Dish Network / dish network disaster!
I don't have time to tell the whole story, blow by blow. You don't have time to read it!
Just the highlights:
I have been a loyal Dish customer since the early 90s. I pay my bills, on time. Their service never was good and it has been deteriorating dramatically. For 3 years I was charged for an additional receiver I DID NOT HAVE. Someone was getting service at my expense. No number of calls or complaints could get the charge off my bill. (A Dish employee perhaps the beneficiary???)
Finally, I contacted the State Attorney General. Dish didn't like that. Finally they agreed to credit my account substantially. When the next bill came, I had been CHARGED the amount that was to be credited. (There had been the ongoing collection of "little" mistakes, additions, etc. in the bills, NEVER TO MY ADVANTAGE!) But this was BIG.
Company response: denials, disconnects, unkept promises, lies, accusations (when and if I got through to someone). Response to written complaints: "We must have lost your letter."
I have been charged for equipment that I did not order; I have not received that which I did order. Charges appear on my bill that are totally fictitious. I am charged twice. Service calls are made and they do not show up. The equipment functions poorly if at all. The company provides what is now essentially NO SUPPORT. The [protected]-DISH number is a joke; it will take you hours to get through the multiple choices, the disconnects, the canned music, the obstructions, the uninformed and the unintelligent. When you manage to get a "human", they are in India or the Philippines, and don't speak English.
Unfortunately, Dish has a strangle hold on many areas of this country.
They are the best advertisement for buying books, newspapers, and computers I have seen!
Steer clear of this company at all cost!
Their performance is so bad, I seriously worry about their viability as a company: no one can be THAT bad and survive!
More Dish Network Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Dish Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service 
- Dish Network - as a former employee let me tell you 
- Dish Network - dish network receiver equipment scam!!! 
- Infinity Dish - infinity dish scam 
- [Resolved] Dish Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - satellite reception 
- Dish.com - service
- Dish Network / Dish.com - on demand service
- Dish Network / Dish.com - 702 934-3800 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - customer service and supervisors at dish network