Dish Network / overcharging and harassment!

Dish Network accounts receivable is absolutely unbelievable. I have received numerous calls from collection agencies for $$ that I do not owe. Not once have I received a call from Dish Network. DN has overcredited my account, charged my cc for amounts not owed and now months after all was settled ran another charge for $600 for equipment that was returned several months ago. I seriously wonder if part of their business model is to harass prior customers until they receive $$ that was not ever due to DN. Be very careful if you allow DN to charge to a CC. They will dig up any card # they have and run random charges without any written explanation.

Comments

• Ge
      30th of Sep, 2010

I have not had dish network for almost two years. Now they are saying I did not return there receiver, which they sent a box out for within a week after discontinued service. They have started charging me monthly for service, which I'm not receiving and said they will look up and charge my credit card on file if I don't pay. Is there anything you can do about harrassment like this?

• Ke
      15th of May, 2012

I had Dish for 2 years and had several issues with them overbilling me among other atrocious service problems. No matter how many times I called to resolve the problems, even if I did it before I expected to have an issue, it didn't make any difference. After my contract was up I cancelled my service and returned my equipment. They sent me a bill for over $170 for a subscription package that I NEVER EVEN USED, in fact even if I were to subscribe to this programming it wouldn't even begin until two months AFTER I cancelled service. I still get calls from Dish demanding that I pay them this money, FU buddy and I don't care if you want to report me to a collection agency/scammer. I've filed two BBB claims against Dish (both successful) and this is the only way to get them to back off.