Dish Network / poor quality of service and defective equipment
Having moved to Bhubaneswar I purchased my Dish TV on 25th August 2007 with one year free viewing time with Telugu regional package. To me it was problem time from that day onwards. I shall serialize the issues here under.
1. Audio on its own going down. Try to switch between various channels with full volume like mad, you will suddenly explode with full volume. A disgusting affair for me and a nuisance to the neighbors.
2. Every now and then on many channels, we will get problem code "301-No signal - Check whether antenna or STB is properly connected"
3. I was not getting the free to air DD channels at all for quite a long time after installation. Now I have been getting them for the past one month when the realigned the antenna and repaired my STB (second time). Of course, the problem of no signal is with most other channels.
4. Contrary to the claims of 99.96% uptime with best quality of service, the signal goes off in many channels if we face a thick cloud cover itself. If it is slight drizzle the whole equipment is pretty useless. The signal returns much after the drizzle stops.
5. It is advertised that once you register your mobile with Dish TV, you are automatically recognized when you call their Customer Care. This is a blatant lie. Every time I call up, I had to go thru the religious of entering my 11 digit VC number. The travails do not end there. The Customer Service executive again asks for your VC Number and other information like your address for confirmation that you are the same person who bought the service from them. Then they start giving you useless and irritating advices like after switching on the equipment leave it for 10 hours on channel 555 or remove the VC and reinsert and the like. Very very disgusting and nauseating affair to deal with dish TV.
After all this if some one wants to still buy Dish TV it is nothing but suicidal.
More Dish Network Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Dish Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service 
- Dish Network - as a former employee let me tell you 
- Dish Network - dish network receiver equipment scam!!! 
- Infinity Dish - infinity dish scam 
- [Resolved] Dish Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - satellite reception 
- Dish.com - service
- Dish Network / Dish.com - on demand service
- Dish Network / Dish.com - 702 934-3800 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - customer service and supervisors at dish network