eBay / ebay company fraud

eBay charges seller fees when an item is listed. However they do not list the item for the entire time purchased. For example: I listed a 5 day auction and the listing was not available for view by buyers for over 10 hours. Now, I paid $3.65 for the 5 day listing which calculates out to 3 cents/hour. This means I was defrauded 30 cents. Doesn't seem like a lot but magnified over the many thousands of sellers it's no wonder eBay is a multi-billion dollar industry simply for providing computer servers and software to manage auctions. No other company has made this volumn of profit in the time the company has existed. They over charge for seller fees and do not display seller items for the length of time purchased. This has happened with each of the several auctions I have posted.

Comments

• Ph
      2nd of Sep, 2007

Ebay charges seller fees when an item is listed. However they do not list the item for the entire time purchased. For example: I listed a 5 day auction and the listing was not available for view by buyers for over 10 hours. Now, I paid $3.65 for the 5 day listing which calculates out to 3 cents/hour. This means I was defrauded 30 cents. Doesn't seem like a lot but magnified over the many thousands of sellers it's no wonder Ebay is a multi-billion dollar industry simply for providing computer servers and software to manage auctions. No other company has made this volume of profit in the time the company has existed. They over charge for seller fees and do not display seller items for the length of time purchased. This has happened with each of the several auctions I have posted.

• Lg
      11th of Oct, 2007

That is why you schedule your auction to start at a later time....like 24 hours later. That way you don't lose out on time you pay for.

• Ad
      17th of Feb, 2008

eBay is price gouging. The government was sure after Microsoft for Anti-Trust, why can't they go after eBay? At least Microsoft provided honest products, and revolutionized the computer industry. eBay does nothing, and demands too much money with little concern for their sellers. I can understand .50 per listing, but not several dollars, and several dollars more if you want a reserve price. But, they can over charge because they have no real competition. I think they need to be investigated for price gouging.

28th of Apr, 2008

Dispute your credit card charge. You didnt receive the services you paid for. make them respond or they lose the dispute. if they retaliate by suspending you, sue them in court in your jurisdiction. make them hire a lawyer in your area to defend them, it will cost them tons!

3rd of May, 2008

Open a basic Ebay Store acount.
    Auctions is where they screw you.I found out the hard way too.
    The store is like $15.99 p/month and the fees are really, really low, which is how it should be all the way across the board, and they dont even tell you tips like that to save you money.
    Im especially pissed that they went against a mutual agreement and sent my account to this piss ant collection agency.

• Si
      7th of Aug, 2008

Ebay Company is a total scam. It's a multi-billion dollar company that is allowed to blatantly scam their sellers and buyers on a daily basis. The Government needs to start cracking down on eBay and hopefully put them out of business. THEY NEED TO BE REGULATED! I do not believe years ago that they started out this way, but have since become the biggest Internet scam of all. Creating fictitious buyers and sellers. Scamming buyers and sellers out of thousands of dollars on a daily basis, Clark Howard in Atlanta, Georgia has covered this topic extensively. I used to think eBay was the bomb. Now, I now can only hope that the US Government will step in and stop this completely unethical company and shut them down completely. They are the worst offenders on the Internet. They have been stealing from sellers for quite some time and many Power Sellers have ended their eBay sales for good. They have stolen millions of dollars by their own self created scams. They have ripped me off many times and I am just a hobby seller. I don’t make a living off of this and they have ripped me off over and over. I pay good money to list items that they never run, they create fictitious characters that bid then don’t pay, thus eBay gets their listing fees and the percent of the sale. The seller gets screwed. Do they ever resolve this or pay the seller back? Absolutely not! They are scam artists that need Government regulation SOON! Ebay, you’re done!

• Cr
      30th of Sep, 2008

Ebay is turning to the biggest peice of Crap. As a seller I have sold on their site since 2002. I have seen charges change like the seasons. What use to be 2.00 now cost 6.00 or more. When I list something I sometimes do not see it on their site for up to 12 hrs in some cases. That I think is what is called Fraud I signed up for 7 Days I got 6.5 Days. As a Seller You can not leave Neg. Feedback, They tell you they will pull your listing if you are charging too much for shipping A bayonet costs about 9 to 10 Dollas to send they pulled it. Customer service sucks they would not know how to fix an issue if it was in teir face. Fees are outrages. Where can I go to Sell my stuff and make my bills I got Laid off last Nov. Now I use to pay bills now I give it to ebay. I am going to go some where else with a computer science degree I think I can figure it out. Craig's List, Or Maybe I'll call it sh**ebayersalike. What are they going to do sue me They are so busy changing things on their site they wouldn't even notice. Oh I have to add this on the 20th of Oct. you thr Buyer and myself the Seller will NO longer be able to pay with a Check, Money order, The only way you can pay is through Paypal Gee who own Paypal. That is a triple Whammy for me I get charged to list, I get charged when it sells, and now I get Charged when they pay with Paypal THE ONLY way to pay after Oct.20 20% of my buyers pay with CK, MO, OR ??? As a Buyer you you only get hit twice if you decide too buy at all My prices are going down my customer base is running the other way and I'm standing here with my D*** in my hand. Good luck out there we are getting screwed. Any one have an Idea n where you can sell and not get gauged???

• Al
      17th of Feb, 2010

Hi, I am an apprentice at a New York law firm. We have been investigating Ebay's potential misconduct with regard to its live auction platform and would be interested in hearing more from anyone who has had an experience. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience at info@ebayliveclassaction.net.

8th of Apr, 2010

That's been the problem since they started business in the 1990's. They refused to correct this problem. They stole my money and refuse to paid money they owe to me.

• Ke
      12th of Jun, 2010

can anyone tell me how it works as far as Paypal charging you to use their service? So when you sell an item and the buyer pays with Paypal, they take a percentage of your money or what? What about when you pay for something using Paypal? I never even knew that Paypal did this!