Having problems with Emirates?

Emirates reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 12, 2007. The latest review Harassment on EK Flight was posted on Oct 13, 2021. The latest complaint bad service and food made me sick. was resolved on Sep 18, 2018. Emirates has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 682 reviews. Emirates has resolved 187 complaints.

Emirates Customer Service Contacts

+371 8000 4464 (Hotel Booking)
+44 20 3320 2609 (Hotel Booking)
+44 20 3582 1590 (Car Hire)
+49 30 5444 5944 (Tours & Activities)
+44 12 7330 3288 (Travel Insurance)
PO Box 686
Dubai
United Arab Emirates

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Emirates Customer Service. Initial Emirates complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Emirates above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Emirates. Discuss the issues you have had with Emirates and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Emirates Complaints & Reviews, Page 34

Emiratesmisplaced luggage!

I am a resident of Dubai and always take pride in flying Emirates. I am a Skywards Gold Category member (by virtue of earned miles) indicating at my loyalty towards Emirates. I always take pride in associating myself with Emirates in any way. It is clearly evident that the service delivery as well as the quality is fast declining on Emirates and a frequent flyer like myself can not only observe and notice it but can easily compare the same with other global airlines. Anyways, I have always convinced myself so far that things will improve and will bring back the glory to Emirates.

In the midst of this impression I had developed about Emirates, there happened an incident which totally shattered my confidence on Emirates Airlines. I checked on EK 512 dated 16.01.2008 from Dubai to Delhi. The flight was scheduled at 5:15 a.m. to depart from Dubai. Assigned gate was number 41. Everything was going on usual till I reached the boarding gate. I noticed a long queue (in the corridors that runs 2 floors underground) waiting for the buses to arrive to transfer the passengers to the aircraft. The sight was totally uncommon and in sharp contrast to what anyone thinks about Emirates. It was a shame for me to hear the comments being made by people who were connecting through Dubai to further destinations and were unfortunately on this flight. Sarcastic comments likes " we thought Emirates is world's best " or "wow...is this what Dubai offers " were embarrassing for someone like me who is always proud of Dubai and anything associated with it. The flight departed after 1 hour of delay and when we reached Delhi airport, it was a chaos because lots of baggage were reported to be misplaced. I was flying business class so was lucky that one among the ground staff announced my name near the conveyor belt and upon contacting him, i was told that baggage of 82 passengers could not be boarded on EK 512 and will be delivered next day when they arrive into Delhi by the next incoming Emirates flight the following day i.e. on 17.01.2008. It was a surprise but then i thought it is ok... happens sometimes. I quietly filled in the PIR, gave my contact details to the Emirates Ground Staff at Delhi Airport and left for my home more or less sure that my baggage will arrive next day and that Emirates, as promised, will ensure to deliver it at my residence in Delhi.

Come next day, I started calling Emirates Delhi Airport Office and was diverted to voice mail probably 5 or 6 times. I was running out of patience after trying to contact them for about 2 hours and all in vain) and gradually the fear started sinking in that something is wrong somewhere. I was lucky enough to contact the Emirates Ground Staff at Delhi Airport after numerous attempts and was told that my luggage did not arrive even on the next flight. I asked for the reason and was told that there is some problem at the Dubai Airport Baggage Handling. I called Dubai +[protected] (Emirates Customer Care) and informed them about my situation. They were kind enough to call me back informing that the baggage could not be loaded even the second day and they will try to load it on next Delhi Bound flight on 18.01.2008. Having no choice, I agreed but told them that if the baggage does not arrive on 18th then i don't need it anymore in Delhi as I am coming back to Dubai on 19th. I am keeping my fingers crossed hoping my baggage arrives tomorrow i.e. on 18.01.2008.

I came to Delhi on a business trip strictly related to a signing of some important property related documents. I am without my luggage and also went through some anxious moments trying to contact Emirates Ground Staff at Delhi Airport. My question is what do I do in such a situation? Can I forget or ignore this experience? Will I ever get to see my misplaced baggage ? Will an offer of few skywards miles suffice as compensation? Is this Emirates really... ?... so on... What do I do and who should i address this complaint to?

Please advise smb.

• Di
      Diana Liyanage Nov 15, 2014

Aologies, this comment posted before I had amended it as I see you have not yet got your bag back. There is obviously widespread bag theft/negligence by emirates in india. Emirates should do something to safeguard their customer's luggage in these cases, considering the cost of flying with them is at least £200 more than other airlines.

• Di
      Diana Liyanage Nov 15, 2014

Hi
      I have had a similar experience, my whole luggage was lost from emirates at Mumbai airport and I strongly suspect the guys at the check in desk took the bag - I never saw him put a label on the bag or moving it down the conveyor belt. Emirates are apparently 'trying to trace the bag' but have not taken anything I have said seriously. There is not even any human response to it. You are lucky you at least finally got your bag back, mine contained all the christmas presents I had bought for my family, as well as many other personal items.

I can't believe that this could happen at a large international airport. Really not happy.

Diana Liyanage

Emirates Airlinesdamaged luggage contents!

My luggage on transit from London over Dubai to Australia was left in 50 deg C heat for two days in Dubai (late arrival to Brisbane) in which all my expensive clothing and gifts were spoiled due to plastic bags and shampoo bottles melting in searing heat and had caused damage to my luggage contents. In addition of being unable to gain access to my unit (my keys were kept in my luggage) and ending up paying 2 nights of hotel accommodation out of my pocket, I also ended up over $500 worth of contents damage. Despite alerting Emirates customer department immediately delayed/lost luggage and contents damage, all they have to offer me is some free flight points next time when I fly with them. No compensation for damages nor out of pocket expenses for hotel accommodation! They basically turned my long-planned London trip into a very bad experience. I would not recommend Emirates to any Australian flying public. In contrast, Qantas airways provided us and my parents free accommodation at the Melbourne airport when their LA-Melbourne flight was delayed, causing us to miss our train scheduled to depart that night to country Victoria town of Sale. They also provided us with a free rental vehicle. Now that is a extraordinary service, 10 out of 10 marks to the great flying Kangaroo. I have 6 email correspondence with Emirates Customer department and can provide it to relevant/interested parties if needed.

• Pa
        paul Apr 12, 2009

Dear Sirs,

I am writing in regards to a visit visa standoff between me and one of your employees who promised to issue me two three month visit visas at a cost of AED 1500 each.

I payed the money to this particular gentleman and he processed one of the visas though its validity was only for two months, the second visa though fully paid was never processed and no reason was given.

After a bitter follow up with your employee and upon disclosing to him I would follow up from your offices, he offered to pay back the money in installments.

Six months down the lane since our agreement for the payment to be done, this gentleman payed for three months and refused to pay the balance. please advise me what would be my chances of getting back my money since I have many responsibilities and I am quite caught up financially.

I have some of the emails which we exchanged during this time and i will be willing to forward them to you if need be.

To contact me on any precendings please use my address [email protected]

• Mi
        Miss P. Apr 03, 2008

Subject: Emirates Airlines
        Dear Sir/Madam
        Could you please remove my postal address and phone number from the above posted complaint since it breaches my privacy?

Both the address and the phone number is actually mine, not the Emirates's phone and address (it supposed to be Emirates and not mine).

Miss Pinar Ozaydin

Emirates Airlinesnon receipt of baggage - ek 516

My family and I traveled to bangalore on the 19th of december on emirates. Out of the 5 bags that were checked in - we only received 3 on arrival at the bangalore international airport. We were given a contact number for the baggage section to co ordinate with regarding the remaining bags. We found out that we are not eligible to any compensation as we had received part of our baggage!!! Several email were sent to the customer relations etc (Which I have included below) they were on holiday and then there was no response.

An airline of emirates' calibre promises the best service etc, but sadly does not deliver. If someone can help me in this regard I would be much obliged.

A copy of the emails sent to the customer affairs at emirates

Date: sat, 29 dec 2007 03:53:28 - 0800 (Pst)
      From: vandana aroon
      Subject: reminder: fwd: non - receipt of baggage - ek 516 - december 19, 2007 - urgent

Dear,

Further to my email regarding compensation for the non receipt of my bags, given below, I have not yet received any response.

Baggage with the tag number ek630409 was received on the 23rd morning. The bag contained perishable goods which due to the delay in arrival, was spoilt and not fit for use.

Since these bags contained my personal items such as clothing etc. Please advise regarding compensation as I have been inconvenienced and have had to make purchases. The local baggage office and toll free number (A call centre in mumbai) were not able to take a call on the same as they apparently are not authorised to process the claim. We were advised to write to this email id. This has been done on the 21st of december - with no effect.

Request you to take action at the earliest and expedite our claim request as we are returning to dubai on the 4th of january. I am a skywards member - ek [protected] and expect the service you promise and solicit a reply in this matter.

Best regards,

Vandana aroon wrote:
      Date: sun, 23 dec 2007 04:25:20 - 0800 (Pst)
      Subject: fwd: non - receipt of baggage - ek 516 - december 19, 2007 - urgent

Dear sir, madam,

I am still awaiting your response to my earlier query regarding compensation for mishandled/delayed baggage.

Request prompt response.

Vandana aroon wrote:
      Date: fri, 21 dec 2007 22:12:02 - 0800 (Pst)
      Subject: non - receipt of baggage - ek 516 - december 19, 2007 - urgent

Dear sir/madam,

I would like to bring to your notice that my family and I -

Aroon/kpmr
      Aroon/vandanamrs
      Aroon/vedanthmstr

Travelled on ek 516 - dxb-blr on 19 december, 2007. We are holding confirmed return tickets on the 4th of january 2008. On arrival at the bangalore airport, we did not receive 2 nos. Baggage under tag no. Ek630409 and ek630406.

Yesterday - i. E. 21 december, we received 1 bag no. Ek 630406 that was ripped apart completely and wrapped in a transparent polythene emirates bag. The scanned copy of the emirates mishandled baggage receipt no. 1640 (Case no. 12787) dtd. 21 december 2007, and comments are attached.

Our contact person at the local offcie in bangalore - ms. Devaki adviced us to return the bag in the received condition to claim compensation for the bag only. This has been done.

The remaining bag still to be delivered contains all my clothes and personal effects. As per ek policy - if part baggage has been received the traveller is not eligible to receive any compensation for the non received baggage (As adviced by the local staff - mr. Sriram raju, mr. Prasanna, ms. Devaki, mr. Raghavan).

We are travelling as a family and as such the baggage was checked in under one name - i. E. Aroon/kpmr. All the 5 pieces of baggage were booked under this name. Your policy of non compensation for receipt of part baggage cannot be applied in our case. If needed the bag, labelled with my skywards tag - vandana aroon - ek [protected] can be checked in my presence to verify that the contents are indeed my clothes and gifts.

The reason for non delivery of the misplaced baggage is the malfunctioning of the conveyor belt in dubai, (As explained to us by the local office in bangalore). Regular ek flights have arrived from dubai with passengers and luggage since. I fail to understand how my baggage has not been able to reach the " so called malfuntioning conveyor belt". I have been assured that my baggage will be sent on the next available flight, to no avail.

Given that I am in india to attend family weddings, the delay in receiving the bag no. Ek630409 has caused extreme inconvenience and I have had to make many purchases to ensure that I am able to attend these personal; functions. I am expecting that an airline of your calibre will address this issue on priority and ensure;

1. Prompt delivery of baggage (In good condition, unlike the earlier one)
      2. Compensation for the purchases made to cover the delay in receiving the bag

Being a skywards member I expect assistance of the standard you claim to maintain. I am very disappointed and hence this written request to expedite the matter at the earliest. My local contact number is + 91 80 [protected]/+91 [protected]/+[protected] (Roaming dubai number).

4 Responses
        • Ni
          Nisar Ahmad Khan Dec 07, 2009

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to bring to your notice that my family and I travelled to Delhi from Riyadh via Dubai on flights EK3818 (Riyadh to Dubai) starting on 18th November, 2009 and EK 512 (Dubai to Delhi) starting on 18th November, 2009, reaching Delhi at 2.40 am on 19th November at IGI airport in Delhi. We are holding confirmed return tickets on the 17th of December 2009. On arrival at the IGI airport Delhi, we did not receive 1 baggage under tag no. EK556293.

We filled immediately the Property Irregularity Report (PIR) for checked baggage besides the Baggage Inventory Form. We had already provided the original baggage identification tags to the Emirates representatives immediately on arrival at IGI Airport, New Delhi on 19 November.

We were told that our mishandled bag will be traced and restored to us within three working days but even after 17 days, the Emirates office staff (starting with Ritu Suri, Joshua, Olivia etc..) at IGI airport are clueless.

On December 06, 2009, I received a call from one Ms. Olivia that our bag had been traced in Dubai and the same would be restored to us the next day. To our extreme disappointment and dismay, an air bag belonging to some other person travelling from Beirut to Delhi via Dubai was delivered to me. This happened even as we had supplied each and every detail of the mishandled bag to the above mentioned Emirates representatives at the IGI airport in duly filled forms and through telephone and even a lay man could have visibly differentiate between the wrong bag delivered to us and bag specifications provided by me including physical appearance of the bag and Tag number.

I wonder how responsibly the ground staff of Emirates at IGI airport executed their job that instead of providing our lost bag, they delivered a wrong bag to us thus creating more difficulties for us and also to the person whose bag was delivered to us.

Given that we came to India for Eid Al Adha vacations and to attend weddings, all our Eid clothes and gifts are in the bag and the irresponsibility and deficiency in service of Emirates in delivering the bag No. EK556293 has caused extreme inconvenience and we have had to make many purchases to ensure that we are able to attend these personal functions. I am expecting that an airline of your calibre will address this issue on priority and ensure;

1. Prompt delivery of baggage (in good condition)
          2. Compensation for the purchases made to cover the delay in receiving the bag

I am a dedicated Emirates traveller but this is a really frustrating and irritating experience this time with Emirates. Even after our repeated follow-ups, we are told that the bag is still untraceable, which is not at all acceptable to us.

I expect assistance of the standard you claim to maintain. I am very disappointed and hence this written request to expedite the matter at the earliest. My Delhi contact number is + [protected] and Riyadh number is + 966 [protected].

Please find below my communication with the ground staff of Emirates at IGI airport, Delhi. This is in addition to our almost daily telephonic inquiries with the Emirates staff.

Thanks & Regards

Nisar A. Khan
          Senior Consultant
          Consulting Center for Finance and Investment (CCFI)
          P.O.Box 2462
          Riyadh - 11451
          KSA

• Th
          Thomas Sephton Feb 15, 2008

I am disappointed in the fact that I changed from another airline to fly emirates. I lost my luggage going to South Africa on flight EK 761 22 Jan 2008. I was 1 of about 8 others. Reporting this eventually resulted in me missing a connection flight as well because of the time delay and long cues at that counter.

On doing follow up calls to the emirates I was lied to at least once and that was when they decided to answer their phone which they don't seem like doing. I have had no response from them. Almost a month now and I have still heard nothing and don't expect to either.

Travelling back to Eastern Europe I once again had the misfortune to fly with them and lost my luggage again. The entity there booked it to Iran and at Dubai I determined that I was booked on a later flight too and would once again miss the transfer flight. I am not the only one that it happened to.

This is not acceptable to me and have requested that our Company no longer use emirates. I will at my own cost publish a detailed article in the Sunday news papers to warn others of this lousy setup.

I regret using this airline and will not recommend it.

• Ab
          abdul ghaffar shujath Jan 29, 2008

I and my familty travel from Dubai to Hyderabad by Emirates Airlines on 27/jan/08 Flight no. EK524 . from my baggage one JVC handycam movie camera has been missed. I want emirates airline should take immediate action and compensate me. I chosen air becuase I trust this is one of best air line but got bad experience. Your prompt action will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Abdulgaffar Shuath

• Mm
          M.Muhammed Asif Jan 07, 2008

Please Send My Member Card Urgent 5th time i registered But my Membership Card Is Not Sent To My Adress Please sent me my member card.

Thanx.

Emirates Airlinesscam and cheating!

This is the reference no. I received from emirates airlines newyork office. On oct.29/07 I submitted the complaint. Numerous telephone calls and telephone messages forwarded, but no reply at all. The worst thing is that nobody picks-up the telephone. Always comes a recorded message which is not helpful. This kind of response from an airlines which profess very good customer-service is unheard anywhere. Nobody is interested in solving the problem

• Mr
            mr.saleem.khawaja.mohibali Jan 08, 2008

firstly our bags were torn when we arrived in pakitan,they wrote down reports and gave them to us and told us to bring our bags back to the air-port office.Then nothing happened therefore we lost thee suit casses.Apon our return flight my duoghters buggy was lost, evetually they dellivered it to our house from gatwick airport in bits.on both cirrcumstances i was told somebody would be in touch with us ,but nothing happened.i have been flying with emirates for a long time with my family.my membership number is;[protected]. please resolve this problem.
            yours sincerly mr .s.k mohibali

jack stout Dec 28, 2007

emirate airlines have extremley bad customer service even thouh they proclaim it is good. I have traveled with various airlines between south africa and the uk and emirates is the worst by far. I was charged for a flight i had already paid for, my luggage didn't arrive on the same plane as me, infact it arrived 3 days later. All the planes i traveled on beween joburg to dubai to LHR were all late and subsequently i had to spend alot of money on a train ticket in london becasue i had missed my service. The worst thing is when you contact them they dont answer the phone and they dont reply to your emails. Ive been waiting over a month and still no reply!! i would discourage anyone from usin this airline!

Emiratesnightmare holiday!

I am writing regarding my family’s recent experience attempting to go on holiday. Our family holiday that we had been planning for over 5 months was completely ruined by the negligence of Emirates and incorrect advice given to me by the travel agent.

A few weeks after booking and paying for our holiday tickets and some accommodation (approximately mid April) we went to the travel agent that we used and asked about visas required for our trip, we advised that we were planning to travel overland from Thailand to Malaysia and then to Singapore and then again returning to Bangkok. We were advised that no visas were required for my wife as she was on a Fiji passport, we specifically asked about my Wife’s passport. As we did visit the agency some weeks later and we also asked (about the visas required), we took it for granted that their advise was correct. I also phoned Emirates and asked their advise regarding a Visa to Thailand, and was told it was not necessary on a Fiji passport for a visa for Thailand. I also phoned EMIRATES before our departure and faxed through our passport copies, we were told this was normal procedure, EMIRATES had knowledge that my wife was traveling on a Fiji passport for many months. I asked EMIRATES if my wife needed a visa, and I was told no visa required.

We had booked accommodation, paid for some of it. We had paid for transfers, airline tickets, train tickets, changed currency and purchased travel insurance.

On our departure I checked in online and a question regarding Advanced Passenger Screening came up, I entered the passport details and thought that everything was fine. I know what APS is, it is when the carries must check that the person entering the country must have the correct documentation. So when we checked in at Emirates Auckland Airport and nothing was mentioned by check in staff, I actually thought everything was fine. If we had been denied boarding I would have understood.

We had a very good flight over, and we must say that the service on the flight from AKL – SYD was exceptional. The food was excellent, the range of drinks offered good. I did not find the cabin cramped or seats any narrower than Air NZ (whom we travel frequently on). The ICE system was excellent and the crew were all friendly and helpful.

Things went wrong when we arrived in Bangkok, the immigration girl said we ‘need visa for Fiji passport’ and ‘no come Thailand’, I said that the travel agent said we did not need visa. We were taken to the immigration section and I explained that we were here for a holiday and showed them out tickets to Malaysia and Singapore. We asked if we could apply for a visa now we were here. We were given no answer. We were taken to the immigration supervisor (I think) and processed with a Chinese passport holder. We explained our planned trip and showed the tickets (again) and asked if we could apply for a visa. We were told to wait for Emirates staff. I THOUGHT THAT AS WE WERE CUSTOMERS OF EMIRATES THAT THE STAFF WOULD BE OF ASSISTANCE TO US, but NO. As the staff entered the office they greeted the immigration supervisor and completely ignored us. They told us that my wife was to be returned and I informed them as we had a baby with us we would not be separated. As a customer of Emirates we THOUGHT that they would be there to assist us, they were no help at all, they would not interpret to the immigration person when I asked, when I requested that the supervisor see me, he refused. Only when I asked ‘who shall I sue?’ did the supervisor speak to me over the phone, distancing EMIRATES from my problem, saying it was the problem only of the Auckland EMIRATES staff and that he could do nothing for me. Onboard the aircraft the announcements referred to Emirates Award Winning Service, there was no service for us on the ground at Bangkok. The Chinese national was seen by the Air China representative and given entry into Thailand, we were not given entry. The EMIRATES staff in Bangkok were of no assistance to us at all, saying it was all Auckland’s problem and not their problem. I explained to them that it is the same company and it is their problem. I am disgusted with the ground service in Bangkok on EMIRATES, all ground staff were completely useless and unhelpful, with the exception of 2 members. The first one being a young boy who was on the international transfer desk that day, he was as helpful and apologized about our bag loss, he was genuinely helpful. The other girl who was mildly helpful was the girl who apologized for losing our pram, but not for the predicament that the airline put us in.

My wife was detained, we were not offered to be put up in the Airport hotel, this was only offered after I confirmed it with a staff member in Auckland, and by that time we had spent over 9 hours in the Airport. We had an immigration and security personal with us constantly. We were treated like common criminals, when in-fact we were genuine tourists that wanted to contribute to the local economy.

Our bags were searched at the cabin bag screening point – when I had asked EMIRATES staff to check them in for me, I was accused of being a THIEF as we were given 2 packs of baby amenity kits and we had put them in our suitcase and our suitcase was bought to the hand luggage screening point, then I lost my ‘rag’ as the screening people called the EMIRATES staff to check my suitcase, I then explained – with voice raised, that EMIRATES had checked my wife in without checking her documentation and we had been in detention, and now on top of everything we were being accused of being thief’s, because we took what the airline had given us. Even when the airline staff came over to the screening point the screener tried to accuse us of stealing airline ‘property’ it was only when our guard stepped in and explained our side of the story to EMIRATES staff that they waived us through.

We were waiting for our bags to go onto the aircraft at the gate, the EMIRATES staff did not do anything until I insisted that the bags be stowed in the hold, then I had to check the tag receipt numbers were correct. Due to the fact we had not had any sleep in about 42 hours, I did not check the tag destination, only that the numbers matched. If I had not done that we may have never seen those bags again. On arrival in Auckland our bags were missing. Also lost from AKL – BKK was our baby pram. My Wife and I had to carry our child everywhere in Bangkok Airport.

We were frog-marched through the Airport in front of our peers, with deportation papers stapled to the outside of a large A4 envelope for everyone to see. We were absolutely HUMILIATED in front of everyone. In Sydney we were assisted and guarded every step of the way by staff – like a criminal. Why did this happen? Because we were given wrong advise regarding visas by the travel agent and EMIRATES. EMIRATES should have denied us boarding at Auckland, but due to their negligence we have lost out on our holiday.

We were not offered an upgrade on the return flight, even though we asked. We were offered 4 seats across the middle all the way to Auckland – BUT GUESS WHAT?? When we got back on the Aircraft at Sydney, there was someone sitting in one of the seats in that row. DISGRACEFUL! We were even paged when we got back to Auckland. The cabin crew did not have the discretion to look up the passenger list to find us, they just called out our names. DISGRACEFUL.

We have NEVER EVER been so ABSOLUTELY HUMILIATED in our lives. Even when my wife and I were accused of have a marriage of convenience by the New Zealand Immigration Service 11 years ago, they did it with some form of dignity and we were never treated this badly.

We are truly disappointed, distressed and humiliated regarding the way we were treated by EMIRATES staff with the exception of 1 person in Auckland. Our long haul trip and last planned long haul holiday for some years has been COMPLETELY RUINED by the negligence of EMIRATES check in staff and advise given us.

What we expected from EMIRATES is full compensation for what we had lost. If we were denied boarding in Auckland I would have changed the flight dates by a few days (costing $100NZD per change per ticket) and we would have applied to the Thailand Embassy in Wellington for a Visa. The $100 per ticket is what I am prepared to concede. EMIRATES have accepted that they were wrong to let my wife board the aircraft to fly to Bangkok. This they have accepted as they have had to pay a 20,000 baht fine. EMIRATES and their check-in staff are liable for costs incurred by us.

Our complaint to EMIRATES took 7 weeks to process and they offered us nothing. They are disgraceful. If I treated my guests as these people treat their customers I would be out of business with in 6 months.

Respond

Emirates Airlinenot helpful a nd rude

Hello,

My name is shensha bhimji; I have always picked emirates as the preferred airlines for travel to india. On november 17, I was supposed to return to usa from india I received a call in regards to a sand storm in dubai. I was quite upset, because I had already checked out of the place I was living. Since I had scheduled certain days in mumbai, I also had limited amount of money for expenditure. Due to this delay I had to find an american embassy that could lend me some money so that I can call my family to wire extra money to pay for the extended stay due to the flight delay. When I was on the phone talking with a emirates employee she gave me a tough time to get a flight back to my home country (Usa). I am very disappointed with such treatment especially from an emirates employee. I have always traveled with emirates and never thought I would get such bad service.

1 Response

Emirates Airlineterrible service and unreasonable rules!

I want to share my bad experience with Emerites Airline so everyone is on the watch-out. Emerites has a very unreasonable rule written in fine print. It says if you are not flying in the sequence as printed on your e-ticket, they will invalid your entire trip !!! For instance, if you fly from Bahrain to Dubai then to NJ, if something happens to you, like being caught in traffic, that you have to miss the flight from Bahrain to Dubai, even if you get on another flight to dubai to catch your connecting flight to NJ, you are not allowed to board unless you pay substantial amount of money to Emirates. This does not make any sense at all. Besides the Emirates agents in both Bahrain and Dubai airports are so unprofessional and unwilling to help. They even pointed figures to female passenger. Next time you have to choose an airline, better avoid Emirates. You will be glad that you did.

6 Responses
                • Po
                  positivepeople Jan 31, 2009

Fog unfortunately is a big problem at dubai especially as the seasons change. As you complained that no food was available because you had already been served the food that would have been available and you must remember that aircraft dont have an unlimited amount of food and drink on board.

Muscat is a small airport and so to cater for 6 Emirates aircraft would not have been possible. `please think logically when you complain.

considering there are 100's of lights arriving and departing if those aircraft are redistributed or cancelled then there is a operational nightmare as aircraft aren't were they are supposed to be. Because of legality with crew and flight deck, flights which cause the most headaches such as direct jfk or flights to australia where the flying time is 14 hours are given priority ...especially as most of these flights have 4 sectors of stranded passengers. This takes time to get aircraft back from there alternate destinations and ready to depart. Im sorry your flight was delayed for so long but your flight is 5.30 hrs.

As mentioned before you have to remember that ground staff have to deal with thousands of miserable people at times like these and I bet no one says thank you or please...just full a head with accusations of lies et etc.

It hardly encourages them to help you. Ground staff are also just following orders from those in charge of operations and this includes ground service managers.

When ground staff have the information it is passed on as quickly as possible.

Everyone seems to think that if you dont get answers they are being personally vindicated...PEOPLE GROW UP AND THINK BEFORE YOU MOUTH OFF...AS YOU FOUND OUT...IT GETS YOU KNOW WHERE.

REMEMBER THOSE PEOPLE YOUR SHOUTING AT AND ABUSING ARE HUMAN PEOPLE...WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF THAT WAS YOUR FAMILY MEMEBER.

• Kj
                  KJS Aug 29, 2008

I read the comment and saw several things wrong. First the passenger should have been taken care of, this is the responsibility of the airlines when they take your money. They need to plan for situations like this especially if happens alot. Right?
                  Second, the person writting the response should check the English of the complaintant. That is British English not American! Don't automatically assume that because it is English it is American. Yes we should all learn to realize there are more than ourselves in this world. At the same time realize that when you provide a service then you should do everything possible to make that service strong or not have a job in the future.

• Da
                  Danielle Apr 30, 2008

American people always complain about everything, it is the passenger's responsibility to arrive airport on time, not the airline's. ma'am your complaint is pointless. Blame it on you.

Tom Apr 15, 2008

Fogue is a very big issue for Emirates. And Emirates loses lots of money on one single fogue day, and people should be patient and understanding, sometimes wrong things happen to the wrong people, well sometimes things go out of control, why not thinking in a positive way, if any of the ground staff were rude to you all u have to do is report them, bcoz they know very well what will hapen in case they mishandle customers, you should also keep in mind that these are human beings who work 12 hours a day and they meet different kinds of " customers " with different acts and way of thinking and talking and treating people.

Well if each one of us think that he's not the only one living on this earth the world will be a better place to live in. We have to stop being full of our selves.

By the way its DXB not DBX!!!

• Wa
                  Wahidullah Apr 08, 2008

I am going to write a gain regardin my laggage lost while i was traveling from Indonesia to Duabi and then kabul, i havent received any feedbak from any one ever since, can some one give me the right email address or phone call so i can contact to find my bludy bag, i had so many important documents in that, please...

Tom Griese Nov 20, 2007

Horror Trip with Emirates from Bangkok to Hamburg 16/17/18 of Nov, 2007

Nice blog to read because I never thought that such an unbelievable experience could ever happen to me anyway... but when I go through these different mails I understand better the Way Emirates acts... in short words: Make as much money as possible and do not care about any customers requirements... we were really not alone during last weekend at Dubai. punished by absolute incompetent, arrogant and rough treatment of Emirates Ground staff and also by Dubai Information Center.

Also interesting to read the “well well well” mail from a member of Emirates board staff

Does it clearly show how the attitude of the employees of Emirates to their “customers”(passengers pay your income!!!) is and how they think , behave and care... further I noticed unacceptable English knowledge and low education... verified by my experiences with Emirates Staff Members during my unintended stay at Dubai during last weekend.

Here is the Story:

We were booked on
                  EK385 Economy 17th of Nov, 2007 BKK TO DBX
                  Dept 01.30 Arr.05.00

EK205 Economy 17thof Nov, 2007 DBX TO HAM
                  Dept 08.55 Arr 12.55

Departure Bangkok right in time, we were informed by the Captain in the early morning hours that Dubai Airport cannot be reached due to Fog (??) or stormy weather, that we would have to land at Muskat and wait for better conditions.
                  We had been already 5 hours on the plane and did not even get a Breakfast. After landing the aircraft stood 6 hours at Muskat. We couldn’t leave the plane, the information flow way quite thin and we did not even get any beverage. Finally some passengers went to the kitchen to ask for water, which they got and distributed by themselves. In the meantime the Captain said that it would be difficult to arrange catering service for such a large numbers of passengers shortly. In the Bord Menu Card Breakfast was mentioned but latest during the Airport hours at Muskat it became quite clear that there was no breakfast on board... means considered as a night flight by Emirates they do not even plan beverage and breakfast to the passengers. Looking out of the window meanwhile we could see 8 Emirates Aircrafts standing at Muskat waiting for further instructions.

After these 6 hours we took off again and landed at Dubai 1 hour later. No need to say that the connecting flight probably also did not start , but we couldn’t find on the information display panel EK 205 . No gate, no time... nothing. Checking with the Dubai Information Center we learned that Dept will be 1700 and we should check the panel constantly... Boarding cards are still valid. So we had to wait and starred at the expected changes.

When it became 1600 we asked again and where informed again 1700 Departure. Still no gate, no time on the panel. When it became 1630 we become quite nervous due to running out of time and asked the Information Center again. Still he said 1700 ( no gate no time on the panel). After 1700 still the same answer... we decided to check with Emirates Office. The funny thing is that there is no Emirate Office except the business and first class lounge.

So we went into the lounge and had to meet a lot of embarrassed and upset passengers asking for information. One older Gentleman shouted at an Emirates employee that he told him 11 times the same lie and he wants to speak to a competent manager answer: The manager is not on service. Several also economy passengers complaint heavily to the staff getting no answers. After strong and unfortunately loud protest (normally not my style but here it’s a must) we are told by an unfriendly Emirates Lady that the flight is probably delayed and we should check the display panel!!!

Frustrated we returned to panel and saw to our surprise suddenly JFK New York which was the following destination of EK 205 after Hamburg boarding 20.30. So we moved to the Gate and waited with a lot of unsatisfied passengers listening to their experiences of the day.

You will not believe what happened then...

Time 1930... 2000... 2015... boarding 20.30 blinked... a man sitting a the counter and wait the same way we did (crowded area in front of the gate) and suddenly the blink stopped and he disappeared with out any words. It was a tumult situation of a lot of people shouting after him... and a big crowd moved to the lounge again. The scenes there are nearly indescribable... an American Lady shouted all over the people that the does not want to sleep another night on the ground of the airport and asked for immediate clarification when her flight will go... she got a lot of applause, women crying, enraged people shouting to the staff... business dates could not be fulfilled... etc etc.

After a while we got trough to the same Emirates unfriendly Lady who now informed us that we will have to change our boarding cards to tomorrow, but we are “only economy” and so have to check at the economy counter. Until then we didn't even know that there was an economy counter and she sent us to Gate 7 for clarification. We reached there round about 2100 but no one was there so we returned to the lounge, waited and asked again. Now we were sent to Gate 18... and this is such a horrible place nobody can imagine.

Understandable that this room is n o t located at the so “beautiful” Dubai Airport with all the luxury shops and offers but in the first floor over Gate 18 in a very bad condition with “ emirates economy counters”. Hundred of People where standing in front of the counters squeezed like a audience in a rock concert. Children, old people, handicapped and what ever, nobody takes care. The Emirates employees behind the counters work so slowly, unfriendly and arrogant that the impression of harassment cannot be debarred ( because this is “only” economy). Old people fall down because they cannot stand such a long time, push to the front was apparently essential, consideration not to be seen.

Short example (there are a lot more) a French group presented 15 Passports asking for new boarding cards... the Emirate female employee changed 14 board cards and went to break for about an hour. The people had to stand in this rows hours and hours, some times it takes more then half an hour to change one single board card only.

What can I say, I stood there from 1000pm to 0600am next morning, means 8 hours and finally my girlfriend came off and needed another hour until we received bloody simple boarding cards after total 9 hours of waiting. Think a lot of passenger couldn't make it just because they were too late for boarding. Ultimately we got out aircraft Sunday morning and reached Hamburg Sunday the 18th of November, 2007 after more the 60 Hours without sleep and minimum beverage and food.

Trying to complain here in Hamburg at Emirates is not possible, because the phone Number, the Fax Number and the e-mail address is wrong and even checking with the local Airport Press effected no different results.

For me and my girlfriend it is quite simple to tell our final decision after this weekend of pain:

FLY EMIRATES ???

NO, NEVER AGAIN!

Arab Emirates Airline Luggage Handlerstolen keys

I have travelled from kuala lumpur to istanbul via dubai on the 12 of november 2007 via flight ek352. I have a bag that is meant to be check at luugage but was asked to be checked in instead. When I arrive in istanbul, I realized that my car (Mercedez) key along with my other set of keys has been stolen! Emirates should do something to solve this issue!

6 Responses
                  • Da
                    David Aug 14, 2008

Mark Devilliers

Clearly you are speaking absolute sh*t, or you are a complete ###... you decide. Was that the value in Zimbabwe dollars or what? If this really happenned as you claim, then my only comment would be "serves you right for being so DUMB"...

Stop making bogus accusations on this site. The readers are not as dumb as you are...

• Zi
                    Ziad Feb 05, 2008

Just faced the same experience on a flight from Dubai to Houston and now more then a week and still emirates cannot find my bag. I called many time and all they have is an answering machine wherre you keep your name and number hoping and praying that someone will call back but of course no one cares.
                    I am flying with them for the last 9 years and holding a gold membership but for them it doesn't matter.
                    A friend of mine faced the same experience with British airways coming from Dubai to New york, and they paid him 1000 $ to buy cloth until they will find his bag.
                    Emirates earned their reputation because of their new airplanes, but the service is very very very bad.

• Mu
                    Muhammad Bilal Khalid Jan 26, 2008

I travelled from Istanbul to Karachi on 17th Jan 08 and foound my bag missing... Besides clothing, it carried my keys, and a no of very important official documents and my computer external hared disk..

Today after a lapse of 2 weeeks its still missing with no information...

I fully agree that this is the worst airline of the world with no realization of peoples' problems and the difficulty passangers have to face...

Mark Devilliers Jan 10, 2008

I lost by baggage while travelling fron London Heathrow to Dubai. In my bag i had my wifes jewelery which had diamond and gold rings which were worth about $150,ooo and i lost $62000 cash! I am awfully angry and disgusted by an airline which is meant to be the best inthe world but is now probably worst and should close down!!! And when you call their office its always on hold!

• Ab
                    Abdullah Chaalan Dec 17, 2007

Many peopel told me very bad stories about emirates airline
                    and I didn't belive that, but now I am sure 100% . I am in the honey moon without any clothes or any things, just because the emirates airline missing my baggage and every time you call thirs office they say to you "so sorry sir you have to waite" now I am in 4th days in my honey moon and the baggage still missing. Also last month I came back from HongKong to Damascus but my 2 baggages missing for 35 hours.

So my opinion is no one trus with this airline!

• Ge
                    George Yu Nov 17, 2007

Better avoid this airline. I have heard a lot of bad stories about it. Emirates Airline is the worst airline in the mid east. It does not care what the passengers need. Yes, it has a lot of money to throw away but it will never be an major airline with such bad reputation.

Emirates Airlinesbad food on emirates airlines!

My family, including my wife, two daughters aged 7 and 2 1/2 year and a son aged 11 months, traveled from toronto, ca to dubai, uae via emirates on october 31, 2007. As soon as my family reached dubai, first my daughter aged 2 1/2 year fell sick and starting vomiting and had diarrhea. Later she developed fever. On the second day, my son fell sick with same symptoms... Now my eldest daughter as well as my wife is showing the same symptoms...

My wife also mentioned that the service on emirates flight was terrible as well and the seats on the flight were too cramped. My wife actually delayed he departure from toronto after hearing the news that emirates is starting its non-stop flight from toronto to dubai but it has been utter disappointment.

Is there anyone else who felt sick on flight ek242 from toronto to dubai on october 31, 2007.

Thanks...

• Po
                      positivepeople Jan 30, 2009

As a frequent traveller you should know better than most that you must report to checkin more than 40 minutes before departure. Checkin for all international flights is open 3hours before departure and traffic situation is not uncommon and you should have planned accordingly.

Frequent flyer points dont give you the permission to turn up late and is not an excuse. When you joined the programme it doesnt say upggrade, use of lounges oh and checkin in when you want.

• Wf
                      W. Fernando Dec 02, 2008

I have been travelling with Emirates for quite a numbe of years and as a result of that I am holding a Gold Skywards card EK106925000.

I was late to the check in desk yesterday (1/12/2008) by 5 minutes and they refused to let me in. i explained to them that I left at 12:10pm from Sharjah to catch the 14:45 plane to London Gatwick. I was stranded in the traffic and eventually got to the Air port at 14:05. I had to pay £75 to take the next flight to Heathrow where my baggage didn't arrive and my belongings including my company pass and the laptop and all the essential items are not available for me. I cannot go to work and I am losing money. So far no calls from the Airline office about my baggage.

I am obviously very disaapointed and demanding compensation.

The standards of the Emirates Airlines is diminishing and as a frequesnt traveller I am looking for other options

Emirates Airlines — interview fraud

This complaint is against the head of the recruitment team of emirates airlines who often advertise on their...

Emirates — theft in checked-in baggage

I am most disappointed and disgruntled traveler, who has very recently traveled from New York to Delhi via...

Emiratesicy cabin!

My husband and I have often flown with Emirates. We endured the small seats and we take enough warm clothes because of the low temperatures in the cabin.
                    However, on flight EK419 from Sydney to Dubai, 6.10.07, the temperature in the cabin (economy) was unbearable. Inspite of 5 layers of clothing plus the blankets I was stiff from freezing and many other people complained too - young and old. As a result, I arrived sick at my destination.

We don't want to fly Emirates again, unless there is evidence of proper cabin temperature.

• Co
                        CoolCabin Jul 27, 2011

Cabin temperature msut be cool as warm cabins are very uncomfortable and can cause panic attacks. I suggest you either don't fly Emirates again or you pack some warmer clothes. And by the way, please avoid BA too as a lot of us use it because the cabin is cool.

Emiratesflight stopovers to dubai

When I was departing frankfurt to go to melbourne we left frankfurt to go to dubai then from dubai we went to melbourne which takes 13 hours!!! Now my complaint is why dont you do frankfurt dubai then dubai singapore no from frankfurt you dont do frankfurt dubai dubai singapore you do frankfurt dubai dubai melbourne I want you to change this I am a young boy now I hope you listen to this complaint do something about it!!! From a angry young boy

1 Response

Emirates Airlines — lost luggage!

I traveled from Thailand to Dubai on July 26th, on a holiday of a lifetime! As in I mean, I spent well, as a...

Emirates Airlines — poor customer service

On monday 3rd of september 2007 I flew on ek 30 from london heathrow to dubai. I checked in online on the...

Emirates Airlinesmissing stroller and swiss knife!

My wife traveled from Delhi-Dubai-Birmingham on 5th August 2007 with two children aged 8 years and 3 years. At the time of collecting baggage at Birmingham International Airport found Stroller/Pram and Swiss knife are missing. She inquired at the lost baggage counter and lodged a former complaint regarding missing stroller and swiss knife. She was told by the Baggage Claims Emirates person that things will be send to our home address in Birmingham with in 5 days...

We waited for 4-5 days and found no news from them... After that we tried to contact at Birmingham I.Airport - Emirates baggage claim counter but everytime their phone was engaged. Ultimately we got somebody and told him/her about problem.They said soon they are going to send things. After few days we got a call from some body in the night by 10.30pm by saying that he is going to deliver stroller at our place by 11.30-12.00 pm in the night. I told him that he can leave stroller at the Concierge of our building because it will be too late and next day i had to go to work in the morning by 6 am.

Then in the morning we found it was wrong stroller and no swiss knife... Then we tried to call at Birmingham I Airport office and then at London Emirates - Baggage claim office and told them about wrong stroller delivered. They said they are going to find our stroller and going to send some body to pick wrong stroller from our place. So after few days somebody from Airport picked that stroller from our place and did not deliver our stroller... But since then there is no news of our stroller and swiss knife...

We are disgusted by Emirates Airlines attitude and thinking not to fly with Emirates in future but we want our things...

My name-- Rajiv Singh Nama
                        My wife's name ---Bhawana Singh Nama
                        Flight no EK039 , Baggage no -- EK 071840
                        My add and phone no-- 51 Shenstone Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham B16 OPT, Great Britain
                        [protected], [protected]

• De
                            DEVUNURI SATYANARAYANA Dec 25, 2007

I travelled 19th December Baku to Dubai by Azer air lines and my connecting flight is Emirates EK 504 on 20 th Dec form Dubai to Mumbai. I have not received my baggage and I lodged complaint on same day. The file reference number is BOMEK16627/20 Dec07/0352GMT. Kindly let us know the status.

Tony Leonard Oct 22, 2007

I also had a terrible experience with Emirates Airlines regarding changing name on my wife's name on the ticket, which was booked in her married name, but unfortunately we realized shortly after the booking her old passport still had her maiden name, we had all the necessary official documentation to prove shed had changed her name but this was apparently not acceptable, and I was informed that I would be charged the sum of £200.00 for a simple name change. How can this charge be justified. As I had paid the full amount there was nothing I could do, I had to either accept the charge or lose the cost of three international flights.

The Emirates staff where totally in flexible and rude, with no customer service. I was virtually held to ransom. I am a frequent flier and I have never being treated so badly by an airline and my travel agent Travel mood.

I would advise anyone to avoid both of these companies at all cost.
                            You can not even complain to Emirates as there is no web site available for a complaints procedure.

Regards
                            Tony Leonard

Emiratesdenied boarding and behaviour of ground staff

On 4 August 2007, we were booked on flight EK 0725 at 10:00am from Dubai to Dar es Salaam.

We arrived at the airport in good time, around 2 hours before departure. Inside the check-in area, we tried to use the electronic check-in terminals, but the machine aborted the electronic check-in process without producing a boarding pass or giving any further information. After asking Emirates staff we were told to queue at the check-in counters.

Progress in the queue was very slow, not least since Emirates check-in staff were continuously calling other passengers (for flights to Karachi, Manila, etc., many with big families and large amounts of luggage) to come forward and push in in front of us. When we asked various Emirates staff about the flight to Dar es Salaam, we were told to stay in the queue.

Eventually, around 9:25am, we inquired – yet again – about flight EK 0725 to Dar es Salaam. By then Emirates staff Emirates staff told us that our flight had been closed, and there was no chance of us getting on it, despite the fact that (i) we were booked on that flight, (ii) had fully paid tickets, and (iii) had been there on time.

Emirates staff did not offer a single word of apology. Instead, adding insult to injury, one employee first accused us of having arrived late – which we denied, but he insisted – seeking to shift any responsibility away from him and Emirates Airline, and on to us. This claim is manifestly untrue, as there is a record of us having arrived on time.

When requesting to speak to the superior of the Emirates staff , we were told that the two of them were each other bosses – which cannot be true and was patently an intentional misinformation to prevent us from appealing to a superior level.

Emirates staff then alleged, with voice raised, that he had called out the Dar es Salaam flight. The fact is that neither us, nor – independently from us, in a different part of the queue – four other travelers from the United States (who also found themselves grounded) had heard or noted anything. There is no Public Address system in the check-in area of Dubai International Airport. The fact that we did not hear it was supposedly due to our own stupidly.

In one word, Emirates staff addressed our complaints about denied boarding by first aggressively refusing any responsibility, and then accusing us of lying and stupidity, and finally telling us to go away.

They then looked into the IT system, to see whether we could be booked onto the flight to Dar es Salaam on the next day (5 August 2007). On that occasion, they noticed that we were indeed checked-in through the electronic system, which had, however, aborted the check-in procedures. The record showed unambiguously that we had tried to check in at 8:39am, a long time before the closure of the flight.

We were then informed that we were put on stand-by for the flight on the next day (5 August), leaving us, in effect, stranded at Dubai Airport. We were note offered any accommodation and told to leave and come back next morning at 8:00am.

Eventually, we managed to get hold of the acting manager and superior who, after establishing that there was indeed a record of us having been there on time, recognized that ours was a case of denied boarding and he arranged for hotel and food vouchers to be given to us, and reassured us that we would get onto the Dar es Salaam flight on 5 August 2007.

To get to this point, i.e. a proper handling of a case of denied boarding in line with the most basic standards of reputable international airlines, had required three hours of hard arguments, untiring patience and continuous politeness on our part in the face of false accusations and unprofessional and abusive behavior on the part by Emirates staff.

On the next morning, 5 August 2007, when we arrived at Dubai airport at 8:00am, we were told by Emirates staff that the flight to Dar es Salaam was fully booked AGAIN and that instead we would be flown to Nairobi and then on to Dar es Salaam – which was, however, of no use, as we would have missed our (by that time already rescheduled) onward flight from Dar es Salaam.

Eventually, we were booked onto the Emirates flight to Nairobi, and then on an onward flight to our final destination. This rebooking necessitated a 7-hour stopover at Nairobi airport, and further stressful re-bookings with Emirates/Kenya Airways staff, rescheduling with our travel agent in Europe, as well as further queuing and seemingly endless waiting at Nairobi airport. Incidentally, assurance given by Emirates staff in Dubai that we had reservations for the onward flight from Nairobi turned out to be untrue.

Our experience with Emirates Airline, especially with the ground staff at Dubai International Airport, made a complete mockery of the words of Emirates Group Chairman and Chief Executive, Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum: “We never forget that only by maintaining our service standards can we hope to retain [the] business [of our loyal customers].” (Annual Report 2006/07). The severe shortcomings of Emirates service during this incident caused us not only significant physical and emotional stress, they also cut short our holiday by 1 day, forced us to rearrange programmed activities and compelled us to involuntarily spend time in Dubai and later on at Nairobi airport.

I am awaiting a response from Emirates (UAE) and Emirates (Germany).

Gabriel Glöckler
                          Frankfurt am Main, GERMANY

• Sh
                              Shaun Parry Jan 25, 2008

I left a very important book on a flight either from Chennai to Dubai or Dubai to Nairobi on Christmas day. It was a years worth of entries which comprise the bulk of the rough draft of a book I am writing. I spent hours running around the airport trying to get help and got the run around until 4 hours later I had to catch my flight. It is a black and white composition book with my name on the front with 100 pages of hand written material inside. I hope they read this, check their lost and found records and contact me about it. I don't know where else to turn.

Emirates Airlinesno refund for lost baggage

I departed LHR Wednesday night for Dubai where my luggage was supposed to be copy tagged for the onward trip to Jeddah but one bag did not arrive. Jeddah can give me no info, Dubai said they did not load the bag and so it is important to at lease locate it. The bag contains some highly important medication which I need in the near future and can not longer carry as hand luggage due to security measures. The file number is EKJED 24219 the bag is grey, with a purple tie on the handle and a green egg shape logo on the side. It is a pull along bag. The bag is tagged with my wife's name, Arundell Jayne. I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible as I do need the medication (it keeps me alive). Many thanks Neil Hugo
                            My husband and I are still waiting to find out where our missing bag is as it is now 12 days. I can't believe that they have simply 'lost' it.

Tommaso vanzi Dec 10, 2007

It has now been a week and 1 day since i left Auckland NZ to go to Rome. I checked in two bags and only one is in my possession now. these ### after a week of searching still haven't found my bag with all my clothes and stuff in it. and during this week these so called ### made my and my dad go all around the place (airports, courier, my nannas place) to look for these bags and having no confirmation that they were there. my poor old dad argues with a different ### every morning, lunch and night. We have been informed by the customer service phone, to call all these different numbers and there I sent ever any answer, (or there on holiday, or in a meting or getting a coffee), I personally thing hat they are too scared to tell me my bag is lost.

Now me and my dad are on a mission to hammer over the phone Mr Calvarese the head of department Emirates in Rome, Miss Paglia, Miss Laura, ecc. I had 1410 euro worth of clothier in my bag and these cheeped ### will only give my 100 euro and 47 cents to replace my stuff. I really hope for the sake of humanity that this comment will put some scenes in these chicken brains.

Have a wonderful x-mas and happy new year.

Tommaso Vanzi.

• Mu
                                Muthu Uday Kumar Raju Sep 15, 2007

I travelled by Emirates from Khartoum on 12 Sep 2007 by EK 734 and reached Chennai (Madras) on 13 Sep 2007 by EK544 .My two checked in baggages had not arrived at Chennai on 13 Sep 2007 .I was told that the airlines would send it to Bangalore .Today is 15 Sep 2007 and I am yet to recieve my baggage .I travelled in J class (business) through out the journey .
                                My baggage tags are EK 679744 and EK679743

Please let me know as to how can I claim compensation as the Emirates people at Chennia and Bangalore are refusing to pay any compensation .

Emirates Airlines — poisoned food

Emirates customer services Gloucester park 95 cromwell road London Sw7 4dl Dear sirs Flight ek407, melbourne...

Emirates Air Linescomplaint of jewelry theft in checked in baggage.

Sub: - complaint of jewelry theft in checked in baggage.

I was traveling by emirates flight no ek & ndash; 502 dubai & ndash; mumbai on 16 august. I have checked in the big 32 kg baggage initially. But before boarding the plane the emirates officer fixed a tag on my hand carry luggage and took it away from me. The tag no given to me for this bag was ek 265731 with barcode.

On arrivalat mumbai airport I got my baggage with the lock in place. After coming home when I opened the lock and the bag it was found that the following items were missing from it :-
                              • four gold bangles : - weight 27 grams with the receipt.
                              • one set of earrings : - small baby earrings.
                              • one titan edge watch.
                              This matter is serious as I have a doubt on the baggage handling staff at dubai airport, they have the access to see x-ray of the baggage and they picked up all the valuables from my bag.

Syed muntajeebuddin

Mahendra Panchal Oct 31, 2008

I GOT AN APPOINTMENT LETTER FROM UK JOB. REF. NO E.A.G./GFP/UK 114-08. IWOULD LIKE TO RECONFIRM IT IS TRUE OR FACK. FOR PROCEDING ALL DOCUMENT THE UK TRAVEL AGENT ASKING FOR 1200 GBP POUND. I WORKED MANY COUNTRY BUT NO ONE DEMAND FOR ANY TYPE OF CHARGES FOR PROCEDING ANY DOCUMENTS. OLS. LET ME KNOW THE FACT AND GUIDE ME FOR FURTHER STEPS. THANKING YOU, MAHENDRA PANCHAL

• So
                                  sonia Sep 15, 2008

I recently returned from a trip to Dubai. One of my suitcases never arrived at my final destination. The airline can't even trace whether it left Dubai airport. It was a suitcase with most of my expensive shopping. I suspect my bag was stolen since I opened it infront of a porter who are known to be lookouts to inform the baggage handlers which bag to steal. I just find it strange that my 4 other pieces arrived and the one piece that had the expensive items didn't. I would accept perhaps it got lost if airline can tell me that yes it did leave Dubai airport but they can't. I have heard from many others with similar experiences. I think this is a real shame for Dubai. I plan to on writing to the tourism minister to complain about the number of thefts occuring at this airport. I wouldn't consider vacationing in Dubai again because of this experience. I encourage everyone who has has similar experience at Dubai airport or with Emirates airline to write to him as well. Maybe if enough people write he would consider taking action.