eDreams / service and refunds

1 Barcelona, Spain

20 dec I booked a flight with edreams for ba gatwick to madrid and as soon as I received confirmation I booked a connecting flight from madrid to nice for my daughter and partner.
As soon as they arrived at the desk (within minutes) they were told the ba flight had been cancelled for some time.
Edreams took my booking and payment for a cancelled flight.
I had to pay for them to overnight in a hotel and booked an alternative flight for the next day.

Over the course of 2 weeks I tried on numerous occasions to phone customer service at edreams. Average time 20 minutes.
I could not find a claim form on-line.
In desperation in not being able to speak to anyone, I wrote on 3 january an email with my claim, asking to send me a claim form if necessary.

For the next 3 weeks I have emailed full details and receipts and received automated responses.
On wednesday 23 jan I received an email asking me to phone customer service

I tried.
Yesterday I got through and finally spoke to a supervisor. The 'systems' were down and they were unable to help but
Ahmet ashokan promised to phone me back today.
He did not.
I have just phoned customer service again and of course was unable to speak to ahmet.
I spoke to keshalv at around 17:00. He told me they had approved to refund only the one ticket gatwick to madrid and it will take up to 6 weeks.
When I asked about my other expenses he said I must complete a claim form - which I could not find on-line and asked for by email.
He promised to transfer me to a manager.
I held on
And on
And was cut off after being on the phone for 58 minutes.
Still no satisfaction.

Edreams customer service operation is dreadful.
I am out of pocket by over £2200 but they theoretically have approved a refund of 1300 euros.

I am most unhappy.
I am most frustrated.
I have spent over 4 hours on the phone trying to sort this out.
They do not read nor action emails.
I tried to find an address and persons name so my solicitor can write to you but that also seems impossible.

Are they such a big company that they do not care about their customers?

How can I received my refund for all my out of pocket expenses incurred because edreams took my booking for a cancelled flight???

Athena robinson