National Park Reservations Logo

National Park Reservations

Having problems with National Park Reservations?

1855 260 1738 (Customer Service)
+1 406 552 1704 (International)
+1 855 238 0515 (Acadia National Park, ME)
+1 855 238 0510 (Arches National Park, UT)
+1 855 245 1294 (Saratoga Spa State Park, NY)
+1 855 245 1287 (Badlands National Park, SD)
+1 855 584 5295 (Big Bend National Park, TX)
+1 855 584 5296 (Bryce Canyon National Park, UT)
+1 855 684 3404 (Canyon De Chelly, AZ)
+1 855 866 1908 (Crater Lake National Park, OR)
+1 855 866 1910 (Death Valley National Park, CA)
+1 855 245 1289 (Denali National Park, AK)
+1 855 684 3402 (Glacier National Park, MT)
+1 855 866 1912 (Grand Canyon National Park, AZ)
+1 855 684 3403 (Grand Teton National Park, WY)
+1 855 245 1288 (Isle Royale National Park, MI)
+1 855 245 1290 (Joshua Tree National Park, CA)
+1 855 866 1916 (Lake Cumberland State Park, KY)
+1 855 684 3398 (Lake Havasu, AZ)
+1 855 584 5298 (Lake Powell / Glen Canyon, AZ)
+1 855 289 4625 (Lake Tahoe, CA/NV)
+1 855 584 5290 (Mesa Verde National Park, CO)
+1 855 684 3406 (Monument Valley, AZ)
+1 855 238 0514 (Mount Rushmore, SD)
+1 855 245 1292 (North Cascades National Park, WA)
+1 855 584 5293 (Olympic National Park, WA)
+1 855 238 0512 (Redwood National Park, CA)
+1 855 238 0513 (Rocky Mountain National Park, CO)
+1 855 584 5294 (Sequoia / Kings Canyon National Park, CA)
+1 855 238 0506 (Shasta Lake, CA)
+1 855 584 5292 (Shenandoah National Park, VA)
+1 855 866 1913 (Yellowstone National Park)
+1 866 875 8456 (Yosemite National Park, CA)
+1 855 866 1914 (Zion National Park, UT)
+1 855 238 0508 (Canada, Jasper National Park)
+1 855 238 0507 (Canada, Waterton Lakes National Park)
+1 855 238 0509 (Canada, Banff Lake & Louise National Parks)
112 Cooperative Way
Kalispell, Montana
United States - 59901-2386

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with National Park Reservations.

Complaints & Reviews

US Park Lodging / National Park Reservations — Deceptive advertising

Of course, with a name like US Park Lodging and National Park Reservations the average consumer believes they...

National Park ReservationFraud

I used this site to book a lodge In Yosemite Park. Please beware this is an agency that charges 10% booking fees which are not disclosed at the time of room reservation. I tried to cancel the reservation and none was refundable. Don't use this agency. Go directly to the hotel website to book.

• Ta
      tarobon Aug 03, 2015

Yes, this site is fraud. I made a reservation but they never booked the hotel and called them it's not refundable.

National Parks Reservations Inc,Not part of park system reservations

Was looking for glacier national park hotel-reservations, website national parks reservations inc, came up. It looked like an official site. Do not be fooled, they charge a fee and I booked the great bear inn that was advertised as an inn just outside the park and hiking in the park is outside your door. It is actually a 10 min drive outside the park, in a residential neighborhood, on a dirt road, and worst of all it is a house with two cabins on a 1 acre lot. It is a bed and breakfast not an inn. National parks reservations inc, is deceptive in all aspects and refused to refund any of my money. After I saw the place and refused to stay there.

National Parks Reservation — Scam

National parks reservation is a deceptive company designed to lure unsuspecting travelers. It is designed in...

National Park Reservations — 10% Non-Refundable Fee

I attempted to make a reservation for the Yosemite Falls Lodge for May 2012. Yosemite Lodge was not...

National Park ReservationsCharge me and not providing service

This company charged me for my reservation. When I try to change my reservation date, I called them 3 times and no body answer the phone. So I left a detail message directed by their VM system, gave them the detail contact info, reason of calling and why I want to change reservation date. Within one day, they cancel my reservation by sending me an email but what I really wanted was to adjust my reservation date, which I mentioned in the VM multiple times. I called them many times, left them 3 VM and no body answer. Later I found out they charged me for the reservation fee and never really provide the service I requested from the beginning. No body from the company seems to care about their customer service after they were able to make the charges. No live customer representative and no body rely VM and email.

National Park Reservations, Inc. Jun 28, 2013

Other than for advertising purposes, National Park Reservations, Inc. (NPR) does not appear to be interested in the condition of the properties they represent. Customer satisfaction does not appear to be their priority, even though NPR charges the vacationer 10% of the total reservation fee just to make the reservation. The service I received from NPR could have been satisfactory with minimal effort on their part. From NPR, I rented a vacation home for a week’s stay in June 2013 near Shenandoah National Park. National Parks Reservations is a private company. They are not an authorized concessionaire of any National Park nor are they in any way affiliated with the National Park Service of the Federal Government. They make reservations on behalf of their “customers” around the United States National Parks. NPR is only a middleman between the vacationer and the property owner, like LionCrowCabins.com.

To start with in addition to providing the property address, NPR could improve their service by providing the vacationer with a phone number for the on-site property manager. NPR told me the address they gave me was for the rental office and someone would be there when we arrived. With the help of a GSP, I found the “rental office”; it was a personal residence and the only one there was a big angry dog. After knocking on several other doors in rural mountain Virginia, and stopping a car in the road to ask for assistance, one of the local residents called the property manager to let him know we were looking for him. If I had a phone number, my first impression of the property would have been much more positive.

While the property appeared very nice, it has some construction flaws. For example, in order to turn on the main light in master bed room, a total of three different switches have to be on. It took several days before I figured this out. Light switches are minor compared to flooding. When it rains, and it rains often in Virginia, the property can flood, and it flooded during our stay. After discovering an inch of water throughout the down stairs master bedroom and bath, we called the property manager. “I know what the problem is” were his first words after being told. If the property manager knew the property could flood when it rains, the property should never have been offered for rent until the problem was fixed.

After we got back home, we called NPR to complain about the flooding and our dissatisfaction with their service. NPR said they would investigate our accusations and get back in touch with us. Only the property manager from Lion Crow Cabins called us. No one from NPR has contacted us regarding our stay, despite the fact that we had a contract with them and paid them a fee.

There are many other vacation rental property that are much nicer and much closer to Shenandoah National Park. If you rent from National Park Reservations, Inc. or Lion Crow Cabins, beware; you might be very disappointed.

National Park ReservationsAppears to be part of the National Parks but is a privately owned company

I thought I was dealing with the National Park's service as this company's website looks like an official park's site. This company recommended an extremely overpriced hotel, St Mary's Resort at Glacier National Park. It was a dump in which I paid over $200 a night after hotel rate, tax and 10% reservation fee. It was the worst place I've ever stayed and one of the most expensive. Number one, this company should make it clear that they are a privately owned company and number two, they should not be recommending properties that they know nothing about. Number 3, the St. Mary's website misrepresents the property unless you are willing to pay $300 plus a night. This place should be closed down for fraudulent practices. I would not have stayed here if it had not been recommended by the National Parks Reservation personel.

• Fr
            Fred Anders Sep 07, 2011

I thought this was an official National Park Service site, and booked a room in August 2011 assuming I would be in Glacier National Park. Wrong! I got a high priced room at Glacier Highland Resort, next to the train station and Route 2 - noisy! The hotel and room had limited amenities - no phone, tissues, soap dish in the shower, shampoo, etc. All other rooms we booked in Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming were cheaper, but had small refrigerators and microwaves - not here. I would not recommend the hotel to anyone, nor would I book through this company again!

National Park Reservations — Deception

I am planning to visit Yosemite Park in May. I looked at the official site for hotels. When I was ready to...

National Park ReservationsMisrepresentation

This company represents itself as the national park service and charges a 10%fee for making reservations. This can end up being very costly since a week-long vacation can cost up to $1, 500 0r more, and the fee can then be $150 or more just to make a simple reservation. I could have made my reservations directly with the national park and not been charged any booking fees. When I asked the company representative if they were the national park, they said yes and explained that I had to pay a fee to make my reservation. When I later learned the truth that they were not the park (but a reservation service instead), I called to request a refund of the booking fee. They refused and hung up on me. After several failed attempts to get my money refunded, I have decided to take the matter up with my credit card company. The website looks like an official national park service site and the staff make every attempt to mislead you into believing they are the park service and the only way to make a reservation at the park. I recommend that you avoid this website unless you want to be scammed. Unfortunately, I had to learn the hard way.

National Park Reservations, Inc. Jun 28, 2013

National Park ReservationsDon't get duped into using their service!

Don’t use this reservation agency. They are not affiliated with the US National Parks. They make reservations with hotels which the consumers can easily make without paying the 10% reservation fee. One my first call, they made the reservation with the wrong hotel (twice as expensive), which I discovered only after I got my credit card bill. After I called them back, they corrected the reservation (so it was with the right hotel) but double-charged my credit card. I called back gain, and was put on hold for long periods and handed from rep to rep -- no one was willing to help me. I finally talked to the manager. At this point I just wanted to end my troubles by canceling the reservation, but the manager refused.

In addition to a vacation almost ruined by this agency, I was treated with disrespect and rudeness. I’m now stuck with disputing the double charges and the reservation fee.

This operation was poorly run with questionable ethical standards. Don’t get duped into using their service!

• Ks
                K Sweeney Sep 22, 2008

These place is so fraudulent. Stupid me, when I googled Yosemite Lodge this place came up as the place to make reservations for all National Parks. Stupid me, I didn't read the fine print!! I had booked a room at Yosemite Lodge in April, come September and I find out this horrible place had actually booked me into the Wawona Hotel-one hour from the Yosemite Valley floor. My reservation said Yosemite Lodge. I was celebrating my 65th birthday. The manager at the Yosemite Lodge just laughed at me. Apparently this site is famous for screwing its customers. Beware-It was like booking a room in San Francisco and ending up in Oakland!!!
                However, on the plus side, they park management was doing a controlled burn on the valley floor and the smoke was horrendous-my husband has COPD so the Wawona turned out to be a plus-and the management and workers were so much nicer than the Yosemite Lodge's where they smirked at my misfortune.

• Dm
                Dmitrey L. Mar 25, 2011

Avoid National Park Reservations, contact Parks and Hotels DIRECTLY and save yourself 10% non-refundable fees (not clearefied that it's IN ADDITION to park fees and taxes) and headache from getting wrong reservations. Just had bad experience with them. Disrespectful. I received wrong reservation and as soon as I got it I cancelled it, but got charged 10% ($177). They made me feel small: After I complained about my case they said "We provide reservations for 39 national parks, and you should read all the terms etc."
                I can Google how many parks are in US, don't give me lecture on how important you are... Then I made reservation by directly contacting the park and had a very pleasant and saticfing experience.