Dri*kaspersky Lab / unaurthorized charges

DRI*Kaspersky Lab $449.95 USD
My bank was debited a total of $899.90 from PayPal

Comments

16th of Aug, 2009

Was also charged $449.95 from DRI*Kaspersky Lab (Digital River, Inc.) via PayPal... fraudulent charge put through my credit card... made on August 15, 2009... actually has a shipping address to some person in Millington, NJ...would love to pursue a criminal case...

• La
      24th of Aug, 2009

I also received unauthorized charges from the same company. 4 different charges on my bank of america visa bill ... two for 9.95 each and two others for 79.95 each. I called my card and the charges are being reversed. I am wondering if they have card info and I should cancel this card.

• Ir
      25th of Aug, 2009

I just got charged 299.75 thru PAYPAL. I had to cancel my card. If anyone pursues this let me know, I'd like to fry this dirtbag.

• Al
      30th of Aug, 2009

I have just been charged £862.80 through Paypal can someone help

• Al
      30th of Aug, 2009

Not amused as this has left me in financial hardship

1st of Sep, 2009

I was also a victim of this a**hole - 2 charges at $1, 004.95 each - right out of my checking account via paypal on Aug 30th - I'd like to file criminal charges as well - And why hasn't paypal done anything to prevent further victims? I can't believe this...

• Ac
      1st of Oct, 2009

I was charged 120$from this a**hole also. It may not be much, but I am a college student and any money I have now is greatly needed for unexpected bills. Stealing from others really PISSES me off also.

• Me
      10th of Oct, 2009

My husband's account was compromised and over $1400 was used last week. ATMs in NY (we're in TX) and some online company called ZoneLab. We disputed and he got a new card...mine had no unauthorized activity.

Tonight we see online that MY card now is being used for the same online product, ZoneLab, as well as Digital River. About $400 additional charges. I cross referenced these two companies to see if there was a correlation and "Kaspersky" came up in my google search, at which time I realized that these are all connected.

We purchased our laptop several months ago from Best Buy, who recommended we purchase Kaspersky Anti-Virus. We cancelled the service in July. The Geek Squad from BB had our computer to work on it in August. Then our fraudulent charges began weeks later.

Coincidence? We think not.

• Pj
      12th of Nov, 2009

I just noticed a charge of $59.95 from "DRI KASPERSKY LAB" on my account and contacted my bank. They said they couldn't do anything about it since it was a "pending" charge, so I tried to contact the company directly. That led me to Googling the company's name to try to find their contact information.

What an freaking scam! The first five web pages that come up are consumer complaints and credit card fraud pages detailing various charges on unsuspecting consumers. I finally found the number for DRI and called them at 951-253-1234. The customer service rep said somebody with the email address "jennygarza78341@gmail.com" placed this order. I've never heard of any such person, but they apparently also know my old mailing address (and NOT my billing address, I might add). They also somehow got a hold of my credit card number and expiration date.

It would seem that DRI needs to step up their credit card verification process. For example, how about actually verifying someone's CORRECT billing address before authorizing a charge. Also, they have security codes on credit cards for a reason. It seems like these easy steps would have saved us all a lot of hardship. Unless, of course, employees of the company are actually the ones perpetrating these schemes.

Well, looks like I'm changing all of my credit cards again. ### these people.

• Kr
      14th of Sep, 2010

They just got me twice for $230 each. There pending on by bank account so we'll see what happen when I dispute them. We should all file with attorney generals office in Massachusetts.

I am...

• Ye
      23rd of Aug, 2012

I thought consumers should know. I discovered a charge for $139.95 on my online bank account from "DRI*kaspersky.com". I caught this within 48 hours, contacted my bank who located a phone # after googling. 1-866-328-5700. I spoke with a "customer service representative" who wanted additional personal information from me in order to look up this charge. My email, billing address etc. did not match anything in their database. I was then asked to fax a copy of my bank statement to 952-253-8760...my full bank statement...not! I was then transferred to a supervisor who convinced me to give my debit card # only. The charge was located and I was verbally told that a refund would be processed immediately. The supervisor would not give me information on the person who fraudulently used my card #: she could only inform that his or her email address ended in hotmail.com. I was told that the case would be forwarded to their fraud department and to contact my bank to inform that the charge would be refunded within 5-7 business days. I took notes and have names of individuals whom I spoke with but will not disclose as they were very kind and considerate despite my obvious aggressiveness towards a resolution.

Of course, I called my bank and cancelled the card and now have to wait up to 10 business days for a new card to arrive. I will purchasing more items with cash versus bank debit/credit card in the future. I did ask for a confirmation # regarding the refund and was informed that it could be emailed to me. As I type, I'm waiting to receive the email. I would advise all to check your transactions often. May God bless all who read this post.

• Ol
      23rd of Aug, 2012

This Kaspersky is a PITA (Pain in the ###) scam. We closed the account they somehow got ahold of and are still getting charges under an old # that was cancelled. Where are they getting these numbers? We do NOTHING on line with a credit card just for this reasson. Need to get a group together and shut these ###s down!!!

• Jb
      31st of Jul, 2013

Just this week, July 30, 2013, my son, who is interning overseas, had his Visa card charged TWICE by DRI*Kaspersky and he never asked for their services. This is a scam. These people are headquartered in Minnesota. WHY are they still in businesss ripping off people around the world for millions and millions of dollars? They need to be in prison for life and any money they have needs to be absconded to pay for their prosecution and to pay back the credit cards and individuals who have been harmed. They may be funneling the money overseas (e.g., Russia), but they maintain that base here, and that needs to be DESTROYED. I am calling all who read this to contact Washington, the FBI and the Minnesota crimes division of the FBI to break up this crime ring. It sounds like Russian Mafia to me, and I'm not even a conspiracy theory type. Get these people out of here and stop ripping us off. THEY ARE NOT AN ANTI-VIRUS PROTECTION COMPANY. IT IS A SCAM!!!

• Se
      17th of Feb, 2014

I was just charged $75.72, which dropped my account on an overdrive and now I had to pay29.50 for a transaction that I didn't do! what in heavens is happening here, and as far as I have rea, this is very fishy indeed. I think I will take matters on it.

• Ro
      19th of Oct, 2014

Same thing happened to me for $74.00. Penalties for fraud like this need to be much more severe. Hopefully I am reimbursed for this ###. Kaspersky is obviously not what they seem. I will pursue action.

• Ji
      23rd of Feb, 2015

I just found that I have a $64.00 charge on my thank account. Any advise on how to retrieve this fee and report the scammers?

• Br
      15th of Jul, 2015

The anti-virus program was not installed, although remittance through Visa credit card was made on 16th May 2015.

25th of May, 2016

i received an email from paypal saying that they charged me 31 USD for a transaction i did not do! PAYPAL is supposed to be clean and free from harm! I get this!!! This!!!

• Li
      16th of Oct, 2017

Bonjour, je n'ai pas demander de renouvellement pour l'antivirus DRI KASPERSKY LAB 952-908-4089MN. Le 3 octobre vous m'avez envoyé un compte de 99.99 USD $ sur ma carte CIBC. J'aimerais que vous me remettiez mon argent et que vous annuliez ce logiciel pour moi car depuis plus de 2 ans je suis avec AVIRA et je suis satisfaite. Je compte sur vous pour régler le problème et me retourner mon argent.
    Liliane Boisvert
    lilybois@hotmail.com

• Lo
      9th of Dec, 2017

Je n'ai pas demandé le renouvellement de l'antivirus DRI KASPERSKY LAB 952 908 4089 MN. Vous avez débité 109, 99 US sur ma carte Visa.
    Je vous demande de me crédité le même montant et annuler ce logiciel.
    Louis Beauce