Discover Card / lost payments!!!

1 New Albany, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-347-2683

I recently called Discover to confirm why my November payment had not been posted to my credit card account only to learn Discover had no record of the payment. I learned from the account manager that due to Discover changing their payment address that several million payments are missing!!! And the company is charging late fees and finance charges to all these customers whose payments are simply lost!!! Can you believe this?? Thankfully my check wasn't cashed so I could stop payment, but of course my bank charged me a fee to stop the check. I think Discover should reimburse all the customers that are affected by this and do it immediately!! It's the holiday shopping season too...If you have recently called Discover and they can't locate your payment, please report it on here. The more people that come forward the better so Discover is held accountable for once!!! Ugh

Me

Comments

La
  10th of Dec, 2008

ALSO REPORT THEM TO THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION.

If they refuse to credit late fees and interest because of THEIR PROCESS /ADDRESS CHANGE you can file a complaint with the Office of Thrift Supervision.

CC companies are really messing up peoples accounts all by themselves and will not admit nor fix the problems they create for their customers unless you contact the OTS and OTS makes them fix it.

Ro
  7th of Jan, 2009

I signed up for this card because they were offering 2.9% financing on balance transfers until 2010. I did this in October and they can not find my 1st payment in the month of November. I immediately went online and paid the November balance and December. Two days later I received Decembers bill with a late fee and a new interest rate of 17.9%. I called customer service and told them that the check was lost but I immediately paid Nov and Dec to correct the situation. I asked them to reinstate the 2.9% and they told me that there policies have changed and they can not under no circumstances lower my rate for any reason. I went up the chain and talked to several Managers and they all said it's too bad but there is nothing they can do. What can I do to get help with this situation?

Roger

Jo
  13th of Mar, 2009

It happened to me. My March 2009 payment was not received and yes my check has not been cashed. I happened to notice March statement's payment address is PO BOX 30395 Salt Lake City, Utah 84130. My past due statement in April the payment address says PO BOX 6103 Carol Stream, IL 60197-6103. The person I talked to on the phone from Discovery is as confuse as I am. He insist I should send all my payments in UT. Not sure how to send my next payment worried they will not receive it again and this time they will not lower my interest rate and give me back my past due amount. My bank also charged me $20 for stop pay for the first check.

Ja
  23rd of Feb, 2016

I just got a Discover card and on my 2nd payment they lost it. THE PAYMENT WAS A FXCKING E PAYMENT!! I now have to wait 15 days for discover to do whatever (aka banks to clear/discover to catch up etc). But luckily the days are almost over. One could say it’s my bank? It has never happened with my credit union and my other payment with them posted the exact same day. So wtf would it take 15 days now? Long Story Short I am done with Discover!