mar 29, 2012

This matter has been resolved.Mrs Holmes