Dish Network / couldn't install - won't let me out of contract

I ordered a move of my Dish service. The technician couldn't install at the new condo site, because the internal wiring was not compatible and he would have to tap into the outdoor box (that Time Warner owned), run wire 600 feet to the building, snake the wire up the side of the building, drill through the balcony wall, into the master bedroom, drill through the master bedroom to run wires across the floor to the other side of the bedroom, where he would drill through that wall to get to the family room for hook-up. Dish won't let me out of the contract and is charging $227.50 in early termination fees. They say my contract is for the previous residence only, but my contract says no such thing.

Ma
May 6, 2013

Comments

• Ta
      6th of May, 2013

Yes. Sounds that way to me too.

6th of May, 2013

Just like most contracts the contract is written based on when and where you originally set up service. By moving to a new location, you initiated a change. Dish is only liable in guaranteeing they can offer service at the original address. The change you made is not the issue of dish and therefore he cost of initial installation needs recouped. The contract does not need to be stated about the move because the contract was for the initial installation. Dish is courteousness to try and move to a new location for little to no charge, but you are ultimatly the one responsible.

• Mi
      7th of May, 2013

marceljulie,

I appreciate the information in the responses to your situation and would love to help you! If you could please send me your account number in a private message, I can look over everything and further assist you. Thank you very much for your cooperation and I look forward to hearing from you!

4th of Jun, 2013

Read reviews and complaints from employees about working at Dish Networks http://masterjobs.net/dish-network

• Mi
      11th of Jun, 2013

masterjobs.net,

Thank you for bringing any concerns of this nature to our attention. We would like to look into them further for anyone who'd like some assistance if they can please private message me with their contact information so we can have someone reach out to them. Thank you.