DirecTV / unethical behavior

1 United States

I was a direct tv customer. I moved from a rental home to a new home. I requested to move my equipment. When the installer came to my home, he recommended direct TV's wireless receivers. I agreed. The installer placed me on the phone with a phone representative. The phone rep asked me if I agreed to the purchase and I stated yes. The phone rep asked if I was aware of the need to renew my two year agreement. I replied the only way I would agree was if my monthly rate did not change. They stated my monthly rate would not change. I agreed to the purchase. They stated all calls are recorded for quality assurance. Two months later, the monthly rate increased. They stated my initial rate had expired and I was now going to pay an additional +$70 a month. I called and complained, the customer service department ignored my complaint and I cancelled my service on the basis of break in our original agreement. Why would I sign up to pay $70 or more monthly? They stated I now owe $361.59 for early termination. DIrecTv's business practices are unethical and they are thieves. My account number is [protected]. Can you help me.

Je