Dish Network / bad customer service

Englewood, FL, United States Review updated:

We had dish about 13 months and we decide to go with someone else because we would lose signal when their was a storm within 100 miles of our home, We live in Florida we have storms every day down here.We canceled our service and was told we had an early cancelation fee of 196.50 we still are beter off because if we have a hurricane i want to see what is going on with out lossing signal.Now they told us to send back the reciversat 15 dollars each and they said they would send the boxes we told them we had the boxes witch the tech told us to keep incase we had to send them back, But he sai we cant use them and he would sen new ones. I told him their was one of their stores in our town and could we drop them off there he said no WHY? is this store not a part of Dish Network Company? He even wants my wife to climb a ladder to take down the dish its self! She is 78 and i'm handicapped! Great company!!! NOT! Will never have again and i will let everyone know about them!!!

Comments

• Mf
      Sep 27, 2010

I got 3 different answers from 3 different Dish network rep's involving installation of my HD satellite system.The last rep. from Dish told me that my rate would not increase.1 month later my bill had increased by $20.The next month it doubled.Dish Network is the worst satellite company i've had to deal with.I do not recommend them to anyone.I hope that they go out of business soon.Nearly 1200 complaints by 1 site alone, can't be all wrong.

• Al
      Dec 22, 2010

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network. I apologize there was so much confusion regarding the upgrade. We make every effort to provide accurate and consistent information to our customers. There are some situations that may cause your bill to increase or change. If you still have concerns about your bill or an increase you can email me at alicia.[protected]@dishnetwork.com

•   Jul 19, 2011

Hi, englewooddave1, your post caught my attention! Don't worry about the LNBF (the "eye" piece on the dish satellite). Especially if you folks are incapable of climbing up there to retrieve it, please don't risk the injury. As far as the boxes are concerned that you should ship the equipment back in, you can go ahead and use the ones you already have; you don't need to wait for another shipment to arrive. If we go that route, however, let me know when you receive this reply to your post so I can give you some more information you'll need to ship that back to us!

Jul 21, 2011

Agreed! Terrible Customer Services.
    The supervisor hung up on me because she doesn't want to hear me complaining about their services!