Dish Network / scam artists

United States Review updated:
dish network
I've had several experiences with dish network over the years, dating back to the 1980's when you had to buy your equipment, which I did paying for the equipment + 1 year's programming up front. Back then the dish was $199 + $25 per month for programming, total $500. First month I get a bill from dish for $299 plus programming when the balance owed should have been zero! After calling the number [protected]-dish) many times and picking the billing option on the automated answerer, I would be put on hold indefinetly or hung up on. So I call and pick the (add new service option). Surprise! I instantly get a real person to talk to. After spending much time on the phone, explaining how I blindly payed for the equipment and service in cash, in advance, I'm told to ignore the bill, it would be taken care of & everything was o.k. Next month I get a bill for $299 + 2 mos. programming + a service disconnect notice if it is not payed. Long story short, it took 3 more months and many more phone calls to finally get it straightened out. (their dime, right?) After 8 years as a customer I switched to directv, (sometimes change is good), but switched back after moving into my new house. As a new customer, I was supposed to get a $100 rebate, ($10 a mo. off my bill for 10 mos.) After getting my first bill & realizing the $10 rebate had not been applied, I called & was told I had to submit a form supplied by my installer to get the rebate. Needless to say, the installer never gave me any such form & never told me I had to file anything to get the rebate. You also only have 30 days to submit the form from date of install, Which has already expired! Good one, dish network. They are like all the other utilities, always looking for new ways to rook another buck from the customer. After 2-1/2 more years and half a dozen price increases, I have cancelled service with them for the 2nd and final time, I will get my programming elsewhere.

N  24th of Sep, 2009 by
I bought a new HDTV for Christmas got it hook up by dish network they said on phone 179.00 dollars to hook up with a 100.00 dollar back. Call in and they would send the form this is a scam call 6 to 8 times never got anything in mail was told to do it online but never given correct code . This is what is wrong with America now so much dis- honesty. Well take that 100.00 dollars time millions of people this is a big fraud and just a way to raise our bills again. when is it going to stop it, s happing in housing loans by banks, water companies, electric co. people should not be able to put what ever interest rates they want there should be one and one only.
A  17th of Feb, 2010 by
i called dish network to get new service. after the installation the service tech noticed that i didnt have the hd package that i should have. we called customer service and they said it would be an extra $10 a month. i said that i didnt want the service then, because they couldnt keep their promise. the tech left all of the equipment at my house and i got an email saying that i had to ship them the receiver at my cost of $15. this is after i had missed half a day of work to find that they had made a mistake that i had to pay for. i will never use dish network or encourage someone else to.

DISH Network / DISH.com Logo DISH Network / DISH.com