Emirates / terrible service!

United Kingdom Review updated:
I have recently traveled with emirates from birmingham - dubai - bangkok return and have to say it is the worst flight so far I have experienced with them. Each flight was delayed (4 flights total) one by over an hour, passengers were left sitting on the plane during this time without any offer of refreshment. The seats in economy are very uncomfortable and no leg room whatsoever. I traveled with many airlines and have to say this is the worst for comfort. I know it is economy class but millions of passengers travel this way, a little comfort would not come amiss. On arrival at dubai it seems the security is in reverse ie; security checks on disembarking the plane (Holding you up for the connecting flight) but no security before boarding the next plane even though you could have spent time in the departure lounges and duty free.

I have emirates several times in the past and found it convenient to fly direct from birmingham (The only thing in it's favor) in future I would rather have the inconvenience of traveling to another airport and having the choice of a decent airline than face that torture again.

Comments

Ge
  23rd of Jan, 2008
Emirates, so far in advance of it's competitors in every aspect of service until it comes to losing baggage, customer follow up and customer service. We checked 5 bags at Auckland in New Zealand. A 4 hour flight later and we were in Melbourne but only 4 of our bags made it. We were assured at the time by the Emirates Airport staff that they bag would most likely show up the next day and then would be couriered to us at no extra charge. We were given a contact number that we have called frequently and get no response from. We called the airport direct and were transfered through to the Emirates baggage services twice and even though we have been assured we would be kept informed no one returns our phone calls.

What do we need to do? Not good enough!
As
  23rd of Jan, 2008
I was traveling from dubai to mombay flight no 504 date 11-01-2008. I have been delayed to other flight although my reservation was ok.
Po
  29th of Jan, 2009
considering everything in the lounge and duty free is security screened there is no danger. and your screened during transfer to ensure you not transporting goods that are dangerous or illegal!!!

So all of your flights were delayed by an hour...did you arrive in time to catch your connecting flight...yes... SO WHATS THE PROBLEM????

some people are not happy unless they;re complaining

Emirates Group / Emirates.com Logo Emirates Group / Emirates.com