Domino's Pizza / tow happy

1 Columbia, MO, United States Review updated:

When my son gets his hair straightened, I often go to the Domino's pizza nearby and get a pizza and take it to the salon. I usually park in the Domino's lot - which is always 90% vacant as it is more convenient. This last time I went, my husband had arrived at the salon first and I decided to check with him before ordering. He said he wanted to get Chinese food this time so we walked across the street for dinner. Imagine my shock when we came back and my car had been towed. Please note that the lot had only two cars in it - one was the delivery vehicle and another, I'm assuming, was an employee car. I went into the store and said, "I can NOT believe you towed my car!!" Their response was, "We towed 3 tonight." The cost to get the car out of the tow lot was $120. Domino's has lost my $600 plus per year business and I'm sure they lost business from the other cars that were towed. I can see towing cars when the lot is strained for space. I can't see it on a Monday night when no one is in the lot. It's also the holidays and the economy is in a spiral. The Domino's sign does say, "For Domino's Pizza customers only." To Domino's - I might not have bought a pizza that night but I buy at least 4 each month and another 4 or so a year when I park in your lot and walk over to the salon. So I DID consider myself a Domino's customer. I'll now buy NO pizza from Domino's and I will never recommend it. Check "towing and Domino's" on the web. It seems this policy isn't isolated but rather appears to be encouraged.

Comments

• Pl
      20th of May, 2009

Are you serious? You said yourself the sign says "For Domino's Pizza customers only".

You parked in the lot and were NOT a customer that night, so your car was towed.

Get over it. It was your own fault!!