Dollar General / ive got one for ya

United States Review updated:
3.75
I've got one for you. I work at a Dollar General where there is no organization. Being the third key and someone who cares about the store, I work hard. The district manager is sleeping with my manager, and the asst. manager uses this info to benefit herself. The assistant manager has missplaced her keys on three occasions that I know of, and no disciplinary action has been taken. Both managers leave the backroom and the sales floor in disorder. They will leave boxes and other items piled up instead of putting them where they belong. I feel that I have been used and I'm a big sucker for thinking that if you work hard and keep our nose clean, you can move up in the company. This is especially clear when your managers are unorganized and are basically there for a paycheck. They are both consistently late for work and often complete no work on their shift.They are constantly on their cell phones which is against company policy. They also wear blue jeans and are rarely in proper uniform. Dollar General tends to promote the worst people, and let the hard workers get frustrated and quit. I have recently told the manager to cut my hours back because I am completely disgusted with how things are done there. What they don't know is I'm cutting back on how hard I work also. I plan to go in and do my share, and watch the store go back to being as dirty and disorganized as it was before I started.
Gu

Comments

Ch
  29th of Nov, 2008
I agree with what you are saying because it is true, i also work at dollar general and for my time there have witnessed on many accounts dishonesty and unfair treatment. I go in do my job and go home but the way i look at it is that if that is what they do and you see there is a problem and there is no one around to help you it's up to you to help yourself and the other people that may also see a problem but don't say anything.
Ex
  13th of Jun, 2009
If you want to advance in a career, forget Dollar General. I worked for a store for 5 years and was eventually made manager. I brought the store up to a very productive store and one day the district manager decided to fire me for something very stupid. You will be much happier to be out of there as soon as possible. Hard work for this company only leads to abuse and being dismissed.

Dollar General Logo Dollar General