Having problems with EasyJet?

+44 33 0365 5000 (Customer Service)
Hangar 89, London Luton Airport
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

overbooking of luggage fee

We were charge going out £24.00 for two suitcases to Las Palmas which was not clear on our...

damaged baggage / lost items

I had my baggage damaged three times and with no response decided on a more informal letter... Basically was passed from pillar to post for so long that I had better things to do and gave up... which I think is what Easy Jet rely on! My second letter below...

EasyJet Customer Services

24 February 2004

Dear Stelios,

Re: EZY 425 to Glasgow and EZY 447 to Belfast

My suit is wet, my hair is flattened and the rain is dripping of my chin. This is your fault. Let me explain…

I had cause to contact your customer services department as my baggage and its contents were damaged during a flight to Glasgow on……… I have enclosed a copy of the correspondence, which relates to this incident and the response I received back. Please bear in mind that I followed the correct procedure as your website dictates and still I have been palmed off onto someone else.

With reference to my latest flight with you, not to mention the now almost compulsory substantial delay, I have cause to contact your company again. Once again my baggage has been damaged.

The baggage in question is a Samsonite rigid suitcase i.e. a robust and well manufactured suitcase which can live up to most things that travel will throw at it. This suitcase has travelled with me to far-flung corners of the world without incident and then miraculously bursts open on a 1hr10min flight from Bristol to Belfast with EasyJet.

My concern for my baggage was made clear in my previous correspondence so imagine my delight when my suitcase arrives open and is greeted with gasps of sympathy, cringe worthy hilarity and embarrassment by the 143 passengers on Track 1 at Belfast International. Cries of, “Oh! My! God! Someone’s suitcase is open” and “Ohhhh! Imagine if that was yours with all your underwear hanging out” and so on, were heard from several people amongst the crowd of bemused onlookers.

So why did I not report this at the airport? Well this one is easy. I was over 3 hours late. I had already missed one of my appointments and now had a red face and open suitcase to deal with. A quick check of my belongings and my infamous underwear at the feet of the above crowd and it seemed that nothing was missing. Had one of your reps been to hand then maybe, I may just have said something, but have you ever seen any of your reps past the one who stands at the top of the “Air Stairs”? No, I didn’t think so.

I knew something was missing when my mobile phone battery went dead. You see my mobile phone charger was in that suitcase. By process of elimination I would deduce that this was lost during the, “bursting and displaying”, incident I describe above. So, one trip later from the comfort of my hotel room to Phones4U for another mobile phone charger and my suit is wet, my hair is flattened and the rain is dripping off my chin. This is your fault.

Please can you tell me why:

1 – Your website put me to the trouble of emailing your customer services? when in fact they were unable to help.

2 – It takes 10 days for you to reply, but we have to report all incidents immediately at the time of the incident or theoretically this leaves us with little or no hope of ever being taken seriously?

3 – What you plan to do about the damage to my leather holdall, my samsonite suitcase, my printer and the loss of my mobile phone charger?

4 – After all the delays, the damage, the loss and the embarrassment why I should continue to use your airline?

Yours sincerely

stole our money

Easyjet stole our money!! Myself and 3 others went online to buy tickets to prague for a 5 day trip. After nearing the end of the online process, their website told us the transaction cannot go through at this time. But that did not stop them from taking our money and not telling us. No confirmation email. No nothing. As we were not aware of this we tried again on our friends credit card. Our first options were no longer available, so we picked dates that were 1 day off. 2 days later we were off to prague. Once we got back we noticed we had no money in our bank account. Easyjet had taken 752 pounds from us for the first transaction that they told us could not be completed. Now they wont give our money back stateing the names and dates are different. Easyjet stole our money! Anyone can see by looking at the information that all our names are on both sets of tickets and the dates are for the same days, just off by 1 day.

is there any government program, or something of the lot, in England that we can call and complain and this company stealing our money. ?

• Se
    Selina Singh Jun 27, 2009

I am taking contacting authorities in United States to press for a ban on online activities of easyjet.com in United States. This online fraud will also be reported to California Senators and FBI. This can not be allowed to go on. I booked a ticket for my daughter just now. her registered name on one screen is Correct Selina Singh but when we received the confirmation of booking - the name is spelt as Selinah Singh and additional H which can not be a typo mistake - has to be a web site generated fraud. I we are being asked to pay 45 Pounds too rectify the fraud committed by the easyjet web site.

• Se
    Selina Singh Jun 27, 2009

I have pictures of the screen proving the fraud being perpetuated by Easy jet. Two screens generated at the same time show different spellings of name of the passenger.

drunk passengers

We noticed that several passengers had had too much to drink prior to boarding the flight. Whilst on the flight the cabin crew continued to serve these passengers drink even though their behaviour was starting to upset other passengers. The cabin staff did warn these passengers about their behaviour but then went to the back of the aircraft to eat. One lady was becoming so upset that my husband, who is a police officer, had to go and discuss the situation with the cabin crew who then returned to the front of the aircraft deal with these passengers again. One lady was so worried that she was wandering up and down the plane trying to find somewhere else to sit. We were travelling with our daughter who is eight and she was so frightened that she was crying. I hate air travel and it is difficult enough for me to get on a plane and my experience today with Easyjet would put me off flying with them again. I just can't understand why the cabin crew continued to serve these passengers drink even though it was clear to everyone else that there was the potential for things to get out of control. The cabin crew and pilot obviously thought there was a serious problem because when we arrived at Gatwick police officers boarded the plane. I have emailed Easyjet to complain and have copied their reply below. I have contacted them again as their reply no where near addresses my issues.

Dear Mrs Wren,

Thank you for contacting us.

I was concerned to hear about your experience since it does not represent the standards of service you rightly expect from our Cabin Crew. I sincerely apologise for the unpleasant flight that you and your family has had.

Whilst I feel that the crew member concerned was acting with very good intention by enforcing the relevant regulations, I fully appreciate that there is a right way and a wrong way of doing this. We try very hard to ensure that our staff are friendly and helpful at all times.

Your comments regarding this particular flight crew will be passed to our Cabin Services manager, who will then take any action they deem to be appropriate. However, please be assured that your comments will be used to help us achieve our goal of providing easyJet customers with the best possible service.

I realise that you have had a negative experience on this occasion and I hope that this will not deter you from using our services again in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us Mrs Wren. If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again via the contact us section of the easyJet web site.

debit taken without authorisation

Whilst trying to book flights on line through the EasyJet official website I encountered an error on step 3 of the booking process - the quote 'Sorry, the browser has lost all associated data with this booking. Please return to step 1 to begin the booking process again' It also supplies an error reference of GSD01 to allow you to contact EasyJet with this problem. I attempted to book again from step 1 but gave up eventually under the impression that my booking was not logged or confirmed. Turns out EasyJet have taken the amount from my bank account this morning leaving me £400 overdrawn without my knowledge. This is probably a very common problem and I expect many many more people have experienced this and been charged possibly without their knowledge. You would have thought that you havent booked anything when in actual fact you have paid for something unwittingly. The lady at EasyJet customer services, when I finally managed to speak to a human being, was on the whole - not helpful and as this is a non-refundable airline I have kindly been given a 'credit file' for £300 to use towards the next flight if booked through EasyJet again (chances of this happening are currently zilch' As far as I am concerned, I have not proceeded with my booking nor have I travelled anywhere with EasyJet and am overall disgusted by their services. Is there anyone else out there who has suffered the same?

• Vl
    Vlotina Ko-Nu Mar 07, 2009

We just encountered the exact same problem. Its a terrible kind of fraud. We ll do whatever we can to not let them get away with it.

cancelling a booking-computer glitch

Company information:
easyjet
12 webber row
United Kingdom
Phone: [protected]

I booked a ticket online, and it said it didnt go through... so I did as it said and booked again... Now I have two tickets, and cant cancel one of them!!! I am staying in Greece and cannot get any phone numbers to talk to easyjet.

Please help, and get me any information so I dont have to pay for the two flights...

Kind Regards

RJ Kayfetz

• Ev
    evelyne pichot de champfleury Feb 03, 2014

Yesterday i pay a wrong ticket
    Booking reference: EM9V76R
    I book for March it was for february 02/02/2014 and not 02/03/2014 from Berlin to Paris
    The Person KPARA Issa fly yesterday
    I just want to know how can i get my money back
    my email adress: [email protected]
    best regards
    mrs evelyne pichot de champfleury

scam

I checked in at 5pm on 29th Aug for flight 8545 and asked at desk if I could get on the earlier 8685 . I was told I could and I paid an extra £80.50. Neither at the ticket desk nor the salesdesk was I told this flight had not even landed although it was due to board within 30 minutes. I get into departures at 5.10 to find 8685 has not even landed and that it may leave even later than the flight I was originally on. A friend of mine on the same flight tells me the check-in team knew of this way before they allowed me to go through.
At no stage during my ticket purchase transaction or check-in was I told this was the case.
It is abundantly clear that I was therefore misled into buying something that could not be delivered and that the Easyjet staff were clearly aware of this. In my view that is nothing short of theft

rude staff

Whilst queing to check in - having "edinburgh!" shouted in my ear. So I said to my partner - he shouted right in my f'kin ear. Shouter interrupted my convo to tell me not to swear or I can't fly which upset my partner (She paid the fares) so I went to complain and he saw me so he had a go at my partner whilst I complained @ desk - whom repeated his threats to detain me or I apologise to fly then after he fails to attend desk - flight leaves without us - so if u c yasir @ stansted section 'c' - beware scam at work.
Read their small print carefully too - unless u have a dead relative = no refund - no service either. "what a rip off!"

• Th
    Thomas Crymble Sep 27, 2008

Easy jet gives telephone numbers that dont exist also they waste people time, if you cancel to book cheaper flight they charge for both flights ! They are a right wind up and i have to forgive them but the Holy Spirit is grieved with their deceit, you cant rob God he will repay wait and see ! Tam

• Gr
    Gry Stampe Nielsen Oct 10, 2008

I just booked a flight and it said - it didn't go through. It said - do it again and I did. Then I end up with two flights and now I cant cancel one of the flights !!!

I called around but no success ... How do I cancel???? The bank cant cancel either!!! Even if I close down my account it wont work... Heeeeelp me - anyone knows... ????

Thanks

[email protected]

margaret hitchins Oct 17, 2009

my sister and i travelled on the 615am flight from glasgow to stansted from where we were going on to asturias, having gone through security and having plenty of time to our next flight we removed our small handbags from our cases and went gfor breakfast-we requied articles from our bags at the boarding gate i was passed for boazrding went to see what was holding my sister back the attendant dealing with he r demaned her to pay £16 when i approached she demanded £16 from me no doubt she was senior to the memer of staff who passed me for boarding her rudeness was unbelievable-our ages are 80 and 81-we will never forget this horrible incident on 29th sept 2009. so ifully understand your compaints feelings

• Mr
    mr Duncan Jun 04, 2010

I am wondering if i delt with the same guy, because his name would have been something like that, but he refused to give me his name?
    my story which happened on sunday 30th may 2010 at stanstead travelling back to Mallorca after being in London to do a private show as i am a singer living in Mallorca but originally from Scotland, i had a great show, it was a great crowd & everyone was in fancydress, it was brilliant & i was made so welcome.

Then i went to stansted airport to fly home on sunday with easyjet, got there in plenty of time, then went to gate 6 to get on plane, it was a long que & they were just starting to call speedy boarding when my stomach was in severe pain & i noticed the toilet was right next to me so i could not wait till i got on the plane so i nipped into the toilet, while i was in there i heard to announcement saying all remaining passengers come to gate now, so i finished as quick as i could, washed my hands & came out, as i came out the toilet i saw one of the easyjet staff watching me, anyway as i got halfway there i saw him closing the metal barrier, then when i got to him, he said the gate was closed, well i laughed as i thought he was joking with me, then he said again that i was not getting through as the gate was closed, so i then said what do you mean, then the girl that was next to him said in a raised voice, , , are you deaf, he said the gate is closed, well i turned to her & said ..dont talk to me like that you stuck up [censor], then she kicked off cos i called her a [censor], ( wanted to call her worse than that, i mean how dare a girl who is younger than my own daughter talk to me like that) anyway she then dashed down the stairs to where the plane was, i then said to the guy that i wanted to see a manager to which he replied that he was the manager, i asked for his name, & he would not give it to me.

i tried to talk sense to him by pointing out the window to show him that the passengers were still climbing the stairs onto the plane & it would be quicker to put me on the plane than to find my suitcase to take off, but he just looked at me like i was dirt & turned his back on me, , then he turned & he said he would tell me where to go to get my case & i told him i was not leaving till i got my case as i needed to know i got it as it had a very expensive suit & some of my musical stuff in it, so he said i must leave, i said no, then the [censor] girl came back up, & he told her that i would not leave, so he told her to call the airport police to which i said, please do. anyway it took about 20 minutes before the police arrived, so first off they were giving thier statement to the police which i could hear, then i could not believe it when they started lying & saying so much crap to the police, i tried to butt in but the police said they would get my statement in a minute, then the no name manager (asian guy?) said i assulted him, i just stood there saying unbelievable.

Anyway the police started taking my statement & when i looked behind the police i saw the no name easyjey manager winking at me & laughing, well as you can imagine i lost it & shouted at him, the police told me to calm down & i pointed out to the police that he was behind them taking the piss, when the police turned round he had his hands out saying, what, i think the police believed me there.

Anyway long story shorter? the police said he was not charging me with assult to which i replied he couldnt charge me anyway as there are security cameras everywhere in the airport & they can check the footage & see he was lying

The airport police were good guys, think they were on my side as they were very helpfull.

But i was talking about getting back to mallorca & they said that the no name easyjet manager said he had banned me from easyjet & cant fly with them anymore?

so because they would not let me on the plane they made the poor tourists sit on the plane for over an hour till they found my case, & delaying the flight, because when the police were giving me a lift to the main terminal the poilce car was next to my plane which was still there & not pushed back & this was now 1 hour & 20 minutes after it should have flown, wish i could contact some of the passengers to let them know why thier flight was delayed. So if you flew to Mallorca on sunday evening flight from stanstead on 30th may, they probably gave you some lame excuse why you had to sit on the plane for ages before it flew, well now you know the truth & i am sorry that you all had to arrive late in mallorca because of idiot easyjet staff.

So i was stuck in london on sunday night & had to pay 200 pounds to get a flight back on monday with ryanair, so i have now sent a compaint email to easyjet & if i dont get the right response then this story will be going every newspaper.

nobody should have to put up with that kind of customer sevice, if you dont like working with the public, find another bloody job, but i would love to meet that no name easyjet manager when he is out & about?

• Ca
    catwarren Jun 04, 2010

sue them iain i would and still write to the papers as they r a shower of [censor]

cancelled ticket

Dear Sir/Madam

Please can you tell us why our daughter Makayla Stubbs flight ticket that was bought on 26th May 2008, was cancelled when she arrived at Barcelona Airport to return home from her holiday. Makayla is only 16 years old and has just finished her exams and this was her treat to go to Barcelona to stay with her old school mate (as we used to live in Spain).
Makayla was told that her ticket had been cancelled, when she checked in. The reason given was that Easy jet had cancelled the ticket as they said it had been booked with a fraudulent Credit Card, if this was the case

1. Why we were not told about this by letter, Land line or Mobile as you have both the numbers or by E.mail or you even had the time as the booking was made in May by post.

2. Why was the ticket that we bought on Sunday 22 June Mastercard ending 4130 148.49 EUR for our other daughter Layla Stubbs, ( booking reference number EDKZTCP) this is the same card that was used to book the ticket for Makayla Stubbs that was cancelled, but Layla’s flight was not cancelled. WHY.

The cancellation of flight booking reference EDHPFWJ caused so many problems, which need not have happened if you had contacted us.

1. Makayla did not have the €180.99 the cost of a new ticket, so she got very upset and had many tears, this caused unnecessary phone calls back and forth to England and a lot of panic where to get the money from, we had to get someone that we know from Barcelona to go to the Airport to pay for her ticket, and so we now owe this person the money. Which there was no need as Layla’s flight that was only just booked the week before on the same card was ok.

2. This has knocked Makayla’s confidence as she will take along time to forget this experience, like she said “she had a ticket everything should have been alright”.

3. On the same flight her Spanish friend flew over to England to stay with us her booking reference is EDHPG6N and her name is MIREIA RAMOS CROSAS she is just 14 years old and is very worried that when she returns to Bristol Airport on 21st July that her ticket might be cancelled.

This has also cost us a lot of extra money as the original ticket that was bought cost €95.99 and as you can see on the new booking done by Easy Jet Staff at Barcelona Airport because of somebody’s mistake EDLFBFB cost €180.99.

We would like a very good explanation for the reasons that caused this very sad end to our daughter’s holiday, and the worry that her friend is experiencing at the moment due to having to fly back. We have flown many times back and forth to Barcelona and so has all our 3 children we were just about to book two flights to Dalaman for the end of July but are in two minds at the moment because of all this.

Yours Sincerely

Lorna & Daniel Stubbs

• Da
    Daniel Stubbs Jul 19, 2008

This post has been e-mailed to easyjet 3 times I have rang them 4 times at 10 pence a min, but still have no answers...also no refund has been given on the flight that has been cancelled

fraud and scam

I am a regular Easyjet user, having booked some 30+ flights in the last 12 months. In general I am impressed...

poor service and lack of support

Due to fly back from Alicante airport on Sunday evening 6th July 2008 - flying at 21.30hrs. On arrival at the airport (1900hrs) we discovered that the flight had been canceled. We spoke to an employee at the Easyjet counter who told us we had the option of taking a later flight OR staying another night in Spain and flying out the following morning. The later flight, however would NOT fly us back into Luton Airport, which was the original return destination - it was stopping at GATWICK. Due to circumstances it was decided we would take the later flight home, with an agreed transfer - arranged by Easyjet - to take us back to Luton. The new flight was due to fly out after midnight - some 3 hours AFTER our original flight was due to fly, which meant 5hours to be spent at the airport.

This was an inconvenience in itself. When midnight came, the flight board did not show the travel time or which gate number. It also didn't say it was delayed, so we were not sure what was happening and there was NOONE available from Easyjet to speak to. Finally the flight came in - a little later than originally anticipated, nevertheless, it had arrived.

On queuing, an Easyjet employee asked us for our boarding passes - i handed the ones i printed off for our original flight - AS I HAD NOT BEEN TOLD THIS WOULD BE REQUIRED - she advised me that we had not checked in so we wouldn't be able to fly!!! She took our paper boarding passes and went away with them, to return a short time later with hand written boarding passes! (it turned out, we weren't the only people who had use their "old" boarding passes). With the flight delayed by some time, we were finally ready to fly to Gatwick.

Landing at 2am (british time) we were NOT met by an Easyjet member. We searched round Gatwick (never been before, so its quite daunting), staff were down to an absolute minimum. We finally found someone to ask where an Easyjet desk was, so attended this area, to be told there were 19 passengers who required transfers - Easyjet DID NOT have anything planned, even though they had LOADS OF NOTICE, and we had to wait for all the others to turn up before they decided what they would do with us. The suggestion from the airport Manager was a group of taxis delivering us back to Luton airport.

"I" had to go and try and herd up the other fliers as Easyjet had not tannoyed for anyone and noone from Easyjet was available to help out!!! It then turned out that it wasn't 19 passengers waiting for transfer, it was more like 90!!! Finally all passengers requiring the transfer had arrived and we were ALL waiting on Easyjet to provide the Transfer they had promised. At 0330hrs, the Aiport Manager had advised that (he did not provide a name) someone was not authorizing a transfer home for all the passengers that EASYJET had promised and MESSED ABOUT, and that we were to make our own way home via train!!! and claim back the monies from there returns policy!!

This took 1.5hrs (180minutes!!!) for some BIG WIG tucked up in his bed to point blank REFUSE transport for us home - when the Easyjet staff at Alicante Airport had told us that the transfer had been arranged!!!
£23.00 PER TICKET the train cost and due to being messed around even further, we had to wait until 0430hrs to get the next train into Luton!!!

ON TOP OF ALL THE MONIES THAT WE SPENT EXTRA ON FOOD AND DRINK WAITING TO GO HOME, WE THEN HAD TO SPEND ANOTHER £46.00 TO GET TO LUTON. We arrived home at 0615hrs (approx) and paid a further £5.00 for a taxi cab, from the Airport to our home address!!! I am horrified that EASYJET made no apologies, did not assist ANY flier in relation to transfer home and LIED to all its customers, then dumped them when they couldn't handle the heat!!! we should have arrived home, British time at 2230hrs, we actually got home a whole 8hrs later!!! This is just unacceptable.

On top of everything else - another flier advised us that he asked an operator at Alicante "WHEN" had the flight been canceled??? "Noon time" was the reply! A whole 9 hours and 20 minutes BEFORE the flight was even due to fly out!!! Why were we not contacted? When completing flight details they request mobile numbers and contact numbers whilst abroad - it would have taken one person a quick call round to advise customers - giving them the option of staying another night - rather than waiting for people to turn up to Alicante Airport which is some distance from most of the actually holiday destinations???

they are just a bunch of thieves

I was on an Easyjet flight from Barcelona to London Luton on Sunday, July 6th. The flight had some technical problems, so they had to disembark all the passengers. Then they said that only 95 passengers could be re-admitted on board of that plane. I had a connection flight to catch, so I took the option of a full ticket refund + 250 euro per person compensation and flew Iberia to London. I have just called the Easyjet customer service department to sort out the refund and compensation issues, and guess what was the first thing they told me?...

…that I DID get on board of that flight to London after all!

I am glad I was diligent enough to get the relevant evidence from the Easyjet office desk at the airport first.

I have never experienced such openly obnoxious type of service.

Avoid this bunch of incompetent thieves by all means possible.

• Si
    simon fuell Jul 16, 2008

i recently flew with easyjet from luton to ibiza, on the return flight i and about 15 others got scammed.
    The ticket we received via email said x number of nights but further down the message said the times and dates. The time coming back was 00:00 which was a slight put off but the main problem was that the info on the ticked was ambigious and very misleading. Me and 15 others arrived at the airport to go back to england a day late (because of the misleading info on the ticket). So I had to stay more time. My next flight was a couple of days later and guess what, it also happened to some more people i spoke to that night. I suspect this happens a lot as I saw it on 2 flights in just a few days. BEWARE!!!

I will never fly with this airline again.
    I tried to book our Christmas vacation as every year but now they put in extra charges for your baggage, sports, taxes, and many more.
    This is just not what this airline was all about to start with offering low cost, easy on-line bookings with no frills.
    I am afraid the days of easyjet are now numbered and we will be booking with other companies in the future.
    They should be renamed as NOT VERY EASY JET AS WE ADD ON LOTS OF EXTRA MONEY TO YOUR BOOKING.COM.
    This company was sold out at the right time by Stelios as it cannot supply what its name suggests -EASY.

• Al
    Alexander Aug 12, 2008

In case you wonder whether the original situation has been resolved, the answer is NO. More than a month later, I still have not received the compensation (even though I have an e-mail from them according to which I was supposed to get my money back amost4 weeks ago). Now they do not even reply to my e-mails.
    If only did I need another reminder about how Easyjet steels money from people!!!

• Di
    Discouraged and upset Aug 21, 2015

Easyjet conducts fraudulent acts and switches its currency when you're purchasing a ticket. Beware of there scams!! I was under the impression that I was purchasing a ticket in U.S. Dollar but in fact it was pounds. I was completely overcharged and when I requested that they refund me the difference in cost they refused and were extremely disrespectful. They outsource their call center to India and unfortunately these people are simply trained to read a script. If anyone could provide guidance as to how I can address this, I would greatly appreciate it.

24 hour cancellation policy

I booked and paid for holiday flights with Easyjet.I had to cancel within 24 hours, which is described a...

stolen camera

I will never fly EasyJet again. On Sat April 26th 2008 my husband and I flew from Gatwick to Prague...The lines were huge and it took over an hour to reach the check in desk because of a problem with Zone C and all passengers were referred to Zone B for check in...Our bags were packed and sized accordingly for carry on luggage but we were told we had to check the bags in...so we paid the fee and dashed to our gate with little time to spare..Too late I remembered that my camera which was in a carry on bag was now checked in..I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best...As soon as we retrieved our bags in Prague the first thing I did was check for my camera and with a sick feeling realized that it had been stolen...not lost, not misplaced but STOLEN!!! I filed a claim and have sent in all the pertinent paperwork...I am angry and feel a sense of violation and vulnerability...My camera is gone, my pictures from Ireland and England can never b e replaced...Why should we, as travelers have to pay a fee to check our bags in and then have our possessions stolen... By paying the fee I entrusted that my bags and their contents would be safe...I will pursue this matter until I have been fully compensated...And don't bother sending me travel vouchers...I will not fly on EasyJet again...

• Li
    Linda Klein May 22, 2008

I will be very interested to hear how you get on with your claim. EasyJet lost my daughter's bag, which was checked in, en route from Gatwick to Paphos, Cyprus. They were unable to get it out to us throughout our week's stay, but did manage to send it out on the morning of the day we flew home in the evening. We have emailed a claim for compensation...obviously we had to buy her several things, oh and the bag was damaged when we did finally see it again, and we have posted a claim also, by recorded delivery. We have not had so much as an acknowledgement of receipt. How rude can you get??

• Le
    lema Nov 26, 2009

my sister and her husband went to Amsterdam and on the way back to London we checked our bags in and to find that they had been security checked when we picked them up at Luton my sisters was half open and we had a car waiting for us so we had to rush to get home. We lost the camera and my sisters Nintendo DS

We tried to call Easy jet and they give us a number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number then another number
    NO JOKE WE CALLED FOR 3 DAys and nothing just giving us the run around.

so tomorrow we will call again and again. All we want is a claim form so we can actually claim on the travel insurance and they wont even help with that.

horrendous customer service!

After our family flight to Liverpool was canceled at Faro airport on 4 November last year, after our Algarve holiday, we had to wait 2.5 hours to be seen by their "customer services", and were then told to make our own way to Lisbon by coach for an "alternative" flight from Lisbon (four to five hours away) the next day. We were promised that our extra expenses would be refunded. I sent receipts by registered post and EasyJet lost them. I was then told to send in another claim and I explained to them that I didn't have receipts and couldn't get copies for most of them as they had lost them. To cut a very long story short, I am now suing them through the small claims court after they refused to refund us our expenses and said that even if they received receipts they wouldn't pay us up to the level we were promised at Faro. I'm going to court after their chief executive Andrew Harrison failed to respond to two very polite letters I sent to him on the matter. How can an airline be allowed to tell a family with two young children - one still in nappies - to make their own way to a bus station for a five hour coach journey, and also find their own hotel with a family room at the drop of a hat for an overnight stay, just for the privilege of flying back home 24-hours late...

christine wilson Jul 15, 2008

Hi,
    I am complaining about Easyjet after when booking a single flight from Ibiza to Gatwick Easyjet charged me twice. This happened back the beginning of June and after numerous phone calls they still havent put the money back in to my account, they are telling me they have and have been quite rude about it. I contacted my bank (Natwest) Who have advised me the money hasnt been paid in to my account and tell Easyjet you'll give them 5 days to repay it otherwise i should contact Trading Standards. I called Easyjet and spoke to someone who told me not to be abusive and so rude. Blooming cheek of it when they're holding my money and wont give it back. Help!!!

• Lu
    Luke Ingles Sep 05, 2008

Dear Complaints Board

My name is Luke Ingles. My wife and I flew on Easy Jet flight 8663 from Gatwick to Alicante yesterday the 4th of September. This was the worst flight in the history of our lives! We have flown all over the world and could not believe what we experienced.

There was a group of men sitting in many seats toward the back. They were scattered in seating. They were very obnoxious, loud, crude, drunk, foul, and intimidating. They did whatever they wanted despite all the passengers around them and no body did anything about it. They drank sooo much liquor. Easyjet crew gave them whatever they wanted.

The man sitting next to me started throwing peanuts rows back at his friends hitting other customers. Since everyone was intimidated by this group, no one did anything. I finally had enough because your crew did nothing. So I said something to him which made it worst. He started taunting me. My wife was very shook up and I became soooooo angry that I was boiling hot. What we were upset about the most was that the Easyjet crew did nothing! They must have been intimidated. And they just kept on serving them drinks after drinks which made it worse.
    We felt so sorry for all the older folks in between them.

Doesn´t Easy Jet crew get any training on how to take control of such situations. It ruined every ones flight that was sitting around them. We feel like never flying with Easyjet again because they can´t control their passengers!!! I am not talking about a little disturbance here. The situation yesterday was very very tense!!!

One of the men who were apart of this group approached my wife and I when we landed and apologized for his friends and thought that perhaps the police would be waiting for them in the airport. He said that he was very embarrassed.

There should have been some consequences for their extreme behavior. The crew did nothing! Why would we want to fly again with Easyjet to be at risk of the same situation because the staff is to passive to confront such individuals?
    We are very upset!!!

Luke & Nathalie Ingles

highway robbery!

Checked in with hubbie and kid for flight to Luton on time and went straight to Security - delayed there by mega-long queue and staff shortage - got to Gate 10 mins to spare and told bumped from flight and £35 each to "transfer" to Stansted. Stone-faced girl @ Sales said £292 - had no option but to pay - and an hour later heard not from Easyjet but from 2 other passengers bumped before us from same flight that Head Office had approved £35 charge. Found someone to process this who printed out £292 charge and said it would be refunded minus £35 each - when being steamrollered what choice have you but to agree?

On return from London checked credit card and no refund - no reply from "reply to you within 24-hours helpline", tracked down phone number with live person on end (no mean feat) who told me he was refunding as we spoke... no refund. Took several more emails and over a week to get "refund" of £197 -( don't know where they get their figures from) after being assured each time it was sent to different credit card or bank accounts.

Return flight was 30 mins late leaving... no refund. I arrived on time for checking, had zero control over Security, did not hear even ONE announcement re flight closure and could not have proceeded even if I had and got to Gate before flight was to leave and I get charged and redirected and grief - looks like contemporary highway robbery but there is no Sherrif to stop this theft.

fraud and cheating!

I will never travel with easyjet again!

I travel frequently from malaga to london, I have traveled with easyjet and other airlines, the last time I flew with easyjet (In may 2007), first I had to wait more than 2 hours to check in at the easyjet check in desk which was bad enough but when I landed in malaga my bag didn't come with me, so I started the very painful process of getting confirmation from easyjet to take to my insurance company. I reported the bag at the airport, sent in the forms and waited but I didn't receive any confirmation which is essential for my insurance company to pay me, I call day in and out and I always get different answers, its in the post, I am sorry but it hasn't been processed, you will receive it any day now and the # goes on and on, now 10 weeks have passed and I still haven't got this single peace of paper I need from them (P. S. You have to waist your time by calling them, usually hard to get through, forget emailing they take 15 days to respond), the last call an hour ago I was confirmed once again that all papers where there and any day now I would receive my confirmation (Once again), and no they cant do anything other than wait. So my verdict is even thou you might save a few euros (Which actually isn't the case in most flights for me, other airlines have been cheaper now and offer 10 times better service) its just not worth it.

Easyjet came out strong when it was launched with the right product at the right time but has gone really sour and should strongly be avoided.

cancellation of booking without notification

Re: easyjet

I monshur bari booked easy jet tickets on the 26th april 2007, booking reference number ecg2kn3 and ecg2m2t. It was supposedly to be a nice family holiday, my mum who suffers from diabetes always dreamed of going to spain, my son who just turn 1 years was going on his first holiday. My three little sisters age 17, 12 and 6 were very excited as this would be their fist visit to spain, alicante, myself and my wife.

04:40hrs I arrived with my family at easy jet check-in, when producing my booking reference print out I was told that I was not on the system. I was then asked to make my way to the check-in-counter where they will deal with my problem.

04:50hrs the check-in customer representative salina explained to me that my booking was canceled due to fraud activities taking place on my credit card. I was in despair when I heard this news as I was bamboozled to were this information came from since I was not aware of this. I explained to her, that easy jet has taken payment for the bookings I made 26th april and what she was saying must be some kind of mistake.

05:00hrs floor manager tracy was very rude she embarrassed in front of other customers, accusing me of committing fraud, in which I got very upset and angry. Tracy explained to me that I could not book the flights with my credit card and that I should pay with cash. I explained to tracy that I was not informed by easy jet by e-mail of this situation as I booked one month prior. Tracy responded that easy jet do not respond to e-mails which might be involved in fraudulent activities. I explained to tracy that if that is the case, easy jet should have contacted the card company the payment was made with in return they would get in touch with the card holder, which was me. At this point I was calling up my credit card company to confirm that easy jet has taken payment from my card and no so - called refund was received, which was confirmed by the halifax customer service officer.

0510hrs I excepted the fact that there must be some kind of mis understanding, to resolve the situation to get every body on their way I opted to pay for it in cash. I handed the money over only to find out that easy jet have sold my seats and there were no seating available. To this I was furious, you can understand my situation at 5am with my family I just wanted to get to my destination. I was given a reason from easy jet who are under mining halifax credit card service that there were fraudulent activities taking place on my card, which resulted in my booking being canceled. When there was no such thing which I can confirm in writing from halifax bank.

05:20hrs I refused to except any liabilities and demanded that easy jet put me and my family on an early flight to alicante as they have caused a great error, I refused to leave the desk until so... Jeanette (Manager) called the police on me.

05:30hrs p. C cole arrived on the scene badge no. Cc601 job serial no: 161 after his conversation with me, he concluded after providing him with evidence, pc cole physically speaking with halifax credit card service agent to confirm that easy jet has taken payment for the booking I made and the money was not refunded. Pc cole also clarified the visa card I made the initial booking was in no form part of a fraudulent use. Pc cole informed I should come back to the desk at 09:00hrs to speak with the finance team who will try and resolve my situation.

09:00hrs came back to the desk to call the finance this is the response I got as following e-mail:

Thank you for contacting easyjet. Below is the details of your request and our response. Should you need to contact us further regarding this matter, then please visit the contact us section of easyjet.com and submit another question.

Subject:

Pax req conf of what happened on his booking, which was canx due fraud.

Discussion thread
Response (Petra wax) 23/05/2007 09.35 am

Dear mr bari

I am writing to you regarding your booking ecg2kn3.

I was very sorry to hear that your booking was canceled and for this I would like to offer you our sincere apologies.

As discussed on the telephone, I can confirm that your booking was canceled due your contact details being to another booking, which was canceled on request of the card holder bank due to fraud. I can confirm that the amount of £654.50 was refunded back to your bank on 27th april 2007 and we would advise you to claim the amount through them.

Once again, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. To read more about our policies, please click on the following link http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Book/regulations.html

For quick reference, many questions can be answered under the "let us help you" section in the bottom left corner of our website.

Thank you again for contacting us mr bari. If you need any further help, please don't hesitate to contact us again via the contact us section of the easyjet web site.

Yours sincerely,
Petra wax
Customer services representative
Customer (Entered by petra wax) 23/05/2007 09.35 am
Pax req conf of what happened on his booking, which was canx due fraud

I am very upset with the whole situation I have spent a lot money for this holiday with my family and lost out on the villa I paid for in alicante. I have forwarded this letter to halifax credit card service who does not have a clue what your talking about and has agreed to refund my money from easy jet on the grounds that you did not provide me with a service, I paid for. I will be getting a confirmation letter from halifax credit card service to state that there were no fraudulent activities on my credit card. And that easy jet did not refund my money back to bank or inform them of any fraudulent activities. Together with this I will send all the corresponding letters to the consumer protection group, civil aviation authority. I have visited my citizens advice bureau and seeking legal advice for the grief that was caused to me and my family missing our holiday. I need to know in writing how you will help me to understand the conclusion you came up with, so this error does not happen again and to compensate me and my family for our loss which you have created.

One furious consumer... M bari.

• He
    Henrietta Charles Jul 15, 2007

Dear Andy,

I am unable to get hold of your customer services and have been trying to do so for a good day (4 hours). I am extremely disappointed as this is my second email to you and have not yet received any response. I am a regular traveler with easyjet and i am very disheartened by the fact that all my attempts to reach easyjet through email and via telephone have not been returned.

I was double charged for a change of dates traveling from nice to London when it was not requested.This took place this afternoon at around 2pm (French Time) when I was charged a sum of $68 Euros for the date of 13 July 2007. This is reaffirmed by the fact that in the change of booking I am still traveling on the same date and time which surely does not make sense.

I eventually had to change this booking to my original date of 24 July 2007. I was charged a sum of $26 Euros for this transaction. Could you kindly reimburse this amount and contact me at this number : +33676974888 and e-mail : [email protected]

All these transactions were given the same reference number : ECKT6VX.

unfair luggage charges

When boarding at Gatwick I was charged twenty five pounds because my luggage weighed 5kg over the maximum weight of 20kg. I find it completely unfair that there was no pre-warning of the maximum weight. There were several other passengers who were also forced to pay charges and whom were all also unaware that the maximum weight of luggage was just 20kg. Incredibly, there is a sign which reads " weight restrictions apply within reason". I do not believe that a twenty five pound charge is reasonable for 5kg. If Easyjet wish to be so strict with these rules then why don't they make it clear to flyers that this is the case? I suspect it is so they can make hundreds of pounds a day from their customers who simply do not have a choice in the matter. I think it is only fair that customers should be informed of the rules prior to their flights so they have the opportunity to ensure they do not go over the restrictions. To let people arrive at the boarding gate then tell them they are carrying too much is a totally unfair system. After all, the flyer can hardly do anything about it once at the gate.

• Mi
    Miss Kellie Mckeown Oct 04, 2007

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I am emailing a complaint regarding to a ridiculous payment I had to pay out to change a surname on a flight. I flew to Barcelona on Fri 28th Sept 2007 at 9.45am. However I realised that I had put my friends name on to the booking who was not flying instead of the friend who was flying. So as a result I had to change the name Mrs.Ann.Howard to Mrs.Ann.Taylor. I was charged £140 to change one name. Could you please explain to me why this amount was charged by Easyjet, compared to another airline which charges only £10 for the same thing. It was explained to me I had to pay for another flight, I do not understand or agree with this as there was empty seats on this flight. I would like to know how Easyjet can justify this.
    Miss Kellie Mckeown

Try booking and you will see what I mean!

incompetent staff, poor service!

I have traveled all over Africa and have found myself in all sort of delicate situations. But my Alicante airport incident gets first prize. On Friday 30th March 2007 I attempted to check in at Alicante airport on my way to Geneva. I was 2 kilos over weight and asked to take out any heavy object from my suitcase. I asked if it was possible to make an exception since I had no hand language. I received a firm no. I realized that the check in employee was not at liberty to take that difficult decision. I did not insist but asked if the manager could come and agree to my request. The very young manager arrived and said no. I explained that I did not have a bag to put the extra 2 kilos into and if he could make an exception. At that moment I realized that he did not have the professional skills to deal with the situation as he became quite rude. I reacted by saying that I would report the matter to his boss in Luton and asked to see his badge. He immediately turned the badge around. I tried to touch his badge where upon he violently grabbed my arm and threw it back at me. He proceeded to move his 2 meters and 100 kilos once step closer to me where he told me to shut up and never ever touch him. As I am not violent and realized that the situation was getting completely out of control I obeyed and immediately took out 2 bottles from my suitcase. I then approached the check-in desk where the Easyjet manager completed humiliating me by ordering the check in girl to not check me in. I pleaded with him using a number of “Please do not do this, sir” and “Please check me in, sir”. I was completely ignored and then left stranded. Having realized that a spiteful young dictator was on the loose I tried to contact a manager in Luton or Geneva with the intelligence to put a stop to this absurd situation. By chance I had one Luton phone number in my possession since Easyjet had lost my suitcase when I arrived in Alicante. This proved to be a dead end. I then called my wife in Geneva and asked her to get hold of someone in Geneva or Luton to solve this problem. Some telephone numbers lead to answering machines and the rest to people saying “please make a complaint on the internet”. As we live close to the airport my wife got into the car and tried to find someone that could be of some sort of assistance. With luck my wife recognized a marketing director that we had seen a couple times on Swiss TV. On my wife’s mobile phone I quickly explained to this director that Easyjet would no longer talk to me or sell me a ticket and that I had no access to internet to make a reservation for the next day. Furthermore I did not have enough Euros to take a taxi to get back into Alicante. This gentleman saved my life by making a reservation for me for the next day. When I asked about taxi fares and hotel he answered that it was my problem and to be happy that I had a free ticket. As I am not a person to ask for charity I will of course pay my fare if Easyjet can prove that I was wrong. But I have a feeling that I will end up sueing them. After obtaining a “free” ticket 4 hours after the incident I proceeded to the airport police to report the Easyjet’s manager’s aggression. An hour later I left with a document describing the incident. I recommended to the police and to Easyjet (in an email to Easyjet Geneva) to verify my story by taking a look at the security camera’s footage of the incident. This experience made me think more deeply into Easyjet policies and work force. I am certainly upset with the young dictator but I am outraged at the manager that put him into this job. I have traveled quite a few times with Easyjet and I have noticed that there are only very young inexperienced persons that work with this company. It appears that there is some sort of unwritten understanding that we agree to be treated like cattle because on some occasions we are able to buy cheap tickets. What is not immediately apparent is that Easyjet pay there unqualified staff very cheaply and at any given moment disgruntled staff take revenge on their passengers who are the cause of their low salaries. As a consequence there is a high turnover of young staff which reflects on the quality of security in their planes. Easyjet have found it economically much cheaper to confront dissatisfied passengers than to employ qualified staff with higher salaries that would immediately solve 99% percent of passenger problems. It is furthermore Easyjet’s policy to make it virtually impossible for anyone to complain by phone. I have attempted to make a simple complaint by email and received an automatic answer that I would probably receive an answer in 20 days time. During this incident my wife found out that this Alicante Easyjet manager had discovered in the same day that I had pressed charges for his aggression against me. As I felt that my safety was threatened I could not sleep that night fearing that the dictator would be back the next day to carry out a new spiteful vengeance. I tried to email andy AT easyjet.com (he could be some manger) to ask him for protection but never ever received an answer. So much for security and client satisfaction. I would recommend to all future Easyjet passengers to make sure that they obtain before leaving home a phone number of an Easyjet director with the power to sort out immediately problems originating from their incompetent staff.

Chris Lucas Jul 13, 2009

Yes the same thing happened to me in Gatwick after a long haul from the US. Easyjet groundstaff are the rudest.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices