Dish Network / dish network disaster!

I don't have time to tell the whole story, blow by blow. You don't have time to read it!

Just the highlights:

I have been a loyal Dish customer since the early 90s. I pay my bills, on time. Their service never was good and it has been deteriorating dramatically. For 3 years I was charged for an additional receiver I DID NOT HAVE. Someone was getting service at my expense. No number of calls or complaints could get the charge off my bill. (A Dish employee perhaps the beneficiary???)

Finally, I contacted the State Attorney General. Dish didn't like that. Finally they agreed to credit my account substantially. When the next bill came, I had been CHARGED the amount that was to be credited. (There had been the ongoing collection of "little" mistakes, additions, etc. in the bills, NEVER TO MY ADVANTAGE!) But this was BIG.

Company response: denials, disconnects, unkept promises, lies, accusations (when and if I got through to someone). Response to written complaints: "We must have lost your letter."

I have been charged for equipment that I did not order; I have not received that which I did order. Charges appear on my bill that are totally fictitious. I am charged twice. Service calls are made and they do not show up. The equipment functions poorly if at all. The company provides what is now essentially NO SUPPORT. The [protected]-DISH number is a joke; it will take you hours to get through the multiple choices, the disconnects, the canned music, the obstructions, the uninformed and the unintelligent. When you manage to get a "human", they are in India or the Philippines, and don't speak English.

Unfortunately, Dish has a strangle hold on many areas of this country.

They are the best advertisement for buying books, newspapers, and computers I have seen!

Steer clear of this company at all cost!

Their performance is so bad, I seriously worry about their viability as a company: no one can be THAT bad and survive!

Ja

Comments

• Dw
      30th of Jul, 2014

This company is the worst as farr as service. I never knew you could be in a contract and still pre pay. The programming stinks and the lest bit of rain and my service is interrupted. I ask for two days for a 51.00 bill and because I was in a prepay contract. they could not do it. Been with them 10 months and I will pay the termination fee just to get rid of them. Run don't walk as far away as you can get.