Dollar General Store / rude... no customer service

1 900 W. National Highway, Washinton, IN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 812-254-1077

On Nov. 7th I purchases 4 items from this store...Amount paid $15.58 for items. Day or two later tried to return the pet bed for $5.00. The sales person said could not return until check cleared. So I went back to store on Nov. 17th to return the pet bed. The person who was at register this time was Richie...think he suppose to be manager or assistant manager in that store. Anyway, he asked what problem was..I said, cat wasn't interested in the bed, so wanted to return it. I gave him the receipt. I had items I wanted to purchase on counter. I told him I need my receipt back..he said I couldn't have it. He told me I could read refund rules. I told him it did not say you had to keep receipt. He said; yeah but I need it for all my paperwork. I said you could make copy; he said; don't have copying machine. Then he got hateful and said..Well, do you want it or not! I said ; give it to me (referring to the receipt). So I just took the receipt; left items I wanted on the counter and left the store. There was other customers around at this time; who could hear his hateful way. So today, Nov. 19th I went to Vincennes; wanted to see how it would be to return it in this store. I returned it; got refund and inquired how I could file a complaint on Richie from Washington Dollar General Stoare. When I ask for refund Bonnie took care it very simply and kindly. She spoke to follow employee there very nicely when she questioned her about something. Then Bonnie went and got Annette (manager or assistant manager of that store). Annette was very kind and helpful to let me know what I should do when treated wrong.

Comments

• Ev
      30th of Nov, 2009
    Dollar General Store - bad service / bad pructs
    dollar general#00401
    Salem
    Missouri
    Phone: 573-729-6337

On 11/30/09 at 15:36:32 I purchased several items, one of which was a 6 pack of dr pepper soda. The checker bagged them for me, I placed them in the cart and exited the store. Upon arrivale at my truck I noticed my boot was wet. The 6 pk of soda was leaking through the bag, through the cart, and onto the ground. I the took the bag of soda back to door and ask one of the ladies what I should do with leaking cans, and if I could have an exchance. I was told that it was not their problem. And shunned off. Ithen took out the two leaking cans dropped in front of the door, and left with 2 cans shy of what I paid for. Come to find the other 4 was flat.

Happy holidays to me;

• Be
      31st of Jan, 2012
    Dollar General Store - i will use another store from here on out
    Dollar General Store

I bought several items. The price seemed high but I did not read my ticket until I got home. I made three trips to the store to settle my complaint one way or the other. Each time I was told the manager was not available. Finally a young small girl with dark hair just brushed me off rudely saying it was a mistake of the register. Too bad. It involved $13 and a little change. That is a lot of money to me. I will use another store from here on out. The smaller girl was rude.

• Eb
      17th of Mar, 2013
    Dollar General Store - rude employee
    Dollar General Store
    Waynesboro
    Tennessee

I was shopping in the dog food aisle when a employee literally
    Stomped over to the aisle I was in, reached down in the floor and picked up a toy off of the floor and threw it up on the shelf. I had apparently dropped something and I did not realize it but the woman employee stomped over to me and said, "I would like to see what your house looks like, as lazy as you are. You probably throw everything on the floor." I will NOT be returning until she has been released,