EasyJet / they are just a bunch of thieves

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I was on an Easyjet flight from Barcelona to London Luton on Sunday, July 6th. The flight had some technical problems, so they had to disembark all the passengers. Then they said that only 95 passengers could be re-admitted on board of that plane. I had a connection flight to catch, so I took the option of a full ticket refund + 250 euro per person compensation and flew Iberia to London. I have just called the Easyjet customer service department to sort out the refund and compensation issues, and guess what was the first thing they told me?...

…that I DID get on board of that flight to London after all!

I am glad I was diligent enough to get the relevant evidence from the Easyjet office desk at the airport first.

I have never experienced such openly obnoxious type of service.

Avoid this bunch of incompetent thieves by all means possible.

Comments

• Si
      16th of Jul, 2008

i recently flew with easyjet from luton to ibiza, on the return flight i and about 15 others got scammed.
    The ticket we received via email said x number of nights but further down the message said the times and dates. The time coming back was 00:00 which was a slight put off but the main problem was that the info on the ticked was ambigious and very misleading. Me and 15 others arrived at the airport to go back to england a day late (because of the misleading info on the ticket). So I had to stay more time. My next flight was a couple of days later and guess what, it also happened to some more people i spoke to that night. I suspect this happens a lot as I saw it on 2 flights in just a few days. BEWARE!!!

• Ta
      20th of Jul, 2008

I will never fly with this airline again.
    I tried to book our Christmas vacation as every year but now they put in extra charges for your baggage, sports, taxes, and many more.
    This is just not what this airline was all about to start with offering low cost, easy on-line bookings with no frills.
    I am afraid the days of easyjet are now numbered and we will be booking with other companies in the future.
    They should be renamed as NOT VERY EASY JET AS WE ADD ON LOTS OF EXTRA MONEY TO YOUR BOOKING.COM.
    This company was sold out at the right time by Stelios as it cannot supply what its name suggests -EASY.
    Try booking and you will see what I mean!

• Al
      12th of Aug, 2008

In case you wonder whether the original situation has been resolved, the answer is NO. More than a month later, I still have not received the compensation (even though I have an e-mail from them according to which I was supposed to get my money back amost4 weeks ago). Now they do not even reply to my e-mails.
    If only did I need another reminder about how Easyjet steels money from people!!!

• Di
      21st of Aug, 2015

Easyjet conducts fraudulent acts and switches its currency when you're purchasing a ticket. Beware of there scams!! I was under the impression that I was purchasing a ticket in U.S. Dollar but in fact it was pounds. I was completely overcharged and when I requested that they refund me the difference in cost they refused and were extremely disrespectful. They outsource their call center to India and unfortunately these people are simply trained to read a script. If anyone could provide guidance as to how I can address this, I would greatly appreciate it.