Direct TV / moving charge

1 Reno, NV, United States Review updated:

Directv "mover's" page states you are allowed one "free" move per year. It also states there are certain terms and conditions, such as tenure, payment history, etc. However, the company does not list any specific language as to how long the 'tenure' has to be. The language is very arbitrary (A word I used with the 'customer service' rep but I doubt she knew what it meant until I explained it to her). Iow, the company can select the terms for length of service within that first year on an arbitrary basis, whatever they want it to mean. This particular rep stated to me that I would have had to have service for 6 - 8 months prior to the move in order to qualify for a "free" move and not be charged a $50 fee for moving. Even that is arbitrary... Is it 6 months, 7 months or 8 months? What if it is 5 months and 28 days? The long and short is with all the complaints about this company, and they are legion, which major consumer protection law firm out there is going to take on this company in a class-action suit??? I'll be the first plaintiff and will assist in the filing and work that needs to be done. Their capricious and arbitrary practices in all areas of overcharging and lack of proper service are outrageous and must be stopped... To hit them in the pocketbook... Big time. Anyone want to help me take this on?

Comments

• Sl
      10th of Jan, 2013

When I tried to get the DirecTv rep to tell me the moving charges if we moved before the first year of our contract, she replied "I can't tell you until you place the move order". Huh?.. Ridiculous.