[Resolved] eDreams / flight booking that is way more expensive than actual price

Hi, my eDreams reference number is [protected], usually I check the deals and then book from the airlines itself, this time it was late night and I booked via eDreams, woke up next morning feeling that I probably paid more than needed, something was not right. I found out that I paid around 3000 EGPs more than what I would have paid if I booked the same itinerary directly through the airlines, so I paid equivalent to 14000EGPs (5842.89 ADE), Vs 11000 EGPs, that's around 22% extra that I could have used during my vacation, so definitely not a better option and not a normal commission even. I will not try to cancel because my previous experience with Expedia and the reviews tell me that I'll probably loose more than what I already lost by booking through eDreams. I'd like the company to reconsider its offers and the deal they gave me, at least charge a reasonable percentage. Other than that I will really never trust this service again.

• Resolution statement

• eDreams_en.'s Response, Apr 15, 2016

Dear Rasha Rashad,

Thanks for posting your review and giving us the opportunity to advise you accordingly.

We inform you that eDreams guarantees its customers the best available price at the moment of the reservation. For any fare request, we look for the best fares consulting simultaneously all the reservation systems of the regular and low cost airlines. eDreams can only guarantee the best fare when you ask for it as a result of a real time search. Nevertheless, fares and seat availability fluctuate in a free way and can also change at any time since the fare price and fare conditions are controlled by the airlines. Only airlines are responsible for fare variations since eDreams works as an intermediary between the client and the airlines.

In addition, there are extra fees depending on the particular airline, selected payment method, luggage and other preferences. Furthermore, eDreams service fees are variable and depend on the conditions of each booking. In any case, eDreams always displays the final price of your booking before you accept the Terms & Conditions and finalise the purchase.

We have checked your booking and we have found that you made a multi-leg booking composed of different airlines. Besides, you have also added baggage for one of the flights, which has an additional cost.

We are sorry to read that the final price agreed for the three flights has not met your expectations. However, at the time of making the booking, the prices were the ones published by the airlines and agreed by the customer.

We will send you an e-mail with a breakdown of charges so you may verify by your own which were the prices agreed during the booking process.

We hope to have you advised accordingly and we remain at your complete disposal.

Kind regards,

Lucy - eDreams Customer Care Team -

• eDreams_en.'s Response, May 23, 2016

Dear Ms. Thomas,

Thank you for your review and detailed comments which should help us improving our service. Please find below our response to your query:

We would like to inform you that from the first moment you start a purchase in our website, the price displayed is the final price, which does not include additional services/products that may be optionally added by the client during the purchase process.

For the benefit of our clients, the price displayed in the first step of the purchase process is the cheapest fare in our website, which offers a discount provided that payment is made with Visa Entropay. However, in the same step, we advise our clients that other method payments will be found in the "Payment Method" box.

According to our records, the payment method chosen for your booking was not Visa Entropay. For this reason, the fare claimed was not applied in your booking.

Please note that if you have not selected your payment method in the first booking step, then during the whole booking process the price displayed was wrong. It was not until you put your card details that our website recognized that your payment method did not include any discount and updated the price. Please note that the price is updated before our customers click on "Buy it Now".

We will send you via e-mail the breakdown of the charges agreed so you may check your own records.

Kind regards,

Lucy - eDreams Customer Care Team -

Ra
Apr 14, 2016

Comments

• Ra
      Apr 19, 2016

Thank you for sending me the breakdown, and it makes sense.

• Be
      May 21, 2016

Hi, I recently booked flights to Barcelona for 2 people which were £187 per person, checked baggage each way was £35 and £28 and there was also a credit card fee of around £10. This should bring the total to £460 though edreams has charged me £501 and there was definitely no clear breakdown or mention of any additional charges during the booking process. My email is [protected]@hotmail.com which will be linked to my booking details. Please can you email me an accurate breakdown of charges as I think I have been overcharged. If this is not the case I think it would be in your best interest to make any additional charges clearer at the point of booking, as it's leading customers to feel betrayed. Thankyou.

• Be
      May 21, 2016

I must clarify that there was only checked baggage for one traveller selected, hence the total.