Direct TV / awful company!

Fresno, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-3557530

Everything is great the first year, then after your contract is up, they of course raise your rates, and when you try to cancel, they only give you seven days to get their equipment back to them. They shipped the boxes by fed ex on 3/14, I canceled on 3/12, it's 3/17 I still have not received the boxes, I just told the jerk customer service idiot that there was no way I can get the equipment back to him in seven days, and all he could say was I haven't been charged yet, of course not, it hasn't been seven days yet. I told him flat out I wasn't paying, and he said Alright, then I told him to have a nice evening A-hole.

All their customer service people are rude and have bad attitudes. Do not go with directv. Plus, they don't want their stupid dishes back, only the receivers and remote controls, what am I going to do with their stupid dish.
Va

Comments

Jo
  1st of Apr, 2008
The quality of the signal is terrible. If it rains in the slightest amount, I can plan on listening to the radio for the evening.

When I expressed my concern about bad signal in rain to the agent when I purchased the service, I was told that they improved the quality of service and she only had problems in serious weather conditions. What a crock!

When I call and complain, the person at customer service says that loss of signal is normal. They walk me through the normal tests then say that the dish is misaligned. They suggest sending out a service technician. Think there will be a charge? I will ask for assurance that there will be no fee for a service complaint.

Must be nice; no signal you pay. Don't pay, they turn off the service. They turn offthe service, you still pay. WOW!!!
Am
  3rd of Apr, 2008
I subscribed to Direct TV on March 29th after my request with Dish Network to reroute my dish wiring through my bedroom window to comply with our condo association's regulations was declined without charges. I got the Preferred Choice package which includes TFC, HBO, STARZ and Showtime for $62 per month for the 1st year and will go up to $72 per month thereafter plus the $6 Protection Plan. I was also in their website during the subscription process and the Preferred Choice package was not shown in the options since I was told it's an international package. I specifically asked (confirmed 3 times) if the Military is included in the package and 3 times I was given a "yes" answer. Concluding the deal I was given a 12PM to 4PM time window that the Direct TV technician will arrive to install everything. I took a half-day off from work to make it happen and 4PM past, no technician. After several follow-ups with Direct TV the technician finally arrived @ 5:50PM. Everything were going smoothly till after the 1st TV was operational, I started to check the channels and found out that the Military channel is not included in the package. I called Direct TV and was told that the Preferred Choice package I subscribed for does not include the Military channel. I reiterated the deal I had on March 29th and the rep I was talking with offered me the missing Military channel but a completely different package altogether. Price went up to $98/month for the 1st year and will increase to $133 thereafter. I called for the complaint @ 9:35PM PST and the technician have not finished installation yet. I was threatened to be penalized $20/month for 48 months, the length of the contract if I will not confirm cancellation at that very moment. I was also charged $25, as a deposit, which I was promised, will be reimbursed to me in my 1st month's bill. Given no choice I had to cancel because the contract I agreed upon on March 29th was completely modified.

Direct TV's deceptive practices to consummate the sale are unacceptable. They will revise the package which will jack up the pricing and the threats you'll be given to give in to their altered offer on the package will make people agree to their terms is unacceptable. I wish to put a stop on this approach of Direct TV and penalize them for continuing to threatened people of penalties despite their deceptive practices. The installation was completed @ 10PM PST, March 31st and I cancelled the service 25 minutes earlier.

DirecTV Logo DirecTV