Electrolux India / extremely poor service and no response!

1 India Review updated:

I had bought an Electrolux front loading washing machine more than a year ago. This machine is still under a 2-yr warranty period. The machine developed some fault and a complaint was registered with the Electrolux service center on 28th Aug. The service engineer from Electrolux turned up on 28th Aug and diagnosed the problem as faulty timer and said the timer will be replaced within one week

I have called at least 10 times, calls made to various people including senior service executives but there has been no response. After 3 weeks of delay from 28th Aug I was told that the model has been decommissioned, the spare parts are not available and the machine will be replaced with an equivalent model. It has been more than a month since this happened. No one has taken the responsibility to even call me up and inform on the status.

Would advise earnest citizens not to go for an Electrolux machine if the need arises!

Comments

9th of Dec, 2007

I have a front loading Machine and it was good all these days. But now there has been a problem and the service engineer says that this machine is absolute and the motor cannot be replaced. Can I get to know if thats true.

I am at Bangalore and the service center doesn't bother to pick the call or send some engineer home. Can I get some solution.

• Na
      24th of Mar, 2008

I am fully agree with you. I had also purchase washy talky but the machine is hope less, and moreover their is no aftersale service by the company.

Actually now the company is not bothering about their customers, i thik they had changed their policy. Now they are thinking to one time selling only so they are not willing to send their service person after sale. I am alsop suffering from same problem since two years. Now i am planning to go to consumer court. I think this is the last way.

27th of Apr, 2008

I have recently purchased an Electrolux AC. While I have paid up the money two weeks back it still has to be installed. Every day the service personnel assure me they will come in that day and don't land up. On being called after waitng for them, they say they've forgotten, they are busy, they have other work. Finally after a lot of talking, they have told me that installation is not their job and it is the customer's onus. they have also had the audacity to tell me to get it installed and they will send one of their people to inspect the installation and see if they can sign the warranty for me.

The company is only interested in making the sale and taking your money. There is no accountability or sense of responsibility once they've got it

• Ka
      17th of Aug, 2009

I wonder how a consumer godds company works with such a poor customer care service in a country like India.
    I lodged a complaint regarding my washing machine in Mathura (u.P.) .A man came from service centre to see it, in three days But did not turn up to repair it even in 10 days.
    Kaushalendra yadav

• Le
      9th of Apr, 2011

Very Poor service... the customer care executives do not know what they are saying...very badly trained...they commit something and do exactly te opposite...

worst service ever!!!