Dish Network / changing local channels map

3681 Phil Spooner Rd, Donalsonville, GA, United States Review updated:

I have been a customer of Dish Network for 7 plus years. Reason I left Direct Tv was they could not provide local channels out of Dothan, Alabama which is 23 miles from my house. I have paid DishNetwork for this service since a regular antenna has never worked well. But low and behold, I leave for work this morning and some brain dead person decides to change my local channels to Tallahassee Fl which is 75 plus miles to the east of me. The customer rep tells me I would have to move to Jakin, Ga which is less than 2 miles for my house. Forget asking the paying customer which the prefer. I see how this company feel about their long time customers. I am exploring my options and if DirectTv wants to pick up their business I suggest they jump on this. I strongly feel I am not the only one ill about DishNetworks not caring about their own customers...

Comments

30th of Apr, 2012

None of the tv poviders choose which locals to offer. They are outline in leagal terms based on availability and the lines drawn by the fcc. I would contact the fcc and lodge a cmplaint with them, but this is of no fault of dish network or direct tv.

• Al
      1st of May, 2012

Hi there,

My name is Alicia with DISH. I want to apologize about the confusion and inconvenience. We are unable to control what local channels you are able to receive due to state and/or city guidelines. Local channels are determined by your geographical location, although one city may be closer the boundary line will vary. Each local provider will have a right to provide locals to customers based on their physical address. We are required to abide by these regulations. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to email me directly.

Alicia.[protected]@DISH.com