Discover Card / trillion dollar hold placed on bank accounts!
I had a Discover Card that I had an approximate balance of $3, 000. on. I had some unforeseen circumstances, mostly medical, that caused me to fall behind in payments. Discover turned my account over to an attorney, who took me to court. In the past two months they have received judgment on me for the $3, 000 with an interest rate of 21.99% and attorney fees of around $1, 000. I had offered to pay the attorney's $50.00 but they would not accept it, so that is why they took me to court, because they felt like I was not willing to pay my debt.
As of yesterday, 5-16, 08, the attorneys have placed a trillion dollar hold on three bank accounts that my name is on; mine, my mother's, and my daughter's. All of us are unable to access our accounts. I am assuming that the reason they are doing this is because they would not be able to garnish my pension (state law), and the other income I have would give them only $50.00, (25% of my earnings). My daughter's and my mother's accounts have the money to pay the debt, but it will leave both of them with nothing. The attorney had told me that Discover will not mess with you and it's obvious that this is true. It appears that they will do whatever it takes to receive their money.
My suggestion to anyone who is looking to have a Discover Card. BEWARE!!! If you lose your job or have an unexpected illness and are unable to pay your bill, expect to be turned over to attorneys. I'm sure that I am not the only one this has happened to and I'm sure I won't be the last. I have absolutely nothing good to say about Discover, their attorneys, or the tactics that they have used to recover a $3, 000. debt.
More Discover Card Complaints & Reviews
- Discover Card - dispute of charges 
- Discover Card - scam and cheating 
- Discover Card - lower payment plan scam 
- Discover Card - possible scam to get one to activate fraud protection 
- Discover Card - usurious increase in apr by discover card 
- Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - credit card client services
- Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - unauthorized charges
- Discover Card - customer service
- Discover Card - cancellation of card 
- Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - late fee