Dish Network / weeks of no service

After spending 6 years with Dish, working with a young company in the early years, forgiving their mistakes that cost me weeks of no service.

Huge upfront costs and a years service upfront to a get a good deal

Paying for service that I went days and days with out because each time the dish was out of alignment, because of wind or weather, I would have to have a "service call" out to realign your signal. In 6 years I had 10 service calls. Thats $1,650.00 just to keep my signal tuned correctly. Now I do not live in a windy place. They chose the roof installation and said it was best for reception. I think it was best for the installers. I am unable to access the roof so I have no choice but to call for service.

Customer service; I have been yelled at, swore at, threatened with instant disconnection of service; after Dish changed the contract terms 2 years after additional equipment was added.

Even though I met the requirements for a "mobile site" and was signed up as one after 4 years of using Dish 2 years later the terms suddenly changed, they wanted a new separate account and the CSR people were pathetic, swore at me and laughed that he could instantly turn me off.

There is no way to positively I.D. the CSR people as they are located at 3 call centers across the country. The names and numbers never seem to match up. Even though the CSR people will swear, no one gets rude or crude. You are at a disadvantage because there is no real way to track them.

As much as I dislike the owner of Direct TV, I have to say if your forced to pick go with Direct TV.

Dish was once a good vibrant company at first but times are getting tough and they are squeezing every dime they can out of every corner they can. Long term customer or new. Expect big promises and good talk till the money is theirs.

Then the good CSR goes out the door along with your investment.

Equipment. These fantastic deals, expect the cheap tuners with limited capability. For the HD models that provides DVR playback with the ability to watch other stations $350.00 to $600.00. Want to get your local stations. Your going to pay extra for a antenna that goes on back of your dish. and a monthly fee for locals.

Want different channels in different rooms, more expensive equipment. A dual LNB, switching equipment that costs more. Each receiver in each room $5.00 to $10.00 extra a month. So all that little stuff adds up too a big bill with a lot lot of things that break.

Expect to pay for a 2 room set up with a DVR and the ability to watch different stations in each room their full package which includes premium movie channels $130.00 a month. WITHOUT High Definition. That Package will cost you more.

No Football.

Soccer and Cricket Cost you more money. Huge amounts but they do have it.

There is also pay per view movies which you will be buying as the premium channels are very slow with new releases, the pay per view selection is poor at best.

What it boils down too. Dish was a vibrant young company in the late 90s. They worked hard to build a company that was dedicated to bringing the subscriber a good product, even though the distribution and dealer network was a mess they tried to live up to their word and real people cared about the business.

Dish TV then hinged everything they had on merging with Direct TV, Ruppert Murdoch's satellite company. In 2003 and it looked like the merger was going through.

The customers were being primed for the new and bigger Dish. They touted the importance of one strong satellite company to provide competition to the cable industry. This would protect all consumers with lower prices and better service for all. When you hear that, it sounds like the HMO's in the 80s

The thing Dish forgot, Murdoch is a lot smarter then the guys at Dish TV and has been eating small fish for dinner a long time.

The deal fell through. Dish yelled at the government, tried to get every customer to fight their battles for them by writing YOUR representatives. They are always asking you to do that for one reason or another.

It was just plan stupid business. Is Murdoch going to get bought out of a expanding market like satellite, heck no. Business 101.

So Dish is hanging on by a thread. Losing more per month then it takes in. Like any struggling company that once was flush and vibrant they have elected to take a crude route and put a screw into everything that they can get a dime out of you. A promise You will feel that empty pocket feeling and that every dime has been charged for every screw they use to install your cabling. No kidding.

So by all means check carefully before you put forth a lot of money for what cable provides for much cheaper and more reliable. I am very sorry for my mistakes but willing to share them to prevent others from falling for the "new old dish".

• Derricsmama's Response, Jun 15, 2018

I returned my equipment, when I got a charge for $99 saying they never received it. This is BS. Just want everyone to know about this scam dish is doing, I'M not the only one they have done this to

• Gary Webber's Response, Jun 30, 2018

How may times do I need to repeat my complaint before you [censored]s act on it ... Are all of you on drugs...????

Va

Comments

• De
      19th of Feb, 2014

What has happened to you is happening to me!! Dish sucks. I wish I knew who to contact. I think this website is pointless. Have you had any results?

• Iz
      14th of Aug, 2018
    Dish Network / Dish.com - Monitors
    Deerfield, Kansas

I don't know how many times we've called and complained about how our monitors are literally NEVER working and are ALWAYS needing restarts up to 3+ times before they ACTUALLY start working again. Tech have come to "check it out" but have YET to fix this problem of 6 months now. WTH!

• Ga
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Dish Network / Dish.com - Latenight movies
    Ocala
    Florida

On 6/30/18 I was watching Arrow in the Dust which was supposed to go from 11PM to 1 Am... At 12 midnight the movie was cut off and a Roy Rogers movie clicked in ... You have a programmer that needs to be fired ... He or she is obviously on some kind of drugs to be so stupid...!!!

• Pe
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Dish Network / Dish.com - I need my channels 270/34
    Temecula
    California

I need my channels back on!!! I am very up set that my channels are not on!!! I will need you guys to fix it now!!!

• De
      16th of Aug, 2018
    Dish Network / Dish.com - Return of equipment

I was charged for not returning their cheap ads equipment when I did mail it back! I was with dish for years then when I cancelled they treat you like sh@#! I will talk to a lawyer about this!

• Pa
      16th of Aug, 2018
    Dish Network / Dish.com - you are mixing up on lineup movies

for the last week the listing for a particular show/movie does not match what is actually showing & it is not one channel it is on several channels

20th of Aug, 2018
    Dish Network / Dish.com - TV
    Rexburg
    Idaho

What is with the time delay between the video and audio on MSNBC? The last 4 days it has been about 2 seconds. This is in Eastern Idaho.

20th of Aug, 2018
    Dish Network Driver - Driver

Travelling I-40 between Amarillo, Tx and Elk City, OK. Dish Network truck passed, slowed down and hit road shoulders multiple times. Then, passed us again. Repeat. On phone entire time. He is going to kill someone. Tag number of truck attaced in pic. No truck number present; just Dish Network lolo.

• Mi
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Dish Network / Dish.com - Tailgater and Wally

Spent over $600 for service in my camper in April and after three trips will not work. Took home and set up called dish and they were no help. Spent many hours on phone to no avail. They finally referred me to the tailgate company but they were to busy to help. At ropes end next step is to call credit card company and cancel the charge.

21st of Aug, 2018
    Dish Network / Dish.com - Stealing of your money false advertising.

They charge me four rooms hook ups then want to charge cause my tech took the old ones and didn't leave any new ones.they tell you one thing an say another false advertising. Dish mean what you say. Stop cheating the system after while it will beat you.

• Wa
      28th of Aug, 2018
    Dish Network / Dish.com - Taking money out of my account when I'm not on the account
    Tulsa
    Oklahoma

I was upset when I found out dish Network took $440 out of my account that money was supposed to be used to buy my kids clothes an now I cant cause they took my money I want a refund

• Fr
    Hotwire Communications - TV service/channel lineup

Stay aware from Hotwire Communications. Their channel lineup is a lie. OWNER/MANAGEMENT CARE ABOUT THEIR POCKETS ONLY NOT CUSTOMER CONCERNS!!! I HAVE BEEN A TWO YEAR SUBSCRIBER

• Go
    Dish Network / Dish.com - Selling Anti-American/ Anti-Trump News

I was sold a plan that contained MSNBC News. This is not news! It is Anti-American/ Anti-Trump propaganda B.S.. Dish network should be ashamed of themselves for selling this crap! All I want to do is watch real news. I spoked to a manager and he would not help me out. My two year contract is almost up and I will not be renewing

1st of Sep, 2018
    Dish Network / Dish.com - harasment by your empoyee dayley on my tv its been going on for years now.
    Fresno
    California

daily harassment by your employee that's been going on for years and u do nothing about it. using dish net equipment he can probably see this and may even delete it because he has access to a computer somewhere in your business

• Bs
      4th of Sep, 2018
    Dish Network / Dish.com - Cable service

If this problem is not taken care of soon we will go with someone else et, we have been long time customers .

• Li
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Dish Network / Dish.com - Cannot get service
    Brookville
    Indiana
    Dish.com

Been on phone all day with dish cannot get service

• Bh
      11th of Sep, 2018
    Dish Network / Dish.com - DISH $100 Gift Card SCAM
    Evans
    Georgia

I was promised a $100 gift card if I signed up to DISH, after about 5 months no gift card and when I called DISH I was given the phone number 800-203-0008 to call. That phone number ends in either busy or endless on hold.