Dish Network / installed wrong service/refuse to correct

98 washington street suite 2, Gloucester, MA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 078-283-1250

I called on March 21st 2012 and inquired on services for my apartment. I wanted 1-Dvr for living-room, 1 -duel receiver for two small bedrooms and 1 single receiver for master-bedroom. I paid $224.00 up front. Installation was on March 23rd 2012. I was very clear on what I wanted installed. When the technician finished instillation I was told that a duel Dvr was installed in the living room which controlled the master-bedroom and the living room.which means I have watch what I'm recording or the person in the master-bedroom has to watch whats recording. If you have to watch whats recording what good is it. I immediately called their customer service after speaking to five different people I was transferred to a supervisor who told me if i wanted an additional receiver for the master-bedroom I would have to pay them an additional $200.00. I also found out my one year contract magically became a two year contract. I told them I don't like being lied to by their sales reps. I wanted them to uninstall my service and refund my deposit. I was rudely told they will do that but my card would be charged for two years of service for breach of contract. I contacted the B.B.B. in Colorado because there are no offices in Massachusetts. They contacted the company's resolution department and I received a call from Christine who told me I can have the service I wanted If I now pat $300.00 for the single receiver for the master-bedroom. where I already have service it would be considered an up- grade. I don't want an up-grade I want the service I ordered. Christine then told my I can cancel my service and she will refund my deposit in three weeks, My response was how do you expect me to believe you will send my refund. I told her to put it in writing because I will take the to small claims court and sue them for the maximum amount for the stress and aggravation I have had for what is now six days of running around in circles with this company. i was then told that they would charge me $95.00 to pick up the equipment. In not so many nice words i told her where to go and that the president or C.E.O. of the company is the only people from this company that I will deal with. Why does this company believe they can steal and lye to there customers and get away with it. Where is the licensing board in all of this.Someone and I am going to push to find out who has jurisdiction over this company that is not properly overseeing that they are conducting business under the correct guide lines.

Comments

• Mi
      13th of Jun, 2012

Diana e Orlando,

Allow me to assist you in getting this whole situation squared away as I came across it and see that things had gotten a bit haywire. It sounds like the technician wired the system so that the duo receiver operated both the living room and master bedroom, while the two individual solos were set up in the small bedrooms. Was a technician visit ever offered to get someone out there and rewire it? Send me your account number in a private message so I can take a look and get one set up for you to get that done.